Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Basically I was just wondering if herald of Ice will still shatter them upon being killed with the explosion from the obliteration wand. Assuming they are frozen upon death.

Yeah, if they were frozen, they will shatter.

"
raintheafter wrote:
i don't know this shock nova's Ring is what mean
its red enemies on the ring
or orange enemies on the ring?

It's the red dots, it would probably be more accurate to say 'enemies touched by the ring' than 'enemies in the ring'.

"
GetOverHere wrote:
So, my question is: The prefix "#% increased Evasion / #% increased Stun Recovery" count as one prefix or two?

It counts as one prefix, though on the item it will stack with '#% increased Evasion' if any, so in that case you will have two.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
GetOverHere wrote:
So, my question is: The prefix "#% increased Evasion / #% increased Stun Recovery" count as one prefix or two?

"
raics wrote:
It counts as one prefix, though on the item it will stack with '#% increased Evasion' if any, so in that case you will have two.

Thank you for the answer, but I still dont get it. English is not my main language.

If a evasion boot have:

% increased Evasion Rating
% increased Movement Speed
% increased Stun and Block Recovery

It will have how many prefixes? Three? Or the "% increased Evasion Rating / % increased Stun and Block Recovery" count as one?

And if they count as two, do you know why the poeafix site list them in that way? I mean, in the same line with a bar separate them?
Last edited by GetOverHere on Jan 29, 2017, 10:09:06 AM
"
GetOverHere wrote:
Thank you for the answer, but I still dont get it. English is not my main language.

If a evasion boot have:

It will have how many prefixes? Three? Or the "% increased Evasion Rating / % increased Stun and Block Recovery" count as one?

And if they count as two, do you know why the poeafix site list them in that way? I mean, in the same line with a bar separate them?

It's two mods in your example, move speed and eva/stun hybrid mod, poeaffix lists it that way so it would be clear it's a single mod.

Hi im wandering how does the retch belt work with endless hunger, according to the wiki over leech is still applied as damage i think (clarification needed on that point) but in order to continuously apply the retch damage do i still have to take at least 1 damage during the over leech? also how does it work with the overkill leach? how can it apply damage to the enemy you leech from when they are dead as its over kill leech.? some solid explanation would be appreciated cheers.
what does vaal breach actually do?

whats the point of actually having a baal breach they dont drop items nor give exp so whats the entire point of having it then?
Leech, flask charges, end/pow/fre charges.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
raics wrote:
"
GetOverHere wrote:

If a evasion boot have:

It's two mods in your example, move speed and eva/stun hybrid mod, poeaffix lists it that way so it would be clear it's a single mod.

It's not so simple to answer, I think sometimes u just can't say how many prefixes is there. In your example it could be 2 prefixes (move speed and eva/stun hybrid mod) or 3 prefixes (move speed, eva/stun hybrid and % evasion mode mod). And the worst thing, in addition % increased Stun and Block Recovery could be also a suffix, so there is a possibility that there are 2 prefixes (move speed and % evasion mod) and suffix (% increased Stun). So it's pretty complicated.

Maybe someone knows how to determine it with every numebers given?

I know only that sometimes you can say some things for sure. For exaplme, if %eva is greater than 56%, then we can say for sure that we have prefix pure %eva (max %eva for hybrid eva/stun is 56%). When %eva is greater than 132% we can say for sure that we have both %eva and eva/stun there (max %eva prefix is 132%). Sometimes it is possible to determine some things relying on ranges for prefixes (click on prefix on poeaffix.net to find out which values could prefix have).
"
Sztefen1 wrote:
It's not so simple to answer, I think sometimes u just can't say how many prefixes is there. In your example it could be 2 prefixes (move speed and eva/stun hybrid mod) or 3 prefixes (move speed, eva/stun hybrid and % evasion mode mod). And the worst thing, in addition % increased Stun and Block Recovery could be also a suffix, so there is a possibility that there are 2 prefixes (move speed and % evasion mod) and suffix (% increased Stun). So it's pretty complicated.

Maybe someone knows how to determine it with every numebers given?

Yeah, it isn't simple, I don't think he was asking about mod stacking so I wasn't going into that.

Sometimes we have no way of knowing for sure which prefixes are there, right.

I've run into a question that I don't have the answer to.

It's common knowledge that modifiers to rarity and quantity are inherited by your minions, hence why summoner MF characters were very common.

I'm not sure if that extends to conditional modifiers like the two on windripper.

If conditional mods do apply to minions, how would this case interact with mirror and blink arrow minions? Could I get them to apply twice? Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Theshadedone
"
theshadedone wrote:
I've run into a question that I don't have the answer to.

It's common knowledge that modifiers to rarity and quantity are inherited by your minions, hence why summoner MF characters were very common.

I'm not sure if that extends to conditional modifiers like the two on windripper.

If conditional mods do apply to minions, how would this case interact with mirror and blink arrow minions? Could I get them to apply twice? Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Theshadedone

in my opinion yes because minions have their own IIR/IIQ and whatever the player has gets added to whatever the minion has and because minions have their own IIQ/IIR
windripper should apply twice now time to see if it can be made a viable lake farmer

my question now: if i freeze kill with traps and i have tullborn/tullfall do i still get the power charge on killing a frozen enemy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info