[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

The build is going very well. Up to 8.3k ES and I think 8-9k dps buffed (cnt remember atm).

Problem was capping resistances but have managed to drop some nodes for it. Also I would like to offer an alternative to Izaro gems (potential)

I had problems with some resists and there are very few nodes. Seeing as you use many unique with no res it can be tough. I got a jewel like this which helped me to just hit the caps. It also provided the same amount of dps as a Izaro gem besides the % chance to freeze and ignite. Just a thought.

+16 Fire Damage
+16 Cold Damage
+10 Area Damage
+ 11 to fire and cold resistance

Please excuse the Lighting Walker and a few miss placed nodes. I used it to give me 3% more lightning resistance than at the bottom near the Mara tree. As well as some ES nodes which will come off later. I am also looking at getting +1 curse on Astra amulet to remove 4 nodes and relocate then to the jewel sockets near the Shadow tree .

PS: Catalyst near the templar tree is incorrect. It doesnt offer str and int it offers a flat +20 into so it should be a mandatory pickup.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQQHDXwOSBBYES0RUBGWEzUV1xekGGoZLhpsHNwdFB1PHwIn7SlPKjgsnCy_LR81uTbFOVI62DwFPQ89X0VHRnFMi0yzUXRSU1ZIVmNXDVgHXfJfKl9qX7BmVGhlah5qO20Zb552EXflfLt_xoKbgwmD94TFhXuGrodljHaOvo7pjxqPRo_6kPqSwZMnlSCXlZuhm7Wdrp48ns2fy6EvoqOmmacIpyunMK-Nr5uvp7QMtQS-isBmwcXB88M6xBXE9spKytPQH9DQ0iHUB9Wm2CTZYdyN323fit-w5CLpAuq66-Tr7uwY7DjvS-987-vyL_Ob?accountName=Ziiyo&characterName=FuckThisGameExe
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jun 22, 2016, 3:51:53 AM
"
Ziiyo wrote:

PS: Catalyst near the templar tree is incorrect. It doesnt offer str and int it offers a flat +20 into so it should be a mandatory pickup.

10 str and 10 int is correct, it says 20 int because you have Brute Force Solution in the Templar Jewel Slot, converting the str into int. Take out the jewel and it'll say 10 str and 10 int.

Howver, for the purposes of this build, you're definitely going to have that jewel in there, so it's definitely worth picking up.
"
Quazifuji wrote:
"
Ziiyo wrote:

10 str and 10 int is correct, it says 20 int because you have Brute Force Solution in the Templar Jewel Slot, converting the str into int. Take out the jewel and it'll say 10 str and 10 int.

Howver, for the purposes of this build, you're definitely going to have that jewel in there, so it's definitely worth picking up.

HUGE DERP! I was thinking something was off but couldnt be me ;) ! Then I may drop it to extend to the shadow node as after 90, there are very few points to move around and levels are hard to get from 90+ with the new nerf

Thanks for correcting my morning stupidity ;) !
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
Kelvynn wrote:

The Witch has higher DPS than the Scion at the same level, especially after doing the Uber Lab. Mastermind is quite insane. Pendulum is pretty cool too. And Paragon is not just for defense either, it's a nice dps bonus against reflect (reflect -> you hit yourself with fire -> you have taken fire damage recently -> you gain 40% inc fire dmg). Icestorm tooltip is almost the same as the Scion with the same gear. But all this hidden bonus damage that kicks in during the action is huge. The Witch'es real dps in combat against bosses is probably 1.5x of the Scion's.

Initially I still liked the Scion more because the clear speed with Raider is awesome, and you can plow thru the maps and level fast. But now that I've started playing the Witch more seriously, I'm very fond of it. Lightning golem and Quicksilver flasks make it go real fast too. And not worrying about reflect is just priceless.

I'm going to update the guide soon. One of the pleasant surprises for me was how rarely the golems die. Elemental immunty rocks. There is no need to CWDT the golems like in the Scion version (and it doesn;t work well anyway with 2 of them). Just summon them manually when they happen to die. This also eliminates the need to color gloves or boots 3R and makes it cheaper.

