Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
InambaGuum wrote:
I'd like to know which of the following increases the AoE of curses applied by Blasphemy: a) general AoE nodes (like Amplify)
Yes
"
InambaGuum wrote:
aura AoE nodes (like Leadership)
No. Leadership (and other nodes like it) explicitly says it affects "non-Curse Auras". They thus do not affect curse auras.

You seem to be mistaken here. Leadership doesn't say "non-Curse Auras", that descriptor is only used for the effect modifier. The radius modifier just says "30% increased Radius of Aura skills". Supporting a curse with Blasphemy gives that curse the Aura keyword making it an aura skill, no? The effect modifier doesn't work, clearly, but the radius modifier does.
Last edited by Fearmonger on Dec 14, 2016, 3:26:33 AM
Does the new more multiplier on Blade Vortex double dip on secondary effects (Ignite or Poison)?

I am pretty sure this has been asked and probably answered before, but I couldn't find anything on reddit / patchnotes / this very thread.

If it does not, I would like to recommend a change for the wording. ;)

- "more damage per blade" indicates that it's just more global damage for this skill.
- Something like "Blades deal xx% more damage per active blade" would be a little bit more precise it it's not global damage

600% more damage seems way too OP to be working on poison / ignites, so I'm pretty sure it does not work this way, anyway I'd like a confirmation on this as the wording is not 100% precise! ;)
Last edited by Mangokid on Dec 14, 2016, 6:15:55 AM
Hi GGG,

I am playing a self cast Scorching Ray Inquisitor using Orb of Storms to proc Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Overload. Since Orb of Storms only has a 5% crit rate I was hoping to boost the crit chance a bit by using the ascendency passive Righteous Providence which gives a "100% increased Critical Strike Chance against Enemies that are affected by no Elemental Status Ailments" This would double the crit chance of OoS to 10% which would be awesome.

My question is, does the burning damage from Scorching Ray count as a status ailment? I believe the answer is no (at least according to the wiki). And also since Elemental Focus works with scorching ray I assume the burning dmg isnt a status ailment. Can you please confirm or correct my assumption? Thanks!
Has "Bleeding on Hit" ever historically worked with physical spells such as BF or EK?
The wiki page for Bleed says:
"
Only physical damage can inflict bleed. Attacks can inflict bleed from many sources, and hits can only inflict bleed from the weapon modifier Causes Bleeding on Hit.

and Hits:
"
Damage dealt by hits always has one of 3 damage sources: attack, spell or secondary.

which is worded in such a way that I thought meant
>Attacks (many sources); Hits (weapon modifier only)
with the additional qualifier that it had to be physical damage, but not -both- an Attack and a Hit, and that spells were fair game.

I popped a Rive today while mapping but testing in both MH/OH = no bleed on Hit for BF or EK, but worked fine with autoattack. BF is Spell/Aoe and EK is Spell/Proj.

Mortem Morsu's Poisonous Hit mechanic specifically only works with Attacks (wiki/self tested), so I'm confused why there's a difference in how the mechanic is described, or if it's an unintended bug?

e: Thank you. I understood your post, but I don't understand why it'd be worded the way it is, given that conclusion then. I guess it's just one of those "because" things.
Last edited by hqDM on Dec 14, 2016, 1:03:00 PM
"
hqDM wrote:
Has "Bleeding on Hit" ever historically worked with physical spells such as BF or EK?

All Bleeding modifiers apply to Attacks only - Bladefall and Ethereal Knives are Spells, not Attacks. Attacks always inflict Hits.

Because Bleeding is inherently an Attack-only modifier, all Bleed mods should be local inherently.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 14, 2016, 12:08:32 PM
Does the Lioneye's Fall jewel convert Serpent Stance and Smashing Strikes into Global Crit Chance while wielding Bows or does it interact otherwise? It's important to me since i'm theory-crafting a Crit Explosive Arrow build as an Inquisitor (Possibly the first time i'll actually make something that i theory-crafted Xd)
Last edited by HighMidget on Dec 14, 2016, 1:27:31 PM
Just gonna copy straight from my reddit post (but will leave out the TL;DR), where someone told me to go to this thread:

Question concerning "Violent Retaliation":

Basically, I'd like to know whether "8% increased Physical Damage for each Hit you've Blocked Recently - 4% increased Movement Speed for each Hit you've Blocked Recently" is:
a) a stackable buff that is granted "on block" and has a 4s duration per stack or
b) a (stackable) buff that has a number of stacks that is always equivalent to the number of hits the character has blocked within the past 4 seconds. (Which seems to fit the wording a bit better IMO)

The reason I'm asking which of these two is the case is because of reflect damage: It can be blocked, but doing so does not trigger "on block" effects (according to the wiki anyways) - but it should still affect Violent retaliation if it works based on "b".

PS/EDIT:

I did conduct some tests concerning this matter. The results heavily suggest that "a" is the case - which however, as mentioned above, seems contradictory to the wording.

I'm not too sure if the tests were in-depth enough, as my computer keeps crashing a few minutes into the game as of recently - but that's another issue.
Last edited by EmperorIzaro on Dec 15, 2016, 7:01:11 AM
Does Raider's Way of the Poacher ascendancy node work with spells? Does Incinerate hit?
Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704
"
ta3boo wrote:
Does Raider's Way of the Poacher ascendancy node work with spells? Does Incinerate hit?

Yes

(of course, the 10% attack speed is wasted, but I'm sure you're already aware :)

(There may also be some restrictions; I know Power Charge on Critical only allows one power charge per skill use, for example, so that passive probably works the same, one frenzy charge per skill use.... hm..... maybe I should have waited for someone more sure to answer :(
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Mangokid wrote:
Does the new more multiplier on Blade Vortex double dip on secondary effects (Ignite or Poison)?

I am pretty sure this has been asked and probably answered before, but I couldn't find anything on reddit / patchnotes / this very thread.

If it does not, I would like to recommend a change for the wording. ;)

- "more damage per blade" indicates that it's just more global damage for this skill.
- Something like "Blades deal xx% more damage per active blade" would be a little bit more precise it it's not global damage

600% more damage seems way too OP to be working on poison / ignites, so I'm pretty sure it does not work this way, anyway I'd like a confirmation on this as the wording is not 100% precise! ;)

To answer my own question:
It seems to work this way ... the ignites with my elementalist with an totally unoptimised build (Flameblaster - just equipped a 6-Link with BV in it and a Signal Fire) are obscene.

Maybe anyone has some more insights?
It should work the same way with poison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info