Mechanical Questions Thread

Rapid Decay: Yes, that's literally what it does.
Hypothermia: No. Damage over Time cannot do state-checks on the enemy.
I was faced with such a problem - I wear Cospri's Will and use 2 skills supported by Item Rarity Support (Essence Drain + ... + IR and Abyssal Cry + ... + Void Manipulation + IR) at one point I realized that I have no idea how it works/interact. 

I read from Bex_GGG posts

"

There is no way to decide which degeneration effect killed an enemy, so it picks the one that has been on the monster the longest. If an enemy is affected by Essence Drain, Contagion and Righteous Fire, it will pick whichever one was applied first and check the Rarity of that skill. In other words, if you want to link a degen skill with Item Rarity, ensure you use that skill first.

"

The effects of the skill will be modified by all of the supports on the attack. It is affected by the relevant supports on the skill, it isn't supported by them. The only things that can be supported are active skills and poison is not a skill.

From this I can conclude that:
1) If i kill enemy via Abyssal Cry explosion, loot from him will affected by IR gem, right?
2) If i kill enemy via poison (sorce of poison - Cospri's Will) from Abyssal Cry explosion, loot from him will affected only by IR from my gear, right?

But still have few question: 
3) If I replace in Abyssal Cry setup Void Manipulation to Poison gem but still wear Cospri's Will will it whether it will be fix scenario (IR gem not apply) described above? Or i must use another chest in order to achieve the desired effect?
4) If i kill enemy via Essence Drain (not hit but degen) before poison expire (sorce of poison - Cospri's Will) will be loot affected by IR gem?

P.S. If monster cursed by Enfeeble whether it will doing less damage from Abyssal Cry explosion?
IGN Odminko, Orlangoor.
Last edited by Daimonidlo on Jun 16, 2016, 7:09:24 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Rapid Decay: Yes, that's literally what it does.
Hypothermia: No. Damage over Time cannot do state-checks on the enemy.

Thanks for the reply. Does it mean Mark_GGG won't answer my question anymore?

I was reading Mark's posts, and found this:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Warhole wrote:
Since cospri's is the item doing the poisoning, and not bladefall, the tooltip for bladefall says nothing about poisoning. Will rapid decay as a 6th link increase the poison dot from Cospri's?

Bladefall cannot be supported by Rapid Decay.

Bladefall can be supported by Rapid Decay IF it is used as a trap or a mine. Which is quite popular way to use the skill. So I’m not sure why this question was answered that way, not touching main part of the question – if effects coming from items are affected by supports linked to the skill that caused said effects. I've seen two instances where someone say that Mark once confirmed, that support gems don't scale effects (like poison) added by items/ascendancies. And I’m just trying to confirm if using the ring over support gem is making my poison weaker (other than 38% increased poison damage and 10% poison duration coming from Poison Support itself).

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding Talismans, as I would like to know how to treat them towards my no-legacy (except for IIQ support) policy.

Are talismans entirely legacy? Or are they items that will pop up in specific leagues then disappear again? Or are they going to reappear (or are already there) for good? Are there other parts of that content that are currently accessible (without trading), appart from Rigwald's Curse? For example, can we get Talismans through the Time-Lost Relic divination card, and if so, which ones?

Does GGG have an official stance about this topic?

Would it be possible to have all items either be legacy or available in all leagues, rather than being switched on and off depending on which leagues/events are on?
Does the "Deals 50% of Base Damage" on Shield Charge affect bleed or poison damage? I know it affects the initial hit, but does it double dip onto the bleed/poison?

"
Katasi wrote:
Does the "Deals 50% of Base Damage" on Shield Charge affect bleed or poison damage? I know it affects the initial hit, but does it double dip onto the bleed/poison?

no.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
With proliferation type effects, does the elemental status get affected by modifiers as it spreads, or does it proliferate with the exact same stats. For instance, with emberwake, would the burn damage that proliferates be 80% less than the initial burn damage? I assume beacon of destruction and the prolif gem work the same way?

Can multistrike ignite on each hit, or is there a limit of one ignite per use of the skill per monster.
"
effovex wrote:
With proliferation type effects, does the elemental status get affected by modifiers as it spreads, or does it proliferate with the exact same stats.

It does get affected by modifiers
The initial burn gets affected by modifiers. The proliferated burn does the same damage as the initial burn. The modifiers don't 'double dip' on proliferated burn.
"
effovex wrote:

For instance, with emberwake, would the burn damage that proliferates be 80% less than the initial burn damage?

Yes it would.
EDIT: I misread this, the initial burn is going to be 80% less, meaning the proliferated burn is also 80% less, but it doesn't happen twice.
"
effovex wrote:

I assume beacon of destruction and the prolif gem work the same way?

Yes they do.
"
effovex wrote:

Can multistrike ignite on each hit, or is there a limit of one ignite per use of the skill per monster.

Each hit.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Last edited by Suzumiyaharuhi on Jun 16, 2016, 9:04:59 AM
Actually im testing some gladiator build and i noticed my melee totems blow up thing with my Gratuitout Violence gladiator ascendancy node. But it specifically says "Bleeding enemies "you" kill explode" i don't even need touch enemy just when my totems kill them they blow up.

This sheet seems so overpowered so i assume its a bug :x
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Jun 15, 2016, 4:22:00 PM
Hi Mark,

Quick question. Say I decide to use Elemental Hit with Avatar of Fire.

Presuming (for simplicity) that the hits of Ele Hit are in order Fire -> Cold -> Light, what damage and how much will each hit deal?

Will it be:

1) First hits deals fire; the same base dmg as the gem says, nothing more. Second hit does fire (former cold) at half the value of the cold dmg listed on the gem. Third hit does fire (former light) at half the value of the light dmg listed on the gem.

OR

2) First hit does fire dmg as listed on the gem PLUS half the cold PLUS half the light; and all subsequent hits follow the same logic, dealing the full fire plus half and half of the other elements as fire.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info