[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

I don't Like the unwavering stance the tree looks just meh because of it -.-

Well i will try myself a wiz kind of this char out after my gems hit 20 WIthout it.
Right now i play kind of a raider variant of this

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAPuDPINfA5IEFgRDxEtES8RUBGWFdcXJhmKGmwc3B0UHb4i6iL0KPoqOCsKLJwspiy_L28zhzW5Nj03gzsNPL49X0cGSVFRdFJTVYVWSFZjV8lca13yX2pfcGJabAttGW1scLt6hHyDf8aCx4NthEiExYauh2WO6Y8aj0aP-pDWkyeXBpf0m6GbtZ2uoS-io6XLppmm66cIpyusmK-Nr5uv67QMtMW4k7vjvorBxcM6w23EosrT0NDVptgk2NXZE9vn35jkIud05-ro1uq66xTrY-vu7Bjv6_DV99f5M_66?accountName=Majin111&characterName=Euphemia_Li_Britannia

With all the phasing u definatly don't need the stun imunity ..

btw the double connection at the frenzy charge point is because i want to clean up the points at the shadow side a bit and want to connect through the middle.

And I also have one question..
Does anyone has a formula for effective es..
I don't know if its better to push dicipline through the aura nodes .
or es% at the witch tree for example.

Last edited by Majin111 on Jun 11, 2016, 10:18:58 AM
"
Booed wrote:
what do you think about going occultist?
you lose damage but you don't have to grab unwavering stance and the +1 curse node, which saves so many points that you could use to compensate the loss of dps?

wrong. in a combat situation, you will rarely be on full ES, so that this node does jackshit. it might prevent a stun occasionally, but its completely unreliable. therefore, the whole occultist idea wont work. the utility and damage we gain from the elementalist ascendancies are worth much more than the 3-4 points spent to get whispers of doom.
"
Majin111 wrote:
I don't Like the unwavering stance the tree looks just meh because of it -.-

Well i will try myself a wiz kind of this char out after my gems hit 20 WIthout it.
Right now i play kind of a raider variant of this

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAPuDPINfA5IEFgRDxEtES8RUBGWFdcXJhmKGmwc3B0UHb4i6iL0KPoqOCsKLJwspiy_L28zhzW5Nj03gzsNPL49X0cGSVFRdFJTVYVWSFZjV8lca13yX2pfcGJabAttGW1scLt6hHyDf8aCx4NthEiExYauh2WO6Y8aj0aP-pDWkyeXBpf0m6GbtZ2uoS-io6XLppmm66cIpyusmK-Nr5uv67QMtMW4k7vjvorBxcM6w23EosrT0NDVptgk2NXZE9vn35jkIud05-ro1uq66xTrY-vu7Bjv6_DV99f5M_66?accountName=Majin111&characterName=Euphemia_Li_Britannia

With all the phasing u definatly don't need the stun imunity ..

Why wouldn't you need stun immunity with phasing? Does phasing prevent stuns? The wiki doesn't mention it, and none of the Raider nodes give any protection against stuns while phasing unless I'm missing something. Heart of Oak could help, though. Does it stack additively or multiplicatively with the inherent 50% stun protection ES gives? If it's additive, then it is pretty close to stun immunity, if it's multiplicative I don't think it would be enough.

Also, remember that you get around 180 int on the way down to Unwavering Stance with two Brute Force Solution jewels. It's not a great amount of damage per point, but it's not like all those points are completely wasted.

"

And I also have one question..
Does anyone has a formula for effective es..
I don't know if its better to push dicipline through the aura nodes .
or es% at the witch tree for example.

The formula for effective ES is (Total Base ES)*(Total % Increased ES (including 1% increased per 5 int))*(More ES multiplier (i.e. the one after CI)).

With a level 20 Discipline, 1% increased aura effectiveness gives about 3 base ES. So the Influence cluster is worth around 60 base ES total, which seems pretty solid (and it goes up a little bit if you have a higher level of Discipline from corruption or Black Sun Crest). Clusters with smaller amounts of aura effectiveness aren't as great (Sovereignty around 48, Leadership 36, Charisma only 18).

Whether flat ES or % ES is better depends on how much of each you have. In the case of this build, I suspect flat ES is usually better, since you have a ton of % increased ES from int already but not as much flat ES as a normal CI build (since you're missing ES from a helmet and shield), but to be sure you'd have to either do some testing in game or figure out your total base ES and % increased ES in order to calculate it.

At the very least, my guess is that Influence and Foresight would be the two best ways to increase your ES if you don't feel like you have enough with OP's tree. Influence just gives a huge amount of ES with Discipline, and Foresight's combo of % and flat ES probably beats most of the other nodes that only give one or the other.
well as a raider u get status immunity while phasing ...
I thought this include stun ^^
And heart of the Oak is not added ... there are 2 different instances of check.
So it multiplicative
Equip right now
"

i have a lot of different pairs of boots / gloves / double resi jewels to change the resis around.

And well i still have no enfeebe or temporal chains..
I plan to run only enfeebe when i get the + curse on my amu.

mfg
Majin
Last edited by Majin111 on Jun 11, 2016, 11:10:57 PM
"
Majin111 wrote:
well as a raider u get status immunity while phasing ...
I thought this include stun ^^

Elemental status immunity. Stun isn't an elemental status effect, only ignite, shock, and chill/freeze are. So raider can drop Auxium if you want to get a belt with resists instead, but stuns still have a 32% chance to get through, which can still be enough to get chain stunned really easily if you get surrounded. Granted, the dodging you get can help with that, and you can always use that new unique flask that gives stun immunity (although only for 2.5 seconds), but you're still at risk of getting stunned.
Currently leveling, going early CI is pretty fun :P

Which uniques should I be using until I get a perandus signet? They're going for 1ex+ atm :S
"
villur wrote:

Which uniques should I be using until I get a perandus signet? They're going for 1ex+ atm :S

no uniques, just take a rare ring with int, the res you need and, if possible, flat es.

you can, for example, use this search template:
http://poe.trade/search/hiwokakiomomoo
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
villur wrote:

no uniques, just take a rare ring with int, the res you need and, if possible, flat es.

you can, for example, use this search template:
http://poe.trade/search/hiwokakiomomoo

Why do you recommend going Liege of the Primordial first and Mastermind of Dischord last? Liege of the Primordial gives around 100% increased damage if you use fire and ice golems, or around 60% and some attack and cast speed if you use a lightning golem instead of ice. That's strong, but is it as strong as the 25% pen you get from Mastermind of Dischord?

Or is it more about not needing to trigger Dischord with Orb of Storms or Dischord having Pendulum as a prerequisite?

Had good fun with this so far - I specced out of Potency of Will and rushed down to Unwavering early - I am thinking about picking up leadership and Foresight instead of going back down to Potency will need to get into lab and see what the damage is like without it.
TFIGEGKTB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info