Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello. I know that GGG staff have already replied to requesting for mobs' armor values list, but, can you please tell at least some examples for endgame bosses? like Shaper, Uber Atziri etc. This will be very valuable info, cause it can't be found anywhere. Thank you!
I would love to have a confirmation of the interaction between Winter Burial and Impact (hopefully before 3.1 hits but I understand it's not likely).

My question concretely is whether the '50% less Splash damage' of the Impact node also reduces the Splash damage from Winter Burial. This would mean that taking that ascendancy node actually halves your AoE damage, which I would find pretty stupid.

I understand the wording seems to imply that and I'm probably in denial. But from what I've found it seems that people are not completely sure, so I'll wait for confirmation before I go cry in the corner.
I intend to do a Mine build as a reroll for the 3.1 (Lightning tendrils being my starter).

I've a few questions related to Freeze Mine that the wiki page of the skill doesn't answer. And the tooltip of the skill being unclear to me too.

• In the skill effects there's "Always Freezes enemies". Is this a lie ? If not, does it care about the minimum standard duration required for a freeze to apply (300ms) or it'll apply as little as a 60ms freeze on the Shaper for instance ?
  • Still in the skill effects, there's "Freezes enemies as though dealing (200-390)% more Damage". I'm not sure to understand the "as though" part (i'd have if it was "as well as" or just "deals ... more damages"). Does it mean any enemy will take that more damages or they've to be frozen first ? I tried to see in-game but i don't have the proper setup to test that out.
  • What is the radius of this skill ? I did a Fire Nova Mine back then with a very good AoE (before AoE nerfs but i tried it and it's still pretty good with the 2 passive tree clusters + Inc. AoE gem). I tried Freeze Mine and it seems the AoE is extremely small. Like Inc. AoE had no effect despite having the AoE keyword. In Path of Building there's even no radius displayed.

Thanks in advance.
Edit : Just saw the last answer was in August 2017, RIP. I'll try to get these info somewhere else i guess.
Edit² @Vipermaji (below) : Okayyy thanks. It makes more sense now indeed. RIP Freeze Mine then. It'll probably be Fire Nova Mine again, or something else (but meh 5l only).
Last edited by Harest on Dec 7, 2017, 11:51:57 AM
"
Harest wrote:
  • In the skill effects there's "Always Freezes enemies". Is this a lie ? If not, does it care about the minimum standard duration required for a freeze to apply (300ms) or it'll apply as little as a 60ms freeze on the Shaper for instance ?
  • Still in the skill effects, there's "Freezes enemies as though dealing (200-390)% more Damage". I'm not sure to understand the "as though" part (i'd have if it was "as well as" or just "deals ... more damages"). Does it mean any enemy will take that more damages or they've to be frozen first ? I tried to see in-game but i don't have the proper setup to test that out.

1. Always Freezes simply means it has 100% Chance to Freeze - but Freeze is still Freeze.
2. "As though" means the Freeze Duration is calculated based on your Damage with a 200-390% More Multiplier, but your true Damage is not actually increased.
I would like some clarification on the following line in the patch notes:

Fixed a bug where enemies hit by Sunder's linear component also unintentionally got hit by the area of effect that hit created.

In a single target situation, was the target always being hit by the secondary component, thus making this bugfix a huge nerf at 29% less damage done? Or was it just happening in specific circumstances?
Hey there, since dark pact now has the " minion " tag I'd like to know about the interactions.

1. Is it increased by minion damage
2. If not, would it be increased if I'd be wearing " the scourge"

If I play dark pact in a Totem, will it
1. Get the damage modifier of consuming the life of the totem ( because it is consuming something)
2. Will it be affected by " minion modifiers" because totems usually arent affected by those.

and again, if not. Would it work if I#d be wearing "the scourge"

Thank you in advance!
Skill gem tags generally don't have implicit effects other than "this gem is affected by '+X to level of socketed <tag> gems' modifiers". Specifically Dark Pact has the Minion tag, but does not deal Minion Damage. Thus modifiers to Minion Damage will not affect it. But it would be affected by, for example, the Reanimator's prefix on a helmet. (+1 to level of socketed minion gems).

The penultimate mod of The Scourge simply gives you an additional "+X% increased Damage" whenever you have +X% increased Minion Damage. Since this increased damage is untyped, it should affect Dark Pact.

On the other hand, the last mod gives you Increased Minion Damage, which does not affect DP, as per above. (But it contributes to the +X% untyped damage increase from the previous mod. What I'm saying is, it won't double dip.)

As far as totems go, here is the wiki:

"
Spell Totem Support: Dark Pact can be supported by spell totem and will cast whenever there is an enemy is in close proximity. The totem will first attempt to target any skeleton in range. If none are found, the totem will sacrifice 6% of its own maximum life. [...] Totems that self-sacrifice will receive the more damage bonus.

All damage modifiers that would apply to DP if you were to cast it also apply when a totem casts it, as usual for totems. In addition to that, all applicable totem damage modifiers will apply too.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Dec 7, 2017, 6:54:59 PM
"
Durish wrote:
Tukohama's Vanguards no longer summon multiple totems at a time while spectred, and the duration of their totems has been lowered to 5 seconds (from 10). They are less likely to place additional totems while they have at least one totem.
Wickerman Righteous Fire damage has been lowered while spectred. These monsters were using a version of Righteous Fire not intended for spectres, and were dealing significantly more damage than intended as a result. This change brings them in line with other spectres who use Righteous Fire.

--------------------

I need to fix my Necro build for next league, and have some questions in air with this infos.

- If I have 4 Vanquards, every 1 of them will cast 1 totem (Total of 4 Totens!) Or 4 Vanquards will have only 1 totem up? (Total of 1 Totem!).
- Time of Vanquards cast a new totem are the same?

- About Wickerman explaim plz how much is this fix for dps! Need numbers to analise if I need find another Spectres for map clean or end game boses.

GGG has confirmed that the problem was, in fact, that they were summoning two or three totems at the same time, and all of them except for the first one popped instantly because each TV could only have a single totem out.

So ... basically, assume that they now work better, but more or less as they did before. (They waste less of their mana, not that you really notice, and they resummon totems less while they are hitting things.)

For the Wickerman, we don't know. You can probably assume they perform similarly to an equal level spectre with unrighteous fire though.
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Dec 7, 2017, 6:59:17 PM
"
hmms wrote:
I would like some clarification on the following line in the patch notes:

Fixed a bug where enemies hit by Sunder's linear component also unintentionally got hit by the area of effect that hit created.

In a single target situation, was the target always being hit by the secondary component, thus making this bugfix a huge nerf at 29% less damage done? Or was it just happening in specific circumstances?

Most likely just in specific circumstances, I've been testing something recently and it was doing similar actual dps as other physical skills when set to the same tooltip dps, if the enemy was also getting hit by the AoE it would be 40% faster.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
They waste less of their mana, not that you really notice

Do monsters even have/use mana? I always thought they either didn't have it or had so much of it that running out would never be an issue. Is that not the case?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info