[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Hi, I would like to know the damage difference between Izaro's Jewel and a rare jewel.
"
Slowdice2 wrote:
Hi!

I was able to get a good deal on below rings.

Spoiler

they were both sold by the same Person for 1ex each. But when I ask to buy one he offered me both for 1ex 30C.

I think this was to good to pass even if this build is using only 1 Perandus Signets.
In Worst case i may be able to sell one for 1.5 ex and would get 1 for free ;)

But with 2 leg Perandus Rings that get me thinking about other possibilities:

1. If I would use only 2 Curses would you take Enfeeble or Temporal Chains

2. Windscream is not very good for our build, but is it that bad? Would have more Int and Dmg with 1 Windscream and 2 Perandus instead of Rare Boots, Perandus and Doedre. But my ES will get a hit i think.

3 Month is a long time to wait for a +1 Curse Astramentis and doesn't it cost lots of currency. There are several outcomes if you vaal an Amulet and if you need 100 try even if it only cost 4c in Prophecy it is lots of currency.

Grats on the great deal!

You want to keep both rings in any case. For speed runs through easy maps while leveling you don't need 3 curses. Simply replace Doedre's with the 2nd Perandus for Gorge/Plateau/Springs/etc. WM aura will always take precedence, and it doesn't matter which other curse lands on those weak mobs. 3% xp bonus is good.

The previous (dual-curse) version of this build was using Enfeeble in the lv 20 CWDT - IC link. You can definitely do that, it's just less safe in the high tiers with mods. The 3rd curse is totally worth sacrificing some ES and DPS. I could not facetank Core Malachai with 2 curses, his tentacles were just too much. But with 3 curses he's a punching bag. That's the difference.

Windscream is not very good for this build. You can do that, but the lack of movement speed is very annoying, also bad for hard encounters where you want mobility (Daresso etc).

Prophecy league is a fantastic opportunity to get a +1 curse Astramentis. That's two leagues in a row where they are cheap. I got one in Perandus, but wasn't using it in the videos because I don't want to make the build look expensive, you can do everything with low budget gear. But since the +1 Astra is becoming so much more available, I'm thinking about adding a Luxury Upgrades section for stuff like that. And with a +1 Astra you will definitely want to keep the 2nd Perandus.

Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 9, 2016, 1:21:32 PM
"
zeus242 wrote:
does elemental focus double dip damage out damage going controlled destruction gem + elemental conflux from ascendancy tree?

Elemental Focus is 50% MORE damage. Controlled Destruction is 45% MORE damage. Therefore EF is better.

Elemental Conflux Asc node is not as good as Mastermind of Discord. Conflux only works when you are constantly killing, i.e. only on trash. But we already have enough dps to clear even T15 maps quickly. Mastermind is excellent against bosses. Drop a fresh Orb of Storms every 10 sec and you have a permanent +25% penetration, which usually amounts to about 20% MORE damage against bosses.

"
hkbutubaman wrote:
Hi, I would like to know the damage difference between Izaro's Jewel and a rare jewel.

Simply add the numbers on the Increased X Damage mods (that work with this build) and +Int mods. Whichever jewel has the higher total is better. Int gives about the same damage as Increased. However, Int is better because it also adds ES. I consider 7-8 Int about the same as 10% Increased damage.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 9, 2016, 2:12:23 PM
If we are converting all cold damage into fire do we still need cold damage in tree/jewels?

And why not use Pyre Ring?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pyre
Last edited by Inferius90 on Jun 10, 2016, 4:44:36 AM
Both the Cold and Fire Dmg Increase from our Passive Tree will increase our damage.

As far as I understand in harder fights we should always cast an Orb of Storm. Can't we link the Curse on Hit with Orb of Storm and skip the CwDT / CoH Setup?

"
Slowdice2 wrote:
Both the Cold and Fire Dmg Increase from our Passive Tree will increase our damage.

As far as I understand in harder fights we should always cast an Orb of Storm. Can't we link the Curse on Hit with Orb of Storm and skip the CwDT / CoH Setup?

Yeah this sounds better.
And maybe add increased AOE for orb. Or Chain - not sure if its gonna work with curse on hit
And orb triggers Elemental Overload itself too
Last edited by Inferius90 on Jun 10, 2016, 5:11:30 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I'm thinking about adding a Luxury Upgrades section for stuff like that. And with a +1 Astra you will definitely want to keep the 2nd Perandus.

For a Luxury Upgrade you could link Baarlord's Equipment with his insane Amulet ;)

I have to say that I like this Build and it is very strong. Wasn't able to do Cruel Lab with my Firestorm build. Switching to this Build and gear up Cruel Lab is a joke.
In the first Izaro fight i wanted to first destroy the 3 Devices that make him stronger. When i drop an Icestorm on the second Device he was already running away from me in fear.

I am in Act 2 Merc now but I can already do T7 maps. That's strange :)

Last edited by Slowdice2 on Jun 10, 2016, 8:23:41 AM
Hey guys, anyone have any experience with uber izaro yet? I'm pretty slow this league so it'll probably take me a while to even get there, but I'm a little worried about how hard uber izaro hits (especially if buffed for keys) vs. the only mitigation I usually run on CI whispeing ice, which is enfeeble and sometimes fortify. I'm not too worried about one-shots, but it's usually when I can't leech fast enough which is the problem. Thanks for your time!
"
Tzarbite wrote:
Hey guys, anyone have any experience with uber izaro yet? I'm pretty slow this league so it'll probably take me a while to even get there, but I'm a little worried about how hard uber izaro hits (especially if buffed for keys) vs. the only mitigation I usually run on CI whispeing ice, which is enfeeble and sometimes fortify. I'm not too worried about one-shots, but it's usually when I can't leech fast enough which is the problem. Thanks for your time!

its no big deal, just throw down an orb of storms and then start pre-stacking icestorms on yourself. use an increased armour granite flask before izaro starts his slash/smash since it snapshots! once you survive the first hit, he has enfeeble and temp chains on him and its very easy to outleech him if you just continue casting icestorms.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAPuBAcOSBBYES0RUBGWEzUV1xekGGoZLhpsHNwdFB1PHb4fAiftKPopTyo4LJwsvy0fM4c1uTbFOVI62DwFPQ89X0VHRnFMs1F0UlNWSFZjVw1YB13yXypfal-wZlRqHmo7bRlvnny7f8aCm4LHgwmD94TFhXuGrodljHaOvo7pjxqPRo_6kPqSwZMnlSCX9Juhm7Wdrp48oS-io6aZpwinK6-Nr5uvp7QMtQS4k76KwGbBxcHzwzrEFcT2ykrK09DQ0iHUB9Wm2CTZYdyN323fsOQi6-Tr7uwY7DjvfA==?accountName=tweedacus&characterName=WhisperingMazra

Gear:

Ring i changed from:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info