Mechanical Questions Thread

On nemesis/bloodlines leaguestones it says "Next area will contain additional rare/magic monsters". What I was wondering is if this mod behaves in such a way that additional rare/magic monster packs are added to the map or monster packs that were normally going to be spawned as just a white monster pack are converted to a rare/magic monster pack.
"
Fyndel wrote:
when i use this item
"
is that like having vaal pact or is that only increasing my base leech meaning i insta leech 20% of my HP per hit?

I think you are misunderstanding what x% increased Life Leeched per Second means. It is a modifier commonly called Leech Rate. By default, the base rate at which a single Leech instance occurs is 2% of maximum (Life); the x% increased Life Leeched per Second modifier increases this 2% by multiplying it by the bonus. So, if you have no other bonuses like it, Chrrubim's Maleficence with 100% increased Life Leeched per Second will cause each Leech instance you make to recover 4% of your maximum Life per second, instead of 2% (with Ghost Reaver, you replace the word Life with Energy Shield). Duration is always based on the 2% figure, however, so Leech Rate increases your total leeched amount assuming leech effects are not removed (as happens when one reaches full Life, usually).

Of course, Leech instances stack, so this is most likely to help you if you hit slowly, or if you are facing one single target.

"
iberion_ wrote:
I have a question about DoT changes in 3.0 and flat added damage. Is flat added damage considered a damage modifier?

Let's say I use Siege Ballista with Iron Commander and Poison Support. Is the base damage of Siege Ballista from what the Poison damage scales only the flat phys without the bonus from dexterity from the bow or is it including that?

I'll answer that with a quote from the first manifesto post:
"
Rory wrote:
Skills will calculate their Ignite, Poison or Bleed values as a separate damage value, taken straight from the base and added damage of the skill.

Siege Ballista's flat damage bonus per Dexterity is considered "added damage of the skill" in this context, so unless a strange bug happens or the mechanics change since Rory's post, your Poison will benefit from the added flat damage scaling from Dexterity as granted by Iron Commander.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
rcmoriarty wrote:
How are calculated the quantity of energy shield that I will get from a passive in the skill tree?

For example, I am in a doubt between "10% increased maximum energy shield" or "40% increased defences from equipped shield".

Which formula I must use to know how much energy shield I will get form those passives?

This is a little tricky, because the in-game character sheet doesn't tell you total base energy shield before Increased and More modifiers.

Here's how I would do it.

Read the summary energy shield value on the shield (for example, the 395 here:)
and then multiply that by 0.4 (which is 40%). Then, if you have Infused Shield, the passive behind Chaos Inoculation which grants 15% more energy shield, you multiply that by 1.15. So, using my shield as an example, 395 * 0.4 * 1.15 = 181.7 = you would gain +181 final net energy shield from the 40% increased defences from equipped shield passive. Just skip the 1.15 if you do not have that node.

For the 10% increased maximum energy shield passive, you have basically three choices: spend time adding up your flat energy shield manually (error-prone, time-consuming), import into Path of Building, or use an indirect, less-precise method. I will show you the indirect less-precise method.

Find an item which grants flat energy shield, preferably not a shield, such as:
, which grants +34 flat energy shield. Then, compare what your displayed Energy Shield is with and without the item (empty ring slot). Suppose my screen shows 5000 energy shield without the ring and 5102 energy shield with the ring. 5102 - 5000 = +117 net energy shield granted by the ring. Now I have to remove the 15% more bonus by dividing by 1.15: 117 / 1.15 = 101.7 or 102. Then, I find out how much existing x% increased energy shield I would have needed to get 102: 102/34 = 3.00, or I have 200% existing increased. Now, I can add the 10% new increased bonus on top of that and compare my total energy shield.

