[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Just as a note Raider works wonderful .. i will compare it later to the witch variant .
But the damage is nice by itself ..
If the maps are not to hard the clear speed is just rediculus ..
I mean Ci with 6 Frenzy Charges and + ~60-70% movementspeed .. and this build don't need flask so u can use movement flask only OO
Phasing is really nice especially in labs or stuff u just want to skip.
Sure the witch tree gives a lot of damage but well right now i run 11-13 maps at a speed a witch will never achieve .. she just lacks the movement.
and as a note i didn't even used ones the full 6 sockets .. i played everything till now with item rarity ..
mfg
Majin
Last edited by Majin111 on Jun 13, 2016, 2:15:11 PM
"
Quazifuji wrote:
How fast is your leap slam? I tried setting up Leap Slam/FA/Fortify and it was incredibly slow and clunky to use.

See the Troubleshooting section. You need to level FA and give it 20 quality. Then it will be a lot less clunky. Lightning Golem helps too (I'm waiting a little longer before recommending it over Ice Golem, but so far I am leaning towards it). And Silver flasks.

"
Frost Bomb lowers enemy resists with the pulses that happen before it pops, which are almost immediately. The pop just does damage. I've been using it, it's very easy to lower enemy resists with it. Granted, it is true that most things die too fast for it to be worth it, but against bosses it can be a good damage boost. Not sure if it's worth putting off the fire conversion for it, though.

I am positive that you should convert to fire as soon as you get AoF. You can definitely use Frost Bomb until then, but I found it unnecessary. Everything dies quickly enough without it.

"
"
Kelvynn wrote:
It's about the order of getting them. You can do Normal and Cruel Lab with 1 alc gear while leveling (I did them at lv 63 and they were completely trivial; could have done them much earlier). So that's 4 Asc points. You can spend them all on Pendulum-Mastermind, or you can get Liege and Paragon. And getting the next 4 points requires leveling and obtaining endgame gear. Liege+Paragon are much more useful than Pendulum+Mastermind.

That makes sense. If I've already done merc lab, would you recommend getting Mastermind before Liege, then?

Still no. The two golems not only give you DPS and speed boost, but they also distract the bosses and take a lot of hits for you. Once you have your lv 70 gear, you should be able to do both Merc and Endgame lab, and the golems will help there. You can definitely take Mastermind before Liege, but I think the golems are more helpful against Uber Izaro.
"
Majin111 wrote:
Just as a note Raider works wonderful .. i will compare it later to the witch variant .
But the damage is nice by itself ..
If the maps are not to hard the clear speed is just rediculus ..
I mean Ci with 6 Frenzy Charges and + ~60-70% movementspeed .. and this build don't need flask so u can use movement flask only OO
Phasing is really nice especially in labs or stuff u just want to skip.
Sure the witch tree gives a lot of damage but well right now i run 11-13 maps at a speed a witch will never achieve .. she just lacks the movement.
and as a note i didn't even used ones the full 6 sockets .. i played everything till now with item rarity ..
mfg
Majin

Raider will have a great clear speed (at the cost of DPS and tankability). If that's what you are after - go for it. Post a link to your build if you make a thread for it, I'll gladly add it to my posts.

For now I remain skeptical about the Ranger. Scion Eleraider clears maps really fast too, breezes through the Lab, and has the DPS and tankability to kill any target in PoE. Will the Ranger be able to do Uber, or Twin Core (or even single Core)? Surprise me. :)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 13, 2016, 5:08:51 PM
Hey, so, i have a little problem. I saw Ziggyd's firestorm elementalist build and decided it would be my league starter. I was playing normally until i dropped a Pyre with some nice rolls. After that i was sifting through the game and found out about the Whispering Ice and i just felt in love with it. So, i am trying to change my build interely. Right now, it is a mess, but i believe that it will look better after some gear changes and some respecs. The point of this huge text is to ask if you have any tips to help me change this mess of a build. You can check my character in my profile if you want https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ItZSonic/characters. Also, what would be a good alternative for Astramentis if you cant afford it?
Last edited by ItZSonic on Jun 13, 2016, 2:51:11 PM
"
ItZSonic wrote:
Hey, so, i have a little problem. I saw Ziggyd's firestorm elementalist build and decided it would be my league starter. I was playing normally until i dropped a Pyre with some nice rolls. After that i was sifting through the game and found out about the Whispering Ice and i just felt in love with it. So, i am trying to change my build interely. Right now, it is a mess, but i believe that it will look better after some gear changes and some respecs. The point of this huge text is to ask if you have any tips to help me change this mess of a build. You can check my character in my profile if you want https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ItZSonic/characters. Also, what would be a good alternative for Astramentis if you cant afford it?

