[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
lightofeast wrote:
Nice build.

Is it safe to assume that the witch version is a stronger version for boss fight? Due to reflect..higher es and higher dmg?

Possible to do dual.curse setup with two perandus ring?

Scion's ES is higher. But raw ES doesn't mean much when you instantly leech it back when damaged. Reflect only applies to one real boss - Atziri. I'll wait till I get to try Uber and Twin Core with the Witch version before deciding if it's stronger than the Scion against top bosses. Maybe this weekend.

Of course, dual-curse is possible. This build (as Scion) was initially dual-curse. But the 3rd curse was very worth sacrificing 1 ring for.

"
dbush2765 wrote:
Guessing that Izaro's Turmoil was one of the unique jewels that got hit with increased rarity? I remember them being pretty cheap before, and now I can't find one for less than 20c on PHC. Not only that, there's only a few of them up to begin with.

Yes. Izaro's Turmoil was released with 2.1 (Chris mentioned in one of the podcasts that the Lab was initially planned for 2.1) and was a regular game-wide drop, pretty common and cheap. But then in 2.2 it was changed to drop only inside the Lab as intended. So now it's a lot more rare and expensive.

"
DeuceDragon wrote:
Thanks for the guide loving the build so far.

Did OP ever post their own gear cause i havent seen it?

Not yet. My char in Prophecy is still getting there, not much to post yet. And in Standard I'm using my Scion's gear that can be found in the Scion thread.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 17, 2016, 1:26:46 PM
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Jun 18, 2016, 12:36:42 AM
I seem to be having a problem with the skill tree I can grab ghost reaver but at Lvl 33 be unable to grab CI and the infused shield did I do something wrong?
waiting for ur result :)
"
Kelemn wrote:

Wouldn't your ES be really, really low with that gear? You've barely got any ES on your gear at all. Even with more investment into ES on your tree and Occultist instead of Elementalist, do you have enough ES to not get one-shot?

"
Madgod wrote:
I seem to be having a problem with the skill tree I can grab ghost reaver but at Lvl 33 be unable to grab CI and the infused shield did I do something wrong?

Posting your tree would probably make it easier to see if you did something wrong. Although personally, I didn't go CI right at level 33 and it was fine. I found a health potion or two was fine for dealing with most sources of chaos damage while leveling.
Quazifuji

Gear was optimised with bathed breath before to regen shield really fast, with occultist and 2 vaal discipline almost always up i reached around 12 000 ES.

I since respected into the tri curse build, changed belt to auxium and gems it does more damage, the immunity to reflect is great but i need a new armor, i was thinking about Atrizi splendor or The new unique beast armor.

I am also not sure if wearing 2 perandus signet worth it. I'm currently thinking of changing one ring and the boots/glove. The glove are just here for a free temporal chain.
I need to level and quality my gem. The build is stronger but feel kinda "slow".

I have way less ES now ~ 3500 so yeah need to work on that

Here is where i stand now
Tree
Occultist
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Jun 19, 2016, 12:21:52 AM
I have 2 question, i really wanna use The Beast Fur Shawl , did you try this chest? i think its good for this build. but I not sure can i fix my resis with only rare boots and gloves.. Also do I really need to have vaal pack and the life leech? becsaue if I change all the ice damage to fire, i think there is some increase fire damage and fire pan point on the top
Last edited by fkfkfk100 on Jun 19, 2016, 4:41:09 PM
"
fkfkfk100 wrote:
I have 2 question, i really wanna use The Beast Fur Shawl , did you try this chest? i think its good for this build. but I not sure can i fix my resis with only rare boots and gloves.. Also do I really need to have vaal pack and the life leech? becsaue if I change all the ice damage to fire, i think there is some increase fire damage and fire pan point on the top

The Beast Fur Shawl is not good for this build.

552 ES (the top roll) is too low, you can find rare chests with a lot more ES for cheaper than that unique. It has no Int at all. ES regen is irrelevant for us, we leech ES, not regen it. 5% increased damage taken - that's not good for tanking which we do a lot.

10% inc AoE - that's Ok, but not worth the sacrifice. And 40% Inc spell damage is cool, but that's less than what you get from 40 Int on a mediocre rare chest.

Yes, you really need Vaal Pact. The regular (non-instant) leech sucks, you can't tank anything serious with it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 19, 2016, 11:16:23 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
fkfkfk100 wrote:

The Beast Fur Shawl is not good for this build.

552 ES (the top roll) is too low, you can find rare chests with a lot more ES for cheaper than that unique. It has no Int at all. ES regen is irrelevant for us, we leech ES, not regen it. 5% increased damage taken - that's not good for tanking which we do a lot.

10% inc AoE - that's Ok, but not worth the sacrifice. And 40% Inc spell damage is cool, but that's less than what you get from 40 Int on a mediocre rare chest.

Yes, you really need Vaal Pact. The regular (non-instant) leech sucks, you can't tank anything serious with it.

I don't want to argue it's great for this build, but a redeeming quality may be the 40% increased Recovery, which affects life leech.
"
tuffff wrote:
I don't want to argue it's great for this build, but a redeeming quality may be the 40% increased Recovery, which affects life leech.

ES recovery rate only affects non-instant leech, same as quality on Life Leech. Non-instant leech sucks compared to VP, increased or not. It's just too slow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info