[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Could linking Lightning Warp in the chest work better than Leaping Slam? If I just warp into or near mobs, cursing them, that would do the job, no? Also it will clear some on gloves... How would that work?
Juse wanted to share with you guys im lvl 73 atm and just finished merc lab and this was the first enchantment i got!
Spoiler

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Rusherboy wrote:
An advice for those doing this build in HC.

It's very doable, even speccing CI at level 33, you just need to be careful.

It's also highly recommended to use Dream Fragments and Eye of Chayula so you don't get frozen or stunlocked.

DF is ok until lv 70, it has nice resist too. But taking Chayula instead of Astramentis will destroy your DPS, leech amount and ES. Even when you can't get Astra yet, you should still use an amulet with very high Int (60-70 Int shouldn't be hard to find). In HC you probably shouldn't facetank things that can stunlock you until you get US. But sacrificing Astra for it can be worse.

I rip'd at Merc Merveil because I got stunlocked under her Icestorm (oh the irony).

I'd rather do less dps, I had 1,2k at lvl 55 wich was fine, than die as in HC you can only die once.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
Could linking Lightning Warp in the chest work better than Leaping Slam? If I just warp into or near mobs, cursing them, that would do the job, no? Also it will clear some on gloves... How would that work?

We need leap slam for fortify :x
"
Strel wrote:
This build low budget ? lol ?

I think You confuse low budget with no budget. It's not like Warchief Totems, which You can play selffound and do well - you do need a small budget to get going.

Pyre and Whispering Ice are both extremely cheap. You can get a good WI for 5-10 chaos (that's 18% int/11% cast speed), Pyre drops rather frequently and can be bough for as low as an alch.

Astramentis isn't cheap - probably because of this build, actually - but You can make do with a 70+ int rare amulet, which You can have for between 1 and 5c, depending on the other stats. Auxium is 1c. I 5s'd two WIs this league, both needed less than 30 jeweller's orbs. Build needs no fuses and no 6-link, that's a huge chunk of currency saved. Average roll fertile minds and brute forces are 1-2c, good ones ~5c. Everything else is optional or can be played selffound - just get decent ES rares and craft INT onto them, IIRC You only need catarina lvl 3 for that.

So a necessary budget of ~15c to get going, ~30c to round out. +~1ex if You really want an astramentis. That's rather low.

Of course, You always can throw currency at it and improve the build...
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
As for frozen, I HIGHLY recommend in HC you use a stibnite flask with cannot be frozen. Thing is absolutely slept on. Only needs 10 charges, holds 30, lasts 5 seconds! Totally spammable. I'm actually thinking of replacing the auxium belt just with one, since it's so natural to just use a stibnite as I jump in for the huge blind (Helps prevent stun too, since you don't get hit!)

Stibnite? Is that really better than Sulphur? I've been using Sulphur for the most coverage. Chemist (21% or better) makes it 15/60, i.e. 4 uses. It's 4 sec (4.8 with 20q) as opposed to 5 sec (6.0) on Stibnite, but the total coverage is longer, and it gives you a tangible bonus of its own: 40% inc damage.

"
Question for Kelvynn regarding survivability and ES nodes: We favour a lot of smaller int nodes because of it's versatility, but what's your opinion on taking some ES nodes above scion, or Unnatural calm? Are ES nodes just not as valuable compared to their Life counterparts? Just thinking about options if I feel like my damage is good, but I'm vulnerable to one shots.

The life builds I've played just gobble up the Life nodes like they're candy.

Nodes that give small % ES increases are largerly irrelevant for this build. 1500 Int = 300% increased ES. Compared to that all those nodes together are small change. Infused Shield is the only ES node we really care about because it gives a multiplicative ES bonus (15% MORE) that stacks nicely with the bonus from Int.

"
Seufari wrote:
Does the IAS and cast speed from lightning golem help out that much compared to 40% increased damage from ice golem?

I tested both as the secondary golem beside Flame and found Lightning to be more helpful. Cast speed is nice since it applies multiplicatively with other modifiers. It also adds IAS to Leap Slam. Finally, using Ice golem would require off-coloring all 4 sockets in your boots of gloves, and that's very impractical in a new league.

"
reliq wrote:
OK... OK... we are talking about skills and not face tanking the dmg burst.
I was specifically referring to be able to survive specific situation where in your video you (smartly) avoid it since you didn't get touch by the projectiles.
I insta rip the other day to doedre in T9 (phantasmagoria) with GMP. Obviously this was my mistake as i walk towards her instead of jumping, but while you facetank her if she throw the 3 proj which becomes 9 or 12 with GMP, I'd be curious if you can survive that.

I'll check out Phantasmagoria too, and will wait for her to use the triple attack to be sure. But I think you are just missing something. Are you using CWDT+IC, AA, Fortify, Enfeeble? When one of her projectiles triggers CWDT+IC you become immune to any further phys damage from that salvo regardless of how many projectiles she fires. It's the same as dealing with the packs of exploding porcupines. And she should be already Enfeebled by your curse link if you facetank her. And you should always maintain Fortify when dealing with bosses - Leap Slam often. Finally, don't stand in Doedre's red aura (Vulnerability) - although that stopped being important long time ago even in the pre-nerf Core.

