Mechanical Questions Thread

REL4US

cracker0
Last edited by cracker0 on Jan 14, 2017, 7:29:51 AM
Hi, I want to ask about Slivertongue. (I am aware similar question has been asked but I couldn't find answer to this question).
Spoiler

As we can see there is note 'Arrows always Pierce after Chaining'. I wonder if Drillneck will increase damage of chaining arrows by 100% since they will always pierce.

But there is a Trypanon which has stated that All attack with Trypanon are Critical Strikes. Thus Crit chance when using trypanon is not equal 100%. Just like with Resolte Techniques accuracy is not extreme high number. Instead, when dmg is calculated the accuracy/evasion step is skipped or has fixed value - if I undestand this correctly.

So, here is my question - does 'Arrows always Pierce after Chaining' means that pierce chance is equal to 100% and damage of chaining arrow is increased by Drillnecks' Projectile Damage increased by Arrow Pierce Chance or is it like in Trypanon case?

@EmperorIzaro
Thanks for your answer, I am aware that this bonus damage will be added after chaining. And mostly that's what matters the most when using Slivertongue.
I was just confused becouse I never played ranged character before and becouse of Trypanon. Wording is mindfucking sometimes.
I hope what you are saying is right :) Thanks again!

@raics
Thanks for help that should explain a lot. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of such changes in wording ;)
Last edited by Krnik on Jan 14, 2017, 12:52:32 PM
Hi, I've got a question regarding Riposte.

"Uses both weapons while dual wielding."

Does this mean that two separate damage instances are applied on the counterattack, or is the damage from both both weapons somehow "pooled" into one attack instance, because it certainly looks like that on the actual animation. I ask since I'd like to know how Riposte works with Herald of Ash - will it apply one strong ignite from one damage source on overkill damage, or two weaker ignite instances on top of each other? (which do not stack).

Thanks.
"
Krnik wrote:
Hi, I want to ask about Slivertongue. (I am aware similar question has been asked but I couldn't find answer to this question).
Spoiler

As we can see there is note 'Arrows always Pierce after Chaining'. I wonder if Drillneck will increase damage of chaining arrows by 100% since they will always pierce.

But there is a Trypanon which has stated that All attack with Trypanon are Critical Strikes. Thus Crit chance when using trypanon is not equal 100%. Just like with Resolte Techniques accuracy is not extreme high number. Instead, when dmg is calculated the accuracy/evasion step is skipped or has fixed value - if I undestand this correctly.

So, here is my question - does 'Arrows always Pierce after Chaining' means that pierce chance is equal to 100% and damage of chaining arrow is increased by Drillnecks' Projectile Damage increased by Arrow Pierce Chance or is it like in Trypanon case?

AFAIK:

Since the wording is the same as on Infractem, and infractem does work with drillneck, Slivertongue should also work with drillneck HOWEVER the mod only applies AFTER a projectile has chained, meaning that the initial non-piercing hit will probably not receive the damage increase (unless it already had chance to pierce from other sources).

"
Molyporph wrote:
Hi, I've got a question regarding Riposte.

"Uses both weapons while dual wielding."

Does this mean that two separate damage instances are applied on the counterattack, or is the damage from both both weapons somehow "pooled" into one attack instance, because it certainly looks like that on the actual animation. I ask since I'd like to know how Riposte works with Herald of Ash - will it apply one strong ignite from one damage source on overkill damage, or two weaker ignite instances on top of each other? (which do not stack).

Thanks.

You can easily test this by using life gain on hit with it. If it hits once (and to my knowledge, it certainly does) then that means all the damage is dealt in a single hit. So yeah, it should apply one powerful ignite when overkilling, not two weaker ignite instances. (I don't think HoA can do that to begin with, as I don't think it's possible to kill an enemy by two hits simultaneously)
"
Krnik wrote:

It wasn't always the case, but those mods got more uniform some time ago so 'always pierces' is the same as 100% pierce now.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
So, Glacial hammer have additional effects such as "25% chance to Freeze enemies",
"35% increased Chill Duration on enemies".
Also there is Shattered Chains wich gives "20% increased Rarity of Items dropped by Enemies Shattered by Glacial Hammer"
Will those effects transfer to AOE damage from melee splash support gem, or it provides only damage?
So.. I was reading about penetrating damage in this game and how to bring guardians as close as possible to low or - res. But upon my quest to find the information needed about their resistances i hit a wall. There is no information at all. How am I supposed to know if its worth for me doing 2 curses ( elemental weakness + flammability) if I dont know if they have stacked resistances? Since bosses have +30 elemental res(?) and merciless difficulty adds an extra 40%(?) I will never be able to bring them down low enough with dual curse to be able to see if anything has changed since they have -60% curse effectiveness.

I would love some information regarding this becauase guardians are the only struggle i encounter and I would love to know if respeccing into inquisitor is the best option
"
SoNotFunny wrote:
So, Glacial hammer [..]
Will those effects transfer to AOE damage from melee splash support gem, or it provides only damage?

Of course it applies to Splashed damage. It's the same attack.

"
blubaer wrote:
Since bosses have +30 elemental res(?) and merciless difficulty adds an extra 40%(?)[..]

Merc doesn't just add Allres to all monsters :/
Guardians have 40% Elemental Resists, half that for Chaos, according to datamined info.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 15, 2017, 10:38:06 AM

Hi. I would like some help.

Anyone knows why I cant craft life or anything else, in this body armour? And why I cant craft intelligence in this ring?

Thankful for the help! And sorry for my bad english.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info