Mechanical Questions Thread

Question about The Writhing Jar.
I know people have said that the worms will give flask charges if they are cursed with Poacher's Mark. Is this still true?
Hi,

the support told me to use this Thread here and I´m still not sure if it´s a bug or a feature...

I encountered an issue with crafting a ring. I used Elreons multiple crafting Mod and after that I crafted % Energie Shield and maximum mana on it. This costs me 3 Exalted Orbs.
After that I used a Divine Orb on it and it cost me again 3 Exalted Orbs. I really didn´t expect that. Is this a normal behavior?

Because last season it doesn´t cost any more exalted orbs. A few friends also used blessed orbs without pay again the exalted ones.

Thanks and best regards
Ephrial
Duelist Impact node in the slayer tree question :

Melee splash give your skill the AoE tag, does impact work the sameway ? can i spec into it then use Concentrated effect ? if not, could its become a thing ?
I have a question about some game mechanics that i cannot find documentation anywhere on (probably on purpose not documented but i must know)

Is there any way spectral spirits scale? Like how whispering ice scales with more intel? (Spectral spirits is the affix you get when you use essence of insanity on a weapon) Or is it like a SRS spirit but just permanent?
"
Completed 29 ChallengesAduine wrote:
Duelist Impact node in the slayer tree question :

Melee splash give your skill the AoE tag, does impact work the sameway ? can i spec into it then use Concentrated effect ? if not, could its become a thing ?
as far as I know you can, but only the aoe portion would be affected, not the initial hit

Like lightning strikes projectiles is affected by pierce. But the damage multiplier doesnt apply to the initial hit

Ice shot as well, can be supported by conc effect but the damage only applies to the cone of the hit, not the main target

Last edited by KiKurASiruSaSH on Jan 26, 2017 4:55:28 AM
Hi! i have a question regarding Molten Strike Used with starforge. since starforge has the stat "Deal No Elemental Damage" will the projectiles from Molten Strike only do 40% of the damage or will just not convert any elemental damage and do 100% phys?
"

Nope, and unlikely.
The skill needs to be inherently supportable by Inc Radius for it to work with Impact. Infernal Blow, for example, would work. Heavy Strike would not be supported by Inc Radius.

"
Hi! i have a question regarding Molten Strike Used with starforge. since starforge has the stat "Deal No Elemental Damage" will the projectiles from Molten Strike only do 40% of the damage or will just not convert any elemental damage and do 100% phys?

Molten Strike converts 60% of your Phyiscal damage to Fire damage. This doesn't magically disappear.
"
Completed 20 ChallengesVipermagi wrote:
"

Nope, and unlikely.
The skill needs to be inherently supportable by Inc Radius for it to work with Impact. Infernal Blow, for example, would work. Heavy Strike would not be supported by Inc Radius.

"

Molten Strike converts 60% of your Phyiscal damage to Fire damage. This doesn't magically disappear.
(400-500)% increased Physical Damage
(5-8)% increased Attack Speed
+(90-100) to maximum Life
20% increased Area of Effect for Attacks
Deal no Elemental Damage
Your Physical Damage can Shock, those are the stats on the sword, if it says deal no elemental damage, how does it then convert the phys to elemental? forgive me if i'm getting this wrong but if i cant deal elemental damage will the projectiles still deal 100% but as physical instead of having 60% of it being converted to fire?.
Last edited by MrChico2467 on Jan 26, 2017 1:22:02 PM
I know the sword, yes..
I already answered your question. The Conversion doesn't just disappear -> the Conversion still happens -> you still don't deal Elemental Damage though.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 26, 2017 1:24:55 PM
From a practical standpoint, in a vacuum with just Starforge and flat physical in other gear, you can think of Molten Strike as having a "60% less damage with Hits" modifier.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues, or the shiny new techsupport@grindinggear.com for technical support! Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info