Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello Mark! Is it possible to play a lacerate build with a stat-stick in off-hand(type dagger)? Or does it force off-hand attack even though the weapon type is not usable? Thanks.
"
nathaniel123 wrote:
Hello, I was considering making a character centered around the Doomfletch and Doomfletch’s Prism unique bow. The wording of the latter unique’s effect reads “Gain 110% of bow physical damage as extra damage of each element.” My question is, does this gained damage based on physical damage happen before or after elemental conversions?

For example, if I were to use the skill Lightning Arrow, which converts 50% of my physical damage to lightning damage, would I still gain the same amount of damage as if I were using Split Arrow which has no elemental conversion via this mechanic?

Added damage works sort of strangely with conversion. It converts as though you have 100% of the normal damage.

Even if you convert 100% of your phys to elemental, doomfletch will still give you extra elemental dmage.

"
Lammy wrote:

Does increased area of effect apply to shield charge's width while traveling?

yes
"
Lammy wrote:

Do generic "melee damage" modifiers apply to poison/bleed applied by melee skills?

no
"
Lammy wrote:

Does Shield Charge's 200% more damage apply to poison/bleed inflicted by it?

It affects the initial hit, but I don't think it double dips. I remember reading that EQ's "More" damage multiplier on the aftershock actually doesn't double dip, in which case, shield charge probably wouldn't either. However, I'm not entirely sure.
"
Lammy wrote:

Does Earthquake's 70% more damage from the aftershock apply to poison/bleed inflicted by it?

Again, I've read that it doesn't double dip.
"
Lammy wrote:

With a Voidheart equipped, do your melee totems poison/bleed?

Yes.

"
alex5355 wrote:
Hello Mark! Is it possible to play a lacerate build with a stat-stick in off-hand(type dagger)? Or does it force off-hand attack even though the weapon type is not usable? Thanks.

You can play with a stat-stick in the off or main hand. However, there is currently a bug with lacerate that causes the offhand to hit even when it shouldn't.
Link

"
Jojas wrote:
Do two different sources for elemental penetration (like mastermind of discord from elementalist + lightning penetration support gem) stack? If not, how does it work?

They Stack additively.
"
Jojas wrote:

Another question: Is Izaro in his final stage considered "low life"?

<33%35% is low life. I think Izaro is <33% so the answer is probably yes.

"
solacespecs wrote:
I was curious about the Gladiator ascendancy node Outmatch and Outlast. It reads:

25% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill with mainhand
25% chance to gain an endurance charge on kill with offhand

I was curious the relationship between this node and a build that uses a 1H and shield.

1) Does this node only apply to dual wielding?
2) Does it work for an ability such as shield charge, which uses the shield to do damage?
3) Can the frenzy charge portion proc if you are unarmed?

1) No you can use it with 1H
2) Shield charge hits with your main hand, not your shield. So it only would gain you frenzy charges
3) I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Last edited by Suzumiyaharuhi on Jun 16, 2016, 12:44:25 PM
If i hit in Melee Range with LS, do the enemies take 2x damage, once from melee and once from the origin of the projectiles or are they both exclusive to range/melee?
My Static Strike Marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211370
Our Map Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977/page/1

Avoid: BKR, apinkpwny
"
<33% is low life. I think Izaro is <33% so the answer is probably yes.

<35% :)
"
"
solacespecs wrote:
I was curious about the Gladiator ascendancy node Outmatch and Outlast.[..]
1) Does this node only apply to dual wielding?[..]
3) Can the frenzy charge portion proc if you are unarmed?

1) No you can use it with 1H[..]
3) I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

1. And two-handers/bows; they count as Mainhand weapons.
3. It doesn't specify it only works with weapons. Unarmed hits should still be mainhand. I don't have a character with said Passive however...
"
Slamdancer wrote:
If i hit in Melee Range with LS, do the enemies take 2x damage, once from melee and once from the origin of the projectiles or are they both exclusive to range/melee?

Enemies hit by Lightning Strike's single-target melee strike do not take damage from the initial volley of Projectiles.
(you can hit enemies with Melee and Projectile hits if you Splash or Chain)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 16, 2016, 12:33:26 PM
Damage from Scold's Bridle and Heartbound Loop cant stun or crit although both of them are hits.
Is this a technical (they belong to a subclass of hits that isnt able to stun or hit) or is it a design/balance (these 2 got exception rules) reason?
"
Goldarm5 wrote:
Damage from Scold's Bridle and Heartbound Loop cant stun or crit although both of them are hits.
Is this a technical (they belong to a subclass of hits that isnt able to stun or hit) or is it a design/balance (these 2 got exception rules) reason?

I believe they're coded specifically to do this.
a couple questions about singularity's "X% increased Damage against Hindered Enemies"

is damage calculated on cast, or is it rolled separately for every mob hit?
if on cast, how does singularities bonus work?
does the effect stack if dual wielding singularities, or do i only benefit from one of them?
"
Xavqwyrus wrote:
a couple questions about singularity's "X% increased Damage against Hindered Enemies"

is damage calculated on cast, or is it rolled separately for every mob hit?
if on cast, how does singularities bonus work?
does the effect stack if dual wielding singularities, or do i only benefit from one of them?

Rolled Separately, and you benefit from both if you dual-weild.
"
potvin93 wrote:
Hi Mark,

I was wondering how to do the rampage challenge with 1000 killstreask with my summoner and i saw there is a pair of gloves to be on rampage (Wyrmsign) and thinking how get a maximum endurance charge. So by reducing my maximum capacity the endurance charge, i'll be at the maximum!

However, it doesn't seem to work. Is it me that i don't understand the maximum endurance charge while at 0/0 or it's a bug?

Thank you.

Wyrmsing and 3 Fragility is what i am talking about.

I am really confused, it should work i think...
Last edited by potvin93 on Jun 16, 2016, 6:43:51 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Rapid Decay: Yes, that's literally what it does.
Hypothermia: No. Damage over Time cannot do state-checks on the enemy.

Does Less Duration Support reduce poison and bleed time too (when using EQ)?
ign: fanimala

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info