PC servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
PC servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

Mechanical Questions Thread

Call of the Brotherhood + Choir of the Storm problem.

choir will increase 50% lightning dmg when crit.
call will conver 50% lightning into cold.

we know in normal case we increase the dmg before conver.
but in this case we require a crit.
i wonder which one will apply first...?
"
y0214392 wrote:

It's not really a matter of order of operations. Converted damage allows bonuses to any type that it has ever been to apply. So any Lightning -> Cold Damage will benefit from both cold and lightning bonuses regardless of source (such as conditional modifiers like Choir's). You may have heard an imprecise explanation of Conversion in the past.

Mark_GGG is unlikely to answer this question, since the answer is already known from his previous answers about conversion mechanics.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
y0214392 wrote:

It's not really a matter of order of operations. Converted damage allows bonuses to any type that it has ever been to apply. So any Lightning -> Cold Damage will benefit from both cold and lightning bonuses regardless of source (such as conditional modifiers like Choir's). You may have heard an imprecise explanation of Conversion in the past.

Mark_GGG is unlikely to answer this question, since the answer is already known from his previous answers about conversion mechanics.

AHH . TY kind sir. i thought the crit part will changed it
Hi, I have a question about new unique

Unavailable

I would like to know how interact with Iron Reflexes

I do less damage with that node, but dont undrestand why, can u help me to understand pls?

Without Iron Reflexes

With Iron Reflexes

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
with Iron Reflexes, your Evasion Rating is 0. 0 is "the Lowest of Armour and Evasion Rating"
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Could someone be so kind as to tell me the range of Magma Orb's bounces, as well as the radius of the explosions.

Or even better yet, is it possible to get enough AoE radius to make a single Magma Orb do damage to one enemy with two bounces?

Much appreciated <3
Another bunch of questions:

1. Will a implicit modifier corruption override a labyrinth enchantment or visa versa, or can you have both at the same time?

2. What happens if you use a life flask with the mod removes 10% of life recovered from mana when you use it, but have no mana at the time?

3. I the Art of the Gladiator Notable necessary, or rather, helpful if you have the Unstoppable Notable from the Juggernaut Ascendancy tree (talking about the ingoner all movement penalties form armor part of the Art of the Gladiator)?

4. Will Life Gain of Hit work multiple times from one attack on several mobs only with attack that hit several times at different times, like an arrow attack with GMP or will it also give life for each mob hit from attacks that hit once at the same time for example and AoE attack like ground slam and earthquake?

5. If i've optimized my timing on earthquake with the number of attacks to get a ratio of 1:1 or 2:1 on the initial hit of earthquake and the aftershock (meaning i get the most possible attacks that matches the delay of the aftershock to get optimal dps). Will i mess this timing up if i use vengeance?

6. What happens if you play a league and when the league ends and your characters get transferred to standard and there are no more character slots available?
1. Both are implicits, they overwrite. Corrupted items cannot be Enchanted.
2. You recover a ton of Life.
3. Unstoppable only prevents you from going below 0%. If you have any amount of Increased Movespeed, then Art of the Gladiator has an effect.
4. On-Hit effects work on every Hit.
5. Vengeance is entirely unrelated to Earthquake, not sure what it could affect?
6. Character slots are per-account, not per-League :P If you have no character slots left, you can't make League characters anyways.
Confused about Poison Support:

Gem says supported skills poison on hit.
Wiki entry for poison reads:
"
The Poison gem deals 8% of a hit's combined chaos and physical damage as chaos damage per second, and lasts 2 seconds by default

So does that mean if I link it to a spell like Firestorm it won't poison naturally until I convert fire>chaos or use added chaos/apep's or some other gimmick?

e: thanks again.
Last edited by hqDM on Dec 7, 2016, 12:45:33 PM
Yes, you need to deal Phys and/or Chaos Damage in order to apply Poison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info