Mechanical Questions Thread

I'm thinking of making a spectre build with the new jewel and Unearth, but I can't find any information on some of the mechanics I plan to use.

1. What are the stats of the bone archers spawned by Unearth? I'm particularly interested in finding out their crit chance and multi, life, and base damage at level 95.

2. Does Vile Toxins affect minions? I did this last league and I'm 99% sure it affects their poison damage, but I'm unsure whether or not it increases their hit damage.

3. Can Perfect Agony affect minions using Coralito's Signature with Umbilicus Immortalis? I've done a bit of testing, and I think it may, but it's hard to tell and Path of Building shows no increase in damage (it wouldn't surprise me if PoB was wrong about this, though).
"
Andylll wrote:
1. What are the stats of the bone archers spawned by Unearth? I'm particularly interested in finding out their crit chance and multi, life, and base damage at level 95.

As far as I'm aware, the exact stats are not public. They should be comparable to other normal monsters of the same level.

"
2. Does Vile Toxins affect minions? I did this last league and I'm 99% sure it affects their poison damage, but I'm unsure whether or not it increases their hit damage.

If it is linked to the minion summoning gem, the minion's hits will benefit from all three modifiers (including the quality bonus). Obviously the minion needs to have some way to inflict poison to benefit from the more/increased poison damage.

"
3. Can Perfect Agony affect minions using Coralito's Signature with Umbilicus Immortalis? I've done a bit of testing, and I think it may, but it's hard to tell and Path of Building shows no increase in damage (it wouldn't surprise me if PoB was wrong about this, though).

I don't see a reason why this shouldn't work, I would assume PoB error. Note that (as far as I know) the only way to increase the critical multiplier for zombies and spectres is the Increased Critical Damage support gem.
Is possible stack the DOT damage of Vortex, Chaos damage and Poison?

I'll use Volkuur's Guidance gloves and i have some of my elemental damage converted do chaos damage on my skills.
Last edited by Higorvilpon on Jan 25, 2018, 2:02:12 AM
"
Higorvilpon wrote:
Is possible stack the DOT damage of Vortex, Chaos damage and Poison?

I'll use Volkuur's Guidance gloves and i have some of my elemental damage converted do chaos damage on my skills.

Yes, they are different effects and completely independent of each other.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jan 25, 2018, 4:21:04 AM
I'm thinking about building a hipster Infernal Blow Oro's slayer based around using Volkuur's gloves and scaling both the Ignite and the poison DoTs as my main damage.

I know for sure that fire/elemental damage will scale both from the DoT announcement:

"
In addition, cases where base damage of one type can cause a damaging ailment that deals a different type of damage will be treated similarly to conversion with regard to damage modifiers.

This means that if you have the unique item "The Three Dragons", so that you Ignite with Cold Damage, rather than Fire Damage, when hitting an enemy with Cold Damage, the hit will be affected by Cold Damage modifiers, while the resulting Ignite will be affected by modifiers to Cold or Fire Damage, because it's dealing Fire Damage from base Cold Damage - this is pretty much the same as converting damage from Cold to Fire, such as with the support gem.

There are also a few Volkuur's poison builds floating around that seem to confirm this. What I'm *less* sure of is how that poison damage is classified. It absolutely does chaos damage. What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not it actually counts as BURNING.

Some of those threads with random responses say yes, some say no. Closes I can find to a trustworthy source with anything close to an answer is Wiki, which says:

"
It is important to note that Burning and Ignite are not directly synonymous. Ignite is an elemental ailment which deals fire damage over time and is applied from hits with fire damage. All fire DoT effects are burning damage, but not all of them are ignite. This is a key point when considering buffs and supports.

I have no idea what this means for those Volkuur's poisons. They aren't fire damage, but they are clearly TAGGED as fire damage (since fire damage scales them). I can find some sources in those build threads that say it'll benefit from stuff like Increased Burning Damage Support or be able to trigger Immolate, and some that say it won't because it's not actually *doing* fire damage, but nothing definitive from a dev.

So, I have two questions:

1) When an enemy is taking damage over time that is NOT fire damage, but is tagged as fire damage from conversion, does that DoT count as burning damage? I think Volkuur's poison is the only potential trial case of this right now, but there may be some weird bleed shenanigans I don't know about.

2) How exactly does the game decide if something is 'Burning' in general, and is that still working as intended now that there is at least one method in the game to create damage over time effects that are tagged as but don't actually do any fire damage?
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Jan 25, 2018, 3:58:21 PM
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
I'm thinking about building a hipster Infernal Blow Oro's slayer based around using Volkuur's gloves and scaling both the Ignite and the poison DoTs as my main damage.[..]
1) When an enemy is taking damage over time that is NOT fire damage, but is tagged as fire damage from conversion, does that DoT count as burning damage? I think Volkuur's poison is the only potential trial case of this right now, but there may be some weird bleed shenanigans I don't know about.

2) How exactly does the game decide if something is 'Burning' in general, and is that still working as intended now that there is at least one method in the game to create damage over time effects that are tagged as but don't actually do any fire damage?

"Burning Damage" is just a different word for "Fire Damage over Time", nothing more. Poison is not Fire Damage over Time.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 25, 2018, 4:08:10 PM
That's the stock reply from those players who seem more well versed in game mechanics, yeah. I'm still curious about the game actually does that, since it WOULD have broke w/Volkuur's if the code was some versions of:

If (counts as 'DoT' AND counts as 'Fire') Then (is 'Burning')

I'm curious about how it's actually, mechanically done. At the very least, it hints that they had thought about having damage inflict damaging DoTs of other damage types way back when they first built the system, which is pretty cool.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Jan 25, 2018, 4:19:21 PM
Maybe there's a reason it's the stock reply. :/ You have your answer.
hi,i am doing Shaped Burial Chambers run,already run about 70maps,Since the prophecy of the frog pestilence has been triggered once, it has never been triggered again.The same problem appears Bountiful Traps,The Last Watch.These predictions are all triggered on this map and can't be triggered again on this map.Is this BUG?

Zone-altering Prophecies generate a list of zones they trigger on when acquired. If you acquire the Frog Prophecy and it doesn't spawn on Burial Chambers the first time, it will never trigger on Burial Chamber no matter how often you try.
Sealing and unsealing rerolls the zone list.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 25, 2018, 8:28:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info