[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Does increased ele dmg with weapons apply on icestorm? Because, tooltip shows no difference.
Last edited by teharos on Sep 14, 2016, 5:04:25 PM
I thought Stibnite flasks don't work with Unwavering Stance's "cannot evade attacks"..?
"
teharos wrote:
Does increased ele dmg with weapons apply on icestorm? Because, tooltip shows no difference.

No it doesn't. The belt is for the anti-freeze.

"
VincePlaysPOE wrote:
I thought Stibnite flasks don't work with Unwavering Stance's "cannot evade attacks"..?

You're Correct. I was referring to leveling in HC with the build. I haven't reached Unwavering stance yet, at which point, you're correct, stibnite loses most of it's value over the sulphur.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Sep 14, 2016, 5:17:41 PM
I have 2 ES regalias . One with 778 Es and some res and 1 with 710 with 53 Int. The 710 lowers my totaly shield by about 180 es overall. Is the extra 53 int and 300pdps worth it over the 778 ES regalia ?
Another question for Kelvynn:

What's the trade-off for getting rid of the CWDT-Ball Lightning-Curse on hit Five link, and just using Orb of Storms for Curse on Hit? Would be easier to fit on gear, and if you still have a 5L can slot in increased AoE

I haven't tested obviously, but just curious what your experience is, or anyone elses. Is it too clunky relying on casting it every encounter? There's a bit of an upside where you can be pro-active with the curses, rather than relying on being hit first, BUT there's a big downside of there being a small window where we're not leeching with icestorm, because we'd cast Orb of Storms first.

What're your thoughts?
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Sep 14, 2016, 6:34:05 PM
"
ColeonePS wrote:
I have 2 ES regalias . One with 778 Es and some res and 1 with 710 with 53 Int. The 710 lowers my totaly shield by about 180 es overall. Is the extra 53 int and 300pdps worth it over the 778 ES regalia ?

Yes, 53 Int is MUCH better than 68 ES on the chest armor.

"
Shiverwarp wrote:
Another question for Kelvynn:

What's the trade-off for getting rid of the CWDT-Ball Lightning-Curse on hit Five link, and just using Orb of Storms for Curse on Hit? Would be easier to fit on gear, and if you still have a 5L can slot in increased AoE

I haven't tested obviously, but just curious what your experience is, or anyone elses. Is it too clunky relying on casting it every encounter? There's a bit of an upside where you can be pro-active with the curses, rather than relying on being hit first, BUT there's a big downside of there being a small window where we're not leeching with icestorm, because we'd cast Orb of Storms first.

What're your thoughts?

BL is much more efficient at cursing enemies, especially ranged attackers and mobile bosses. Time spent getting near them, dropping an Orb and waiting for it to zap them may cost you. Some fights are already too intense to add more action. It's a viable option but not as good as the automatic CWDT BL curse. You can have both with a luxury upgrade: 6L the chest and put them both there like I do in Standard:

However, in some fights that take place in a small arena, and/or when you really want an extra layer of defense (Purity instead of Blasphemy WM), it's even recommended to use Orb as the curse delivery method. I was only using that for Uber Atziri until 2.4, but now I also use it for Phoenix and Shaper (replace CWDT with WM, replace BL with AoE, put PoF or PoI in the helmet).

But in the day-to-day mapping it's so much better to let BL take care of the curses.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 14, 2016, 6:50:08 PM
Thanks for explaining the reasoning! The 6L luxury is definitely a cool addition!

Very curious, a lot of the new Atlas bosses do happen to be in smaller arenas, so I think it might be a common swap to make.

At the very least, until I get better colouring, might be what I have to run anyway
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Sep 14, 2016, 6:54:02 PM
Trying this build out in 2.4 essence league. I'm level 80 with around level 17-18 gems. Just did Uber lab with damage sitting at 4.5k and ES only at 5.3k. Damage is fine for now but I'm wondering why my es is so low. I've followed the passive guide so far and still messing around with getting links/colors right.

@Quesarito, from your gear it looks like you have way to less Intelligence. Every single intelligence point helps. My gears is really medium aswell but at the moment im at 7300 ES. Have a look at my gear to compare: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GeronimR%C3%B6der/characters Name: SarahTheXanthippe. I usually always go for a 45+ intelligence stat on every rare item i have and i try to cut it down on the uniques. For example your Armor: 659 ES and 40 Int - My Armor: 645 ES and 52. Just these 12 INT points will make my ES increase a decent amount more than yours will. How much Intelligence do you have? I have about 1430.
Last edited by GeronimRoeder on Sep 14, 2016, 11:07:32 PM
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
"
teharos wrote:

No it doesn't. The belt is for the anti-freeze.

Then, is Catalyse worth the skill point?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info