[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

So what is the best accendancy class for it? elementalist or occ?
Im struggling to max my resists at the moment and while me gear is certainly high es and high int
its struggling with resists any advice
here is my gear
you could get some better rings with the resistances you need and drop doedre for the moment. i am following this build and i find that it will be complicated to cap resistance once i change to black sun crest and doedre ring. another thing is it looks like low dps for me atm i have 2.4k tooltip but i am not using a second curse nor have 6 sockets and not level 20 gems i guess it is going to get better after i get the 6th socket and level 20 gems.

Last edited by sipsi32 on Jun 23, 2016, 12:15:04 AM
"
Madgod wrote:
Im struggling to max my resists at the moment and while me gear is certainly high es and high int
here is my gear

some pieces of your gear i.e. belt are just super bad. You can pickup belts for a few C that has tri res. At this point it is easy to get max res. You will struggle later when you get your second Perendus ring and Auxium. This is my gear and I am capped with every res BUT fire. I am around 65+ which is fine as you are running AA but it will be capped at some point. I did normal atziri last night and I didnt even move out the way of anything 9k + dps and over 8.3k es.

These are my items, as I said even with the high res I am just capped and I have a jewel that gives 11 to fire and cold res. The struggle becomes real later on.

PS: OP, the hardest thing at the moment as my gear is somewhat capped (just need a proper ES Chest and similar boots with 30% MS) is to get +1 on curses QQ - So hard :(

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
Kelemn wrote:
intre
Yeah i know but i got lucky and got this one, i was asking if you have advice to get high ES crafted mod with this one. I am not used to crafting.

It might be expensive, but chaos spam.
"
fkfkfk100 wrote:

It depends on your personal preference. For dps, Elementalist. Occultist just gives you the 20% increased ES and the 1% shield regen, which I don't know if it applies as you are using vaal pact. I'd take Elementalist.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Raider is exactly for trash reasons. You one shot trash either way. Raider allows you to move and cast faster, i.e. clear maps faster, get xp and level faster. Slayer's 30% Increased (not MORE) mod against bosses and culling strike are too minor to care about, except for party play. There is a recent post in the Scion thread with an example of a play style where Slayer is better than Raider. But for most Scion players Raider is better.

Ok, then it's just a matter of preference. If you prefer to clear maps faster or to do higher damage to bosses.

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Reflect is the biggest threat to the Scion. Almost all of my deaths on the Scion after lv 92 (except Uber and Core) were to reflect. Sometimes things happen when you are not expecting them and before you can react. Like an almost instant RIP in a reflect map when you get cursed by a necromancer or a hexfont that's not even on the screen yet. After lv 95 I started just avoiding reflect maps. Witch doesn't have this problem. At all. Most of the time you won't even notice that the map is reflecting.

That's exactly the reason why taking Elementalist for reflect reasons is a bad idea. I told in a previous post that the streamer AngryAA died as Elementalist Whispering Ice in the Prophecy Hardcore league to reflect. He was in a reflect map and he did not realize he was standing on shocking ground, then he ripped. Also can happen that you can meet a reflect mob on a reflect map, and that's a sure death even with Elementalist. As accidents can happen, you should not be rolling elem ref maps as Elementalist at all, and in that case it doesn't matter if you are Elementalist or Ascendant. My suggestion to be safer is to go dual Blasphemy curse and use Arctic Armour, for the less damage taken from fire.

I've also read your previous post about Potency of Will. Another reason to take Scion, you get easy access to Exceptional Performance.
"
fkfkfk100 wrote:

Are you asking in general, like which build is better, or something?

For this build, Elementalist is the only way to go. Occultist would be a complete waste of potential here.

"
Madgod wrote:
here is my gear

The rare ring should be your resist capper. It's not hard to find an inexpensive ring with 50+ Int and all your missing resists. Here's mine (iirc I paid 6c for it):

Also, remember that you will get a lot of resists with Diamond Skin (lv 84).

That belt... are you below lv 70 still? You should be wearing Auxium from lv 70.

"
intre wrote:
That's exactly the reason why taking Elementalist for reflect reasons is a bad idea. I told in a previous post that the streamer AngryAA died as Elementalist Whispering Ice in the Prophecy Hardcore league to reflect. He was in a reflect map and he did not realize he was standing on shocking ground, then he ripped. Also can happen that you can meet a reflect mob on a reflect map, and that's a sure death even with Elementalist. As accidents can happen, you should not be rolling elem ref maps as Elementalist at all, and in that case it doesn't matter if you are Elementalist or Ascendant. My suggestion to be safer is to go dual Blasphemy curse and use Arctic Armour, for the less damage taken from fire.

I've also read your previous post about Potency of Will. Another reason to take Scion, you get easy access to Exceptional Performance.

I disagree completely. That streamer should have known better than to run a reflect map in HC with an elemental dps build. That's an inexcusable mistake for a HC player, let alone a skilled streamer. He was basically asking for it.

And no, meeting a reflect rare in a reflect map is not a sure death at all for the Witch Elementalist. I've done a bunch of reflect maps already with this build. A reflective rare just makes my ES bubble fluctuate slightly more. I don't even carry a Ruby flask on the Witch (but I would bring one if it was reflect + more bad mods). Fortify is enough to completely negate the extra reflect. I could make a video of the Witch doing ele reflect maps as a demo, but I thought the Atziri Mirror would be enough to demonstrate the power of the 2.3 Elementalist.

Accidents can happen - to the Scion. Sure, I haven't been playing the Witch as long as the Scion yet, but so far (3 weeks) I haven't had a single reflect accident on the Witch. I really think there is a big difference when it comes to ele reflect.

As for the extended duration nodes, that's not a reason to pick one version over the other. Those nodes are taken before lv 60 in either version.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 23, 2016, 2:03:48 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

As for the extended duration nodes, that's not a reason to pick one version over the other. Those nodes are taken before lv 60 in either version.

So you are taking Potency of Will and Exceptional Performance as Witch under lvl60.

Is that Jewel as good as Izaro 20/20 rolls?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info