Why Raider? You should be doing enough dps to oneshot white trash, and you've got some options for rares and uniques. Slayer gives you Culling Strike, 30 % increased damage against those rares and uniques, and more life leech. Inquisitor helps you proc more often Elemental Overload as well as that 20% increased elemental damage (unsure if it would work as 20% cold + 20% fire) and of course you've still got the Berserker.

BTW I never died to reflect with Whispering Ice. When I see a reflect mob, I kill them while killing white trash to leech life from them. But I've seen the streamer AngryAA dying to reflect as WI Elementalist in PHC. The pathing to Unwavering is better from Scion, and you get 3 extra passive points as well as like 60 extra INT. So that's why I've got no clue about which one is better.
"
Kelemn wrote:
Quazifuji

Gear was optimised with bathed breath before to regen shield really fast, with occultist and 2 vaal discipline almost always up i reached around 12 000 ES.

I since respected into the tri curse build, changed belt to auxium and gems it does more damage, the immunity to reflect is great but i need a new armor, i was thinking about Atrizi splendor or The new unique beast armor.

I am also not sure if wearing 2 perandus signet worth it. I'm currently thinking of changing one ring and the boots/glove. The glove are just here for a free temporal chain.
I need to level and quality my gem. The build is stronger but feel kinda "slow".

I have way less ES now ~ 3500 so yeah need to work on that

Here is where i stand now
Tree
Occultist

So after some try i crafted this base item for my armor upgrade (my first 6 link ever).
Do you guys have advice on how to proceed to have the best chance to get the good mod for this build ?
---
"
Kelemn wrote:

So after some try i crafted this base item for my armor upgrade (my first 6 link ever).
Do you guys have advice on how to proceed to have the best chance to get the good mod for this build ?

You do not need any linked chest for this build. Just buy any high ES one.
"
Quazifuji wrote:
How essential do you consider Potency of Will? The duration sounds really nice for tankier bosses, but I really like being able to use lightning warp for mobility, it's so much faster than Leap Slam (even with a 20q faster attacks and a doubled-effect Lightning Golem), and it also works as a convenient Mastermind of Discord proc for normal packs (Orb of Storms is still probably worth it for Overload on bosses).

Also, how do you manage to hit 9k-10k damage with only golems up? I only get to around 5.5k with golems up with a Perandus Signet but no overload or pendulum, and I've got a decent amount of ES on gloves, boots, and chest, a perfect int roles on the staff and helm, and a perfect Astramentis. I don't have Izaro's turmoil jewels, but I've got rare jewels with 8-10 int and 15%-ish spell/cold/fire damage instead, which should be good. I'm on Prophecy, so legacy Perandus Signet isn't an option. There's still more int to be gained from leveling up, and my support gems aren't qualitied, but it doesn't seem like enough to get me to 9-10k damage pre-buffs (besides golems).

Potency of Will (effect duration) is very important. Against bosses it's another multiplicative dps modifier. The longer your Icestorm lasts the more of them you can stack. Your real dps against a boss that doesn't move a lot is 45% LESS without it. But the duration is also nice for Orb of Storms, Immortal Call and the curses.

If you are using Lightning Warp then you are not using Leap Slam and playing without Fortify? That's a bad idea. And that skill is also bad cause of extended duration.

Icestorm damage depends on Int and damage modifiers. ES on your gear doesn't affect it, Int does. On the jewels you want the 12-16 Int mod, not the 8-10 one, and two increased dmg mods.

Also, the gems. You want 20/20 gems, ideally even 21/20.

