Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
effovex wrote:
I assume beacon of destruction and the prolif gem work the same way?

Correct.

Using Elemental Proliferation on a non-AoE skill (such as Bear Trap + Avatar of Fire) lets you support the skill with Increased AoE Support. If you use Xoph's Nurture to proliferate the ignite from Bear Trap, this is not the case.

I would expect Beacon of Destruction to work the same way as Xoph's Nurture since neither directly supports an active skill gem but the "character's skills". The quoted answer indicates that this is not the case. What is the reason for this difference?
Last edited by Hassefar60 on May 19, 2017, 4:17:33 AM
For a channeling skill, does the damage calculated at the initial channeling or at the end of channeling ?
For example, With Shaman's Dominion : 100% Increased Global Critical Strike Chance If you've summoned a Totem recently. If I cast Flameblast Totem, did the IGCSC included in the damage calculation at the final blast ?
"
raics wrote:
"
MoldyDwarf wrote:
1. Suppose I get 300% increased area (pretend it's possible), this would translate to sqrt(1+3)-1
= 100% increased radius. Molten Strike does (or at least used to) cover a 270 degree arc starting at radius 5 and ending at radius 20 from the base of the melee hit. With 100% increased radius, does it make that range be 5 and 40, 10 and 20, 10 and 40, or 2.5 and 40? My best guess is 10 and 40, since that's what happens with physical objects that increase in size when they're heated.

1. It's 10 and 40, all radius values go up.

So it turns out that the inner radius doesn't actually change, according to Mark in 2014:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
Is the max distance of the Molten Strike projectiles so low that it always triggers the 50% more dmg from point blank? Is there any way to know what the max distance of MS projectiles is?
The projectiles travel a random distance between 5 units and 20 units, with the latter distance being affected by AoE increases (the minimum distances is always 5). Point Blank gives a 50% damage bonus only until range 10, which would thus cover only a third of the projectiles with no AoE increase.

I recorded some videos where I used molten strike + multistrike + faster attacks + lmp + gmp. I tried with two configurations: conc eff gem (30% less AoE) and with incr aoe gem + 2x wildfire (99% incr aoe). As best I could tell, the inner radius didn't seem to change.

Assuming that AoE increase actually increase the actual AoE, this would mean that I think this is how to calculate the outer radius based on the mult=(1+%incr)*(1-%less):

pi * r^2 - pi * 5^2 = mult * (pi * 20^2 - pi * 5^2)

r^2 = mult * (20^2 - 5^2) + 5^2

r = sqrt(mult * (20^2 - 5^2) + 5^2)
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but in 2.0, the way casting Animate Weapon worked changed. (I asked about it then, but never got an answer.) Before 2.0, you could hold down the cast button on empty space and then mouse over each weapon in turn; afterwards, you have to start on a weapon, which made it far less convenient to self-cast when you're in a hurry. Why did this change? Was it a restriction of the new engine? And...is there any chance of it getting changed back ever?
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Penetration Vinktar not dropping in relic chest for what reason is this version not appearing? bug? oversight? intended? http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vessel_of_Vinktar_(Lightning_Penetration)
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
guess it's too good that players are god for 10 seconds.
hi wanted ask if the taming + emberwake rings combo works with flame totems?
Have a new Question on 3.0 DOT (poison . bleed . ignite) change

before change

DOT base on X% direct hit

so when blocked both deal no damage

but on 3.0

DOT not base on direct hit and have a base damage

so what happen when on block ?

will DOT still deal damage ?
Last edited by fanity on May 22, 2017, 3:23:16 AM
Ok, important question for a build I'm planning...
Can the damage from eye of innocence be blocked?
Can the damage from eye of innocence trigger vengeance?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Ok, important question for a build I'm planning...
Can the damage from eye of innocence be blocked?
Can the damage from eye of innocence trigger vengeance?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Eye_of_Innocence

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info