Mechanical Questions Thread

Placing a Totem does not fall under the category 'Spell'. The Spell tag is there because the Totem uses a Spell.
Detonate Dead is a Spell in every sense of the word, unlike a Totem. Note that damage type has very little bearing on the Spell/not-Spell distinction.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 12, 2016, 10:37:46 PM
I took the Powerful Precision ascendancy node for Shrapnel Shot skill which is 100% chance to pierce. Why are the spells not getting triggered on hit? Should I have 100% chance to crit since Powerful Precision crit chance depends on the arrow pierce chance?
"
I took the Powerful Precision ascendancy node for Shrapnel Shot skill which is 100% chance to pierce. Why are the spells not getting triggered on hit? Should I have 100% chance to crit since Powerful Precision crit chance depends on the arrow pierce chance?

Increased critical strike chance is not additional critical strike chance.

If your weapon's critical strike chance is 8% then 100% increased critical strike chance would raise it from 8% to 16%.

The maximum critical strike chance is 95%, and accuracy is checked twice against enemy evasion on critical attacks.
"

you may want to unhide your characters (go to your profile and click Privacy Settings on the right, then uncheck all the Hide stuff)

most likely you are misunderstanding the Cast on Critical Strike gem. It requires at least 3 gems to be linked to each other: CrittingAttack-CoCSS-TriggeredSpell. You will then cast the Spell whenever you crit with the CrittingAttack.

also possibly answering your question: 100% increased critical strike chance is not the same as +100% critical strike chance. In this game "increased" is always a multiplier to base value, and in this case the base value is mostly based on your Weapon for Bow skills:

if you look at the weapon's stats it says Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%

so a modifier that says "100% increased critical strike chance" will probably grant +6.00% to your critical strike chance stat

(flat modifiers like the +1 to +1.9% chance granted by Increased Critical Strikes Support add to that weapon crit, so if you used Voltaxic Rift and had a level 20 ICSS, "100% increased critical strike chance" would grant +7.9% to your critical strike chance stat)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"

you may want to unhide your characters (go to your profile and click Privacy Settings on the right, then uncheck all the Hide stuff)

most likely you are misunderstanding the Cast on Critical Strike gem. It requires at least 3 gems to be linked to each other: CrittingAttack-CoCSS-TriggeredSpell. You will then cast the Spell whenever you crit with the CrittingAttack.

also possibly answering your question: 100% increased critical strike chance is not the same as +100% critical strike chance. In this game "increased" is always a multiplier to base value, and in this case the base value is mostly based on your Weapon for Bow skills:

so a modifier that says "100% increased critical strike chance" will probably grant +6.00% to your critical strike chance stat

(flat modifiers like the +1 to +1.9% chance granted by Increased Critical Strikes Support add to that weapon crit, so if you used Voltaxic Rift and had a level 20 ICSS, "100% increased critical strike chance" would grant +7.9% to your critical strike chance stat)

Thanks for the response.
What I meant was that the Powerful Precision says that crit chance depends on the arrow piercing chance. Since the Shrapnel Shot is a 100% chance to pierce, shouldn't the crit chance be the same (100%)?
Last edited by Grandmasteralok on Dec 13, 2016, 12:16:06 AM
"
"
adghar wrote:
"

Thanks for the response.
What I meant was that the Powerful Precision says that crit chance depends on the arrow piercing chance. Since the Shrapnel Shot is a 100% chance to pierce, shouldn't the crit chance be the same (100%)?

Powerful Precision does not say crit chance depends on the arrow piercing. Powerful Precision says "Projectile Critical Strike Chance increased by Arrow Pierce Chance"
That means 100% Arrow Pierce Chance increases the critical strike chance by 100%. 100% increased critical strike chance is not 100% critical strike chance unless you have 50% BASE crit (at which point critical strike chance caps and becomes 95%)
When to vaal gems reset/go on cool down? I'm pretty sure what I'm seeing may not be working as intended. Right now I'm running a vaal fireball and 2x vaal skeletons. They seem to reset at some inconvenient times.
Once they are charged you can make them go on reset/cool down/recharge (whatever them being depleted is called) by firing them off but there are other time they reset without being activated.
I have also seen them sometimes reset on zoning.
I have seen them sometime reset when opening strong boxes.
I think that I have had a few times when they reset when I opened a breach.

It is weird and since it is not predictable, I suspect this behavior is not intended.
Vaal Skills always start at 0 Souls upon entering a new instance.
Vaal Skills that are interrupted will lose their charge without being activated. This is working as intended.
REally hoping Mark can weigh in on this.

As per this thread ---> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1791544

We have discovered that if an item is 5link and 5 sockets, you can 6 socket it via Vorici workbench without breaking the 5 links. Is this INTENDED or will it be fixed?

Please be intended. :(
Last edited by RinsBiggestFan on Dec 13, 2016, 2:49:15 AM
If I don't complete the whole atlas, but stay at say 80/126, just wanting specific maps to drop, do maps drop less often overall? (Not counting the atlas bonus). Basically, is there a downside to forcing certain maps to drop?

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info