Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Jarosover wrote:
I had a question regarding my Forsaken Masters, in my hideout, loot tables/currency when you ask to purchase from them.

How often does the currency reset, to where it shows up again, and I can buy more? (ie. alterations from Haku) My masters have not offered to sell me new currency in some time.

Upon reaching lvl 8 with any one Forsaken Master, is it a random chance for their loot table to change for a unique to be offered to be sold? If so, how often does this table rotate?

Thanks for clearing up these questions, and possibly fix any bugs that I might be experiencing.

The Forsaken Masters re-roll their sales stock every time you finish attempting (complete, fail, or abandon) their Daily Missions.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Here i have a question regarding Righteous Flame, degen, and DoTs. I have read wiki but it still confusing me as i ask on in-game chat some people said its Degen, so it wont affected by DoT modifier. Some say its DoT because it can be affected by Vulnerability. To Make sure ill ask here.

1. Are RF DoT or Degen? Or Both?
2. If Rf a DoT, then can it be affected by Leo Shield "reduce DoT damage"?
3. Regarding DoT, in wiki said that we can not stack same DoT effect (i.e fire dot+fire dot). so if if i stack RF and Scorching Ray, will it stack?

Thx for anyone who willing to answer my question :)
Last edited by arclordz on Jan 10, 2017, 9:14:26 PM
1) there's no such thing as "degen" in PoE, there is only DoT. So RF is DoT.
2) yes
3) if you were referring to this
"
For example, if two players each apply the ignite status ailment to the same target, only the higher damage per second of the two ignites will affect the target, at least until the higher fades and leaves the second ignite to become the new highest. In this context, two damage over time effects are to be considered the same only if they have the same name; a target may be affected by multiple effects that deal burning damage (such as Righteous Fire, ignite and burning ground).
then in the end there's even an example of different burns stacking, so the answer is yes, both RF and SR will both deal damage.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Jan 11, 2017, 3:20:31 AM
"
silumit wrote:
1) there's no such thing as "degen" in PoE, there is only DoT. So RF is DoT.
2) yes
3) if you were referring to this
"
For example, if two players each apply the ignite status ailment to the same target, only the higher damage per second of the two ignites will affect the target, at least until the higher fades and leaves the second ignite to become the new highest. In this context, two damage over time effects are to be considered the same only if they have the same name; a target may be affected by multiple effects that deal burning damage (such as Righteous Fire, ignite and burning ground).
then in the end there's even an example of different burns stacking, so the answer is yes, both RF and SR will both deal damage.

Ahh i see, so it can be affected by +Dot Damage then...that make my build easier then. thx :)
A couple questions:

What's the radius on Augury of Penitence? Is it effected by increased area of effect? Does aura effect/curse effect scale it?

After what distance does Ice Spear turn into its second form? Does projectile speed change it?

How does ball lightning mechanically work? It shoots a projectile that does no damage by itself,which shoots out arcs. What 'entity' does it consider when considering modifiers that the player has - the ball or the arcs it shoots? I'm inclined to think it's the ball and not the arcs,as it is effected by projectile speed and area of effect,and also can't be linked with chain (as the ball's pierce takes precedence). But if so,why does projectile damage effect it? Is this correct?
If I'm a deadeye with Ricochet, will the arcs chain, or is it considered that the ball fired the arcs
and not me and thus won't chain?

For Occultist's Malediction: Do I gain a buff for each curse on every enemy I killed in the last 4 seconds? That is,if I have 3 blasphemy curses,and killed 20 enemies in total in the last 4 seconds,do I gain 20*3*4 = 240% of non-chaos damage as chaos damage? (And would Vile Bastion give me 10% of your energy shield is recharged per second?)

Raise zombie on the wiki page states "Monster has 33% more Attack Speed, 33% more Cast Speed and 33% less Damage (Hidden)". Is this correct? What does this mean for %/flat damage addition, is it more effective or less effective than on a normal character?
As raise zombie is a spell,does the zombie have a concept of damage effectiveness?
Do mage skeletons/spellcasting specters have a concept of damage effectiveness?
Question: Can I roll Paragon's (+1 all skill) on any ilvl 50+ bow using an essence that gives +2 to xxx skill gems (for example: shrieking essence of sorrow)? If so is there a way to estimate the chance of that happening?

Background: Tried rolling a lot (60+) on ilvl50 bows with shrieking essences of sorrow hoping to get +2 cold/+1 all, never happened. Not sure if it is impossible (although i really see no reason why it would be) or i am just unlucky or it is actually a very low-probability thing (would surprise me though, i thought all suffixes/affixes have the same frequency and I pretty much rolled every other mod by now on the bow multiple times).

Thanks for any answers!
hi if 2 guardian in the same party then the Prayer of Glory effect is stack or not?
How about a very, very basic question from a non (or at best casual) gamer? Simple question that seemingly is unanswerable by reams and reams of posts, threads, etc.....

So...new to PoE and wanting to assign skills to different keys on the keyboard. Tried searching probably 20 different phrases for doing this (assign hotkeys, bind keys, map keyboard, etc, etc) all returned zero useful information.

To continue.... are you limited to just the standard 3 mouse button skills plus Q through T on the keyboard? Even if I can reassign them to different keys, (which I cannot find any info on how to actually do this) can I expand the number of skills mapped to the keyboard beyond just 5, or is that a limitation to the game?

Basically, I'd like to assign each socketed skill gem to a specific keyboard shortcut/key instead of only having access to whichever 5 I choose to currently assign to Q-T. As it is currently it feels like I'm missing a good part of the game, or point of the game, by having all these skill gems socketed, but only ever getting to use a few of them.

Also, if you could point me to a better place to ask or find answers to really, really beginner questions that would be great. As far as I can tell such a place doesn't exist and 99.9% of the questions I see posted here are miles beyond stuff that I'll ever use.

Thanks for your help.
So I'm very confused by which unique effects from gear apply to your totems. I was wondering if the "Cover enemies in ash when they hit you" from Xoph's Heart and Xoph's Blood would apply to your totems. I would assume not, because a totem isn't you, but the "Take 100 fire damage when you ignite an enemy" from Eye of Innocence does deem to apply to totems, so I'm not sure. Additionally, the reflect damage from Hiltless does nothing on an ancestral warchief totem, nor does the blessing of the goddess buff from the Goddess Unleashed.

I guess the mod from Eye of Innocence doesn't specifically say "YOU take...", so it works, but the Goddess Unleashed doesn't say "YOU gain..." and it doesn't work with totems, so not too sure what the rule is here.

If someone could provide a set of rules for what effects can or cannot affect your totems I would greatly appreciate it!
Last edited by nsheorey on Jan 11, 2017, 3:40:03 PM
I have one question, Detonate Dead count as player hit or not? I confuse about secondary damage :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info