"
Dommel wrote:
So I and my friend have been thinking on the following (He said that the current bosses in EHC have around 60% curse resistance). That Instead of running tricurse, you can drop doedres (or the 7 skill points, whichever you prefer). And run an extra ring instead (for example perandus ring, 2% int per unique item) which with all the int should give you a about 100+ int more. Would this be worth it you think? (Running MW + enfeeble still, and maybe switch enfeeble with temp chains on mobs/boss)

That would be the dual-curse version of this build, which I used in 2.1 before sacrificing 1 ring and switching to tri-curse. I've already explained why it was worth it, somewhere in this thread. Core Malachai with 3 curses and Core Malachai with 2 curses were in two different leagues of difficulty. Yes, he's been nerfed in 2.4 and is a joke now. But you have the new bosses instead: Rigwald, Chimera, Hydra, Shaper. I am 100% sure that 3 curses is still better than 2 curses + more ES and DPS.

Bosses have always mitigated curses. Before 2.4 it was 60% reduced curse effect, and now it's 60% LESS curse effect, or something like that. But having them deal 25% LESS damage instead if 30% LESS, and having them slowed by 35% instead of 40% is still a huge deal.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 14, 2016, 1:16:05 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
As for frozen, I HIGHLY recommend in HC you use a stibnite flask with cannot be frozen. Thing is absolutely slept on. Only needs 10 charges, holds 30, lasts 5 seconds! Totally spammable. I'm actually thinking of replacing the auxium belt just with one, since it's so natural to just use a stibnite as I jump in for the huge blind (Helps prevent stun too, since you don't get hit!)

Stibnite? Is that really better than Sulphur? I've been using Sulphur for the most coverage. Chemist (21% or better) makes it 15/60, i.e. 4 uses. It's 4 sec (4.8 with 20q) as opposed to 5 sec (6.0) on Stibnite, but the total coverage is longer, and it gives you a tangible bonus of its own: 40% inc damage.

"
Question for Kelvynn regarding survivability and ES nodes: We favour a lot of smaller int nodes because of it's versatility, but what's your opinion on taking some ES nodes above scion, or Unnatural calm? Are ES nodes just not as valuable compared to their Life counterparts? Just thinking about options if I feel like my damage is good, but I'm vulnerable to one shots.

The life builds I've played just gobble up the Life nodes like they're candy.

Nodes that give small % ES increases are largerly irrelevant for this build. 1500 Int = 300% increased ES. Compared to that all those nodes together are small change. Infused Shield is the only ES node we really care about because it gives a multiplicative ES bonus (15% MORE) that stacks nicely with the bonus from Int.

Thanks for the response! I favor stibnite personally just because I'm HC, and enjoy the greatly enhanced survivability. 50% miss chance blinding cloud is great to avoid getting instantpopped from a small mistake. The fact that it only takes 10 charges to recharge makes it very spammable when just running around, every pack can give you 1-2 uses back. The coverage being overall longer I'm not sure on, I think they can be comparable if you roll Ample you can get 1-2 extra uses on Stibnite. I think both flasks work, Sulphur probably being better for SC, and Stibnite better for HC.

As for ES nodes, I might experiment and see the tradeoff for getting Scion Foresight (2 points for a total of 20% increased ES and 20 flat ES) Unnatural calm is a little too far out of the way I think.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Sep 14, 2016, 1:15:48 PM
"
AiMBOYrEE wrote:
Wouldn't Elemental Equilibrium work well with the build?

No. Icestorm produces 10 fire dmg hits per second, i.e everything would be instantly made 25% more resistant to fire.

"
Strel wrote:
This build low budget ? lol ?

It was when I created it. The prices on the items used here went up big time since June for some reason... ;)

Good catch though. Time to remove that part. It's just 'budget' or maybe even 'medium budget' now. Even though some players call anything under 20 ex low budget. But we aren't going to argue about semantics.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 14, 2016, 1:48:38 PM
"
brunowa wrote:
I'm struggling with this build...

Currently level 85
1,370 INT
5,600 ES
Resis not completely capped (40/74/65)
3,500 DPS in hideout with golems up

There are times when I just get hit a couple times in quick succession and I'm quickly dead before leech can do anything.

I can't even complete a Labyrinth Trial without dying 3 times.

I'm clearly doing something wrong... but not sure what?

I understand my chest is not the best... but I'm struggling to save up for the 8ex or so to buy a decent 750+ ES chest with high int on it... I could perhaps upgrade my gloves/boots too, but they are also super expensive for ones with additional good res (it's an expensive build I know... but I'm trying to do it on a budget!)

Can someone please help?

1. Your chest is total garbage. You don't have to suffer like this while saving up for a great 8 ex chest. Buy something cheap with 40 Int and 650 ES.

2. You forgot to take Potency of Will, so your Icestorms, Orb, IC, curses all expire too soon. Drop the jewel sockets near Scion and Witch start and take Potency of Will. You aren't supposed to have those sockets (or Catalyse) at lv 85 yet.

3. 40 fire res?? That's the one resist that REALLY MUST BE CAPPED (reflect!). Craft fire res on something. Did you forget to help Kraityn?

4. Can't see your jewels. Check if you are actually using Brute Force and Fertile Mind where you should. And your other ones are probably not good.

5. Gem levels? 3.5k Icestorm looks like lv 15 gems or something like that. By lv 85 you really should have better. Level them up.

But your biggest mistake IMO is skipping moderate upgrades and saving your currency for the good stuff. You should upgrade gradually. Get a new piece of gear that's better than your current one, sell that one. You will accumulate currency and achieve your goals faster this way.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 14, 2016, 1:49:34 PM
Somehow I missed that Orb of Storms is even used in the build. Oops. Guess I should be getting Ele Overload procs more often.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info