Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Wp_blitzi wrote:
I did some tests with CwDT + Blade vortex. I inflict enough damage myself via Scold's Bridle to trigger CwDT with each cast:

Have you accounted for the fact that Blood Magic does not deal Damage?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Have you accounted for the fact that Blood Magic does not deal Damage?

Yes, all the damage comes from 250 mana cost * 400 % physical dmg within the tests. I tried it few times. Always with same result. Which result would you exspect?
Last edited by Wp_blitzi on Jan 7, 2017, 3:22:56 PM
If HC league ends, all items will go to simple HC?
Hi.

Is there any reason why RF is turned off when you have 1 life point instead of both 1 life point and 0 ES? Is it just a matter of balance or is there any other complication? Because in this case it can't be used with CI or a low-life build that theoretically reserves all but 1 life point.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I have two extremely stupid questions... I'm sorry. Hope someone can help.

1. What is there difference between these two stats if they are on an itme? Would the percentage be increasing the items base ES or does it increase your characters overall ES... or something else?

(ex. +50 energy shield)
(ex. +50% energy shield)

2. What in the world does the sextant do?

Thanks in advance.
At one point Mark said that Scold's would be updated to deal damage every time mana was spent to channel a spell. Is there any update on whether this fix is still being looked into?
question for mark , does Fire nova mine 30% more dmg per repeat work with poison dmg like does it increase that aswell and same question with blade flurrys stage dmg
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
frenzul wrote:
Hi, I have two extremely stupid questions... I'm sorry. Hope someone can help.

1. What is there difference between these two stats if they are on an itme? Would the percentage be increasing the items base ES or does it increase your characters overall ES... or something else?

(ex. +50 energy shield)
(ex. +50% energy shield)

It depends on the item.

The rule the developers gave us is that if a magic modifier can apply to a property that the unmodified (Normal, or white) item has, then it will apply locally. Otherwise, it applies globally.

It goes something like this Local Flats -> Local Percents -> add up to Global Flats -> Global Percents -> Final, net ES

So, if we're talking about something like an armour piece (Shavronne's Wrappings, Heretic's Veil, Hubris Circlet, Conjurer's Vestment, etc.) then it will apply locally. The flat ES adds to the item's base ES, then any x% increased energy shield multiplies that (additive to the quality bonus). This then contributes to global flat ES. The global flat ES is then multiplied by your global energy shield bonuses, generally the "x% increased energy shield" on your passive tree.

On jewelry, you'll generally find these values in smaller amounts. They contribute to global values. So +14 energy shield on a ring contributes to your global flat ES; 24% increased energy shield on an amulet contributes to your global increased ES.

"

2. What in the world does the sextant do?

Modifies Maps that have the base of one within the Atlas-shown radius of the Sextant.

Wiki's list of possible modifications.

For example, if you sextant Desert Map, then it'll roll a mod from that list, and all Desert Maps, Oasis Maps, probably Arid Lake maps, etc., will be affected by that sextant mod.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
My apologies for posting this question as I am sure it has been answered at some point, however I keep finding conflicting answers so I would appreciate a current take.

I was experimenting with a blast rain totem and emberwake/taming combo. Do these two rings work with ignites caused by my totem crits or no?
Last edited by jasonbgnh on Jan 10, 2017, 4:24:17 PM
I had a question regarding my Forsaken Masters, in my hideout, loot tables/currency when you ask to purchase from them.

How often does the currency reset, to where it shows up again, and I can buy more? (ie. alterations from Haku) My masters have not offered to sell me new currency in some time.

Upon reaching lvl 8 with any one Forsaken Master, is it a random chance for their loot table to change for a unique to be offered to be sold? If so, how often does this table rotate?

Thanks for clearing up these questions, and possibly fix any bugs that I might be experiencing.
Last edited by Jarosover on Jan 10, 2017, 7:21:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info