Against Uber Atziri I replace Doedre's with the 2nd Perandus since TC is not used there. Also, my Standard char is very well geared and is lv 93. Levels in this build constantly add more Int. You can check Kelvynnia in my profile. I'm sure it's an overkill, and you can do Uber with less, just maybe die 2-3 times. Maybe 7-8k damage.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 22, 2016, 1:32:02 PM
intre
Yeah i know but i got lucky and got this one, i was asking if you have advice to get high ES crafted mod with this one. I am not used to crafting.
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Jun 22, 2016, 1:33:15 PM
"
intre wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

The Witch has higher DPS than the Scion at the same level, especially after doing the Uber Lab. Mastermind is quite insane. Pendulum is pretty cool too. And Paragon is not just for defense either, it's a nice dps bonus against reflect (reflect -> you hit yourself with fire -> you have taken fire damage recently -> you gain 40% inc fire dmg). Icestorm tooltip is almost the same as the Scion with the same gear. But all this hidden bonus damage that kicks in during the action is huge. The Witch'es real dps in combat against bosses is probably 1.5x of the Scion's.

Initially I still liked the Scion more because the clear speed with Raider is awesome, and you can plow thru the maps and level fast. But now that I've started playing the Witch more seriously, I'm very fond of it. Lightning golem and Quicksilver flasks make it go real fast too. And not worrying about reflect is just priceless.

I'm going to update the guide soon. One of the pleasant surprises for me was how rarely the golems die. Elemental immunty rocks. There is no need to CWDT the golems like in the Scion version (and it doesn;t work well anyway with 2 of them). Just summon them manually when they happen to die. This also eliminates the need to color gloves or boots 3R and makes it cheaper.

Why Raider? You should be doing enough dps to oneshot white trash, and you've got some options for rares and uniques. Slayer gives you Culling Strike, 30 % increased damage against those rares and uniques, and more life leech. Inquisitor helps you proc more often Elemental Overload as well as that 20% increased elemental damage (unsure if it would work as 20% cold + 20% fire) and of course you've still got the Berserker.

BTW I never died to reflect with Whispering Ice. When I see a reflect mob, I kill them while killing white trash to leech life from them. But I've seen the streamer AngryAA dying to reflect as WI Elementalist in PHC. The pathing to Unwavering is better from Scion, and you get 3 extra passive points as well as like 60 extra INT. So that's why I've got no clue about which one is better.

Raider is exactly for trash reasons. You one shot trash either way. Raider allows you to move and cast faster, i.e. clear maps faster, get xp and level faster. Slayer's 30% Increased (not MORE) mod against bosses and culling strike are too minor to care about, except for party play. There is a recent post in the Scion thread with an example of a play style where Slayer is better than Raider. But for most Scion players Raider is better.

Reflect is the biggest threat to the Scion. Almost all of my deaths on the Scion after lv 92 (except Uber and Core) were to reflect. Sometimes things happen when you are not expecting them and before you can react. Like an almost instant RIP in a reflect map when you get cursed by a necromancer or a hexfont that's not even on the screen yet. After lv 95 I started just avoiding reflect maps. Witch doesn't have this problem. At all. Most of the time you won't even notice that the map is reflecting.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 22, 2016, 3:35:24 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

If you are using Lightning Warp then you are not using Leap Slam and playing without Fortify? That's a bad idea. And that skill is also bad cause of extended duration.

I'm still using Leap Slam for Fortify, I just also have a Lightning Warp setup to get around faster. But I can see why Potency of Will would be worth it, and Leap Slam's speed isn't too bad with a 20q faster attacks and lightning golem.

"
Kelvynn wrote:

Icestorm damage depends on Int and damage modifiers. ES on your gear doesn't affect it, Int does. On the jewels you want the 12-16 Int mod, not the 8-10 one, and two increased dmg mods.

Also, the gems. You want 20/20 gems, ideally even 21/20.

I meant int on gear, not ES. My gloves, boots, and chest all have around 30-50 int.

There's a good chance I'm just underestimating the amount of damage I could get from a few more levels, quality on gems, and an extra damage mod on my jewels. They all seem like small mods but I can see how they add up. Them adding up to another 3000-4000 damage seems hard to believe, but it's possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info