At 200% increased: 5102 energy shield displayed
At 210% increased: 5102 * (3.10 / 3.00) = 5272, so you gain +170 final net energy shield from the 10% increased energy shield node in this example.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on May 25, 2017, 7:10:42 PM
"
"
Fyndel wrote:
when i use this item
"
is that like having vaal pact or is that only increasing my base leech meaning i insta leech 20% of my HP per hit?

I think you are misunderstanding what x% increased Life Leeched per Second means. It is a modifier commonly called Leech Rate. By default, the base rate at which a single Leech instance occurs is 2% of maximum (Life); the x% increased Life Leeched per Second modifier increases this 2% by multiplying it by the bonus. So, if you have no other bonuses like it, Chrrubim's Maleficence with 100% increased Life Leeched per Second will cause each Leech instance you make to recover 4% of your maximum Life per second, instead of 2% (with Ghost Reaver, you replace the word Life with Energy Shield). Duration is always based on the 2% figure, however, so Leech Rate increases your total leeched amount assuming leech effects are not removed (as happens when one reaches full Life, usually).

Of course, Leech instances stack, so this is most likely to help you if you hit slowly, or if you are facing one single target.
who would use that items doesnt that mean its total garbage? for example a fast hitter like blade vortex has no use for it all cause its a max leech rate?
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Last edited by Fyndel on May 25, 2017, 8:10:41 PM
I have a few questions about the Mechanics of Decay (from Delirium Essence)

1. Can you specifically explain how support gems will affect Decay ( I understand generally that support gems that support aspects of the main skill will scale a decay ) but ... What if I have a 4 Link of CWDT, Ethereal Knives and support with VOID MANIPULATION AND RAPID DECAY... while normally VOID MANIPULATION and RAPID DECAY would not have an effect on Ethereal Knives ... when I have a decay setup will the DECAY scale from the VOID MANIPULATION and RAPID DECAY ?

2. If I am applying multiple sources of decay from various hits and CWDT triggers , will the strongest effect always apply ? How is this stack handled ...

Thanks

VOC
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
AllDevourer wrote:
For example, do Undying Grapplers have something like "200% increased life, 100% increased lightning damage" from their tree, and as such the damage they deal with Discharge is at it's highest when Power Charges are being Discharged?
Monster's skills may have such damage modifiers. In addtion, monsters get increased life and damage (among other modifiers) for being magic/rare/unique, and get increased life based on the number of players in the party.

What other modifiers and how much does each modifier increase for each rarity magic/rare/unique?

Is this additive or multiplicative with other modifiers like map mods, affix mods that can spawn on rare or magic monsters, mods that a specific monster type could have and mods a boss could have?

I remember reading something about this a long time ago but now i cant find it.
I'm confused in interaction between 'converted/extra damage' and 'extra damage' mechanics. I have read about converted damage mechanics, but some cases are still unclear to me.

To illustrate this I have two cases to ask:
1. I have physical damage X and '100% phys damage converted to cold damage', resulting in total 1x damage (1x cold).
2. I have physical damage X and '100% phys damage added as extra cold damage', resulting in total 2x damage (1x phys and 1x cold).

How many extra chaos damage I will receive in both cases if I use Atziri's Promise flask (with perfect rolls) - 0.15x or 0.25x or 0.4x, and why?

I would be grateful for clarification.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on May 29, 2017, 1:13:01 AM
Sorry for me bad English....
But....
I cant play cos lags literally EVERYWHERE.
Аt least somebody of the developers is working on this issue?
at least sometimes...
"
yashikandreya wrote:
Sorry for me bad English....
But....
I cant play cos lags literally EVERYWHERE.
Аt least somebody of the developers is working on this issue?
at least sometimes...

You'll need to send an email to support with more information on your computer and connection. Run DxDiag and WinMTR (assuming you're using Windows, I don't know much about other operating systems), and send the results of those to support.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Hello is Blade Flurry may miss hits due to accuracy or Blade Flurry is not looking any stats of accuracy for hitting = no miss = every attack hits. Could you help please about this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info