You're profile's private, just so you know.

Astramentis is a lot cheaper in Prophecy than usual (because there's a Prophecy that gives it as a reward), but if you still can't afford it, you can get Amulets with a lot of int pretty cheap. Doing a quick search, there are a bunch in the 1-3c range with 80+ int in Prophecy softcore, including one which also gives a bunch of ES.

The biggest issue with not having Astramentis is that you might have to go out of your way to meet the strength and dex requirements of some gems.
"
You're profile's private, just so you know.

Astramentis is a lot cheaper in Prophecy than usual (because there's a Prophecy that gives it as a reward), but if you still can't afford it, you can get Amulets with a lot of int pretty cheap. Doing a quick search, there are a bunch in the 1-3c range with 80+ int in Prophecy softcore, including one which also gives a bunch of ES.

The biggest issue with not having Astramentis is that you might have to go out of your way to meet the strength and dex requirements of some gems.

Wow, i didn't see it was private, should be working now. Thanks for the help too!
"
ItZSonic wrote:
what would be a good alternative for Astramentis if you cant afford it?

This league has a quest (prophecy) for Astramentis that you can farm, it's linked earlier in this thread. Astramentis is selling for 5-10c right now. If you cannot afford that then I'm afraid it's going to be pointless to recommend the gear to you. Endgame chest/gloves/boots/ring for this build will definitely be more expensive than 10c each. This build is low budget but not what's considered 'cheap' or 'ghetto'.

You can find really cheap (1 alc) gear to level to mid-60's in the Leveling section. Then you can farm the Lake to level up and get some currency. Don't id the rares you find in the Lake, vendor them for the unid 2c recipe. Use the Item Rarity gem there too: CtF - Echo - Leech - EF - IIR - AoE(6S).
Been following this build very carefully and im currently level 82 HC proph, works very well. Tankiest build i ever played actually.
"
skazze wrote:
Been following this build very carefully and im currently level 82 HC proph, works very well. Tankiest build i ever played actually.

Currently about to start this in PHC aswell, would love to hear from you/anyone else currently playing Hardcore if they made any changes/tweaks to what the wonderfully insightful Kelv has outlined in the OP to make things 'safer'?

I assume while leveling if you can't wear Doedre's Damning (thus one curse) we just leave it to Blasphemy + Warlord's, when and if we can start wearing it (and get Whispering Doom) we can then use Temporal Chains (for 2nd) and Enfeeble (for 3rd)?
After some testing I am going to recommend the Lightning golem over Ice as the secondary golem.

Ice golem gives 40% increased damage and 60% increased crit chance (which results in 9.5% Icestorm crit chance). This is not a crit build, and we don't cast as often as the real crit builds do, 9.5% still won't be enough to trigger EO reliably (and we need Orb of Storms to trigger Mastermind too, not just EO). 40% inc damage is close to another Izaro jewel.

Lightning golem gives 18% increased cast and attack (Leap Slam) speed. Making Leap Slam go faster is always good. But the cast speed stacks multiplicatively with all our damage and results in higher overall DPS than a 40% Increased (additive) damage modifier.

Also, the Ice golem requires a green socket, and that's a major PITA. It means that either your gloves or your boots need 4 off-color sockets if you want to use the +1 level bonus in Black Sun for Discipline, Enlighten and Warlord's Mark (i.e. the top efficiency). Off-coloring 4 sockets in a new league is way too expensive.

Lightning golem it is!
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 15, 2016, 1:19:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info