Mechanical Questions Thread

Question: Can I roll Paragon's (+1 all skill) on any ilvl 50+ bow using an essence that gives +2 to xxx skill gems (for example: shrieking essence of sorrow)? If so is there a way to estimate the chance of that happening?

Background: Tried rolling a lot (60+) on ilvl50 bows with shrieking essences of sorrow hoping to get +2 cold/+1 all, never happened. Not sure if it is impossible (although i really see no reason why it would be) or i am just unlucky or it is actually a very low-probability thing (would surprise me though, i thought all suffixes/affixes have the same frequency and I pretty much rolled every other mod by now on the bow multiple times).

Thanks for any answers!
hi if 2 guardian in the same party then the Prayer of Glory effect is stack or not?
How about a very, very basic question from a non (or at best casual) gamer? Simple question that seemingly is unanswerable by reams and reams of posts, threads, etc.....

So...new to PoE and wanting to assign skills to different keys on the keyboard. Tried searching probably 20 different phrases for doing this (assign hotkeys, bind keys, map keyboard, etc, etc) all returned zero useful information.

To continue.... are you limited to just the standard 3 mouse button skills plus Q through T on the keyboard? Even if I can reassign them to different keys, (which I cannot find any info on how to actually do this) can I expand the number of skills mapped to the keyboard beyond just 5, or is that a limitation to the game?

Basically, I'd like to assign each socketed skill gem to a specific keyboard shortcut/key instead of only having access to whichever 5 I choose to currently assign to Q-T. As it is currently it feels like I'm missing a good part of the game, or point of the game, by having all these skill gems socketed, but only ever getting to use a few of them.

Also, if you could point me to a better place to ask or find answers to really, really beginner questions that would be great. As far as I can tell such a place doesn't exist and 99.9% of the questions I see posted here are miles beyond stuff that I'll ever use.

Thanks for your help.
So I'm very confused by which unique effects from gear apply to your totems. I was wondering if the "Cover enemies in ash when they hit you" from Xoph's Heart and Xoph's Blood would apply to your totems. I would assume not, because a totem isn't you, but the "Take 100 fire damage when you ignite an enemy" from Eye of Innocence does deem to apply to totems, so I'm not sure. Additionally, the reflect damage from Hiltless does nothing on an ancestral warchief totem, nor does the blessing of the goddess buff from the Goddess Unleashed.

I guess the mod from Eye of Innocence doesn't specifically say "YOU take...", so it works, but the Goddess Unleashed doesn't say "YOU gain..." and it doesn't work with totems, so not too sure what the rule is here.

If someone could provide a set of rules for what effects can or cannot affect your totems I would greatly appreciate it!
Last edited by nsheorey on Jan 11, 2017 3:40:03 PM
I have one question, Detonate Dead count as player hit or not? I confuse about secondary damage :(
Anyone have any build fully use the Atziri's disfavor? The only I can find is the EQ slayer for duelist but I don't want to play another EQ/ duelist right now.
Any help/ input is welcomed.
Thanks in advanced.
can have Energy Shield gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks modifier.

does not work Volley Fire Barrage

not displayed

not working mechanics

85cdec18fe6bt


20c423a79f67t
If I reduce maximum amount of Power/Frenzy/Endurance charges to 0, by using enough Powerlessness/Pacifism/Fragility jewels, will it cause effects "on maximum Power/Frenzy/Endurance charges" to be triggered constantly?
>To continue.... are you limited to just the standard 3 mouse button skills plus Q through T on the keyboard?
Yes

>Even if I can reassign them to different keys, (which I cannot find any info on how to actually do this)
look in options -> keybindings (or w/e it is called, no PoE at hand atm), there are "skill 1"-"skill5" binds which are Q-T by default

>can I expand the number of skills mapped to the keyboard beyond just 5, or is that a limitation to the game?
nope, this game's UI suck (although, tbh, if you aren't playing summoner or heavy curser you probably don't need that many skills)

>Also, if you could point me to a better place to ask or find answers to really, really beginner questions that would be great. As far as I can tell such a place doesn't exist and 99.9% of the questions I see posted here are miles beyond stuff that I'll ever use.
try global channels (not 1 or 2 though), or better join some noob-friendly guild
or create a separate topic in this subforum


"
Completed 12 ChallengesKruskader wrote:
If I reduce maximum amount of Power/Frenzy/Endurance charges to 0, by using enough Powerlessness/Pacifism/Fragility jewels, will it cause effects "on maximum Power/Frenzy/Endurance charges" to be triggered constantly?
You will be at max all the time, and that's the catch - if you are at max all the time, you never trigger it.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Completed 24 Challengessilumit wrote:
"
Completed 12 ChallengesKruskader wrote:
If I reduce maximum amount of Power/Frenzy/Endurance charges to 0, by using enough Powerlessness/Pacifism/Fragility jewels, will it cause effects "on maximum Power/Frenzy/Endurance charges" to be triggered constantly?
You will be at max all the time, and that's the catch - if you are at max all the time, you never trigger it.

You will never trigger "when reaching Max charges" (unless you un/resocket the Jewel, maybe?), but you will permanently trigger "while at Max Charges".

"
ameen321 wrote:
I have one question, Detonate Dead count as player hit or not? I confuse about secondary damage :(

Yes.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 13, 2017 2:07:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info