LiftingNerdBro Reveals Three New Unique Jewels!

"
trav_dawg wrote:
Cool jewels but wtf on that formula? That's not even close to how the jewel describes it works. Should be Value of the jewel * number of Grand Specs used. Where the hell does the third multiplication come from and how does that make any sense?

EDIT: With the formula he provided, using 10x of the 75 armor jewel would be as follows:

75 * 10 * 10 which would be 7500 armor.

The wording states 75 per grand spectrum, but you are actually getting 750 per grand spectrum. That is not math, it's wrong in so many ways :S

The entire point of the grand spectrum jewels is that the effect multiplies depending on how many you use. Once you have 10 elemental grand spectrum jewels at once, you're gaining 60% elemental damage for each jewel, and you have 10 of them allocated, so 600% total elemental damage.
"
trav_dawg wrote:
Cool jewels but wtf on that formula? That's not even close to how the jewel describes it works. Should be Value of the jewel * number of Grand Specs used. Where the hell does the third multiplication come from and how does that make any sense?

EDIT: With the formula he provided, using 10x of the 75 armor jewel would be as follows:

The wording states 75 per grand spectrum, but you are actually getting 750 per grand spectrum. That is not math, it's wrong in so many ways :S

It makes sense though. A red Grand Spectrum will get 75 armor per Grand Spectrum you wear. So if you wear 10 Grand Spectrum jewels regardless of color, that particular red one will get 750 armor. Now if you wear 10 red ones, each one will have 750 armor for a total of 7500
"
trav_dawg wrote:

You get 75 per grand spectrum 10 times. In other words the final value is

75 * 10 + 75 * 10 + 75 * 10 + 75 * 10 + 75 * 10 + 75 * 10 + 75 * 10 + 75 * 10 + 75 * 10 + 75 * 10 = (75 * 10) * 10 = 7500

In short: 75[armor per jewel] * 10[number of that particular jewel] * 10[number of grand spectrum jewels]
"

Sadly I have to destroy your dreams. Sacntuary of Thought doesn't work like that.

Let's say you have 2500 flat mana.. so you would get 625 flat (scaleable).
If you have like 200% increased mana, you would get in the end around 7500 mana.
Sadly the es you get from the increased mana isn't scaleable (non flat).
So besides to the 625 flat es, you would get 1250 non scaleable es.
It's still nice, but not as good as expected.

Nevertheless, the idea is still good if you use the mana for MoM (so no ci).
So you would get easily like 7500+ mana, 7k+ es (probably with good equip 10k es possible?) and 5k life shouldnt be so hard to get.

Question is, if the costs for the jewel slots are worth it.. honestly didn't test/compared it.

I'm pretty confused by this.

So, if I have 2500 flat mana from jewels and level/etc, and 250% increased mana, I'll have 8750 total mana.

So is Sanctuary of thought not then taking 8750*.25 = 2188 flat ES, which then is increased by %ES nodes on the tree? It really seems like it should, because the node says "% of max mana gained as extra max ES", and % increase nodes say "% increased max ES".
NM, I think I understand the math now. But it's totally not obvious from the description.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 30, 2016, 1:44:15 AM
"
Kroughfire wrote:
"

Sadly I have to destroy your dreams. Sacntuary of Thought doesn't work like that.

Let's say you have 2500 flat mana.. so you would get 625 flat (scaleable).
If you have like 200% increased mana, you would get in the end around 7500 mana.
Sadly the es you get from the increased mana isn't scaleable (non flat).
So besides to the 625 flat es, you would get 1250 non scaleable es.
It's still nice, but not as good as expected.

Nevertheless, the idea is still good if you use the mana for MoM (so no ci).
So you would get easily like 7500+ mana, 7k+ es (probably with good equip 10k es possible?) and 5k life shouldnt be so hard to get.

Question is, if the costs for the jewel slots are worth it.. honestly didn't test/compared it.

I'm pretty confused by this.

So, if I have 2500 flat mana from jewels and level/etc, and 250% increased mana, I'll have 8750 total mana.

So is Sanctuary of thought not then taking 8750*.25 = 2188 flat ES, which then is increased by %ES nodes on the tree? It really seems like it should, because the node says "% of max mana gained as extra max ES", and % increase nodes say "% increased max ES".
^

No, it's not and it never was like that.
In your calculation you would basically increase something what is already increased.
There were already topics like: Why increases my Pledge of Hands my final es only by 150es? Crappy node?
Here's an explanation of ggg: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1647563/page/1

In your example you would get 625 flat es due to the 2500 flat mana.
Your additional 6250 mana (what you gained from inc. mana nodes) stacks only additively.
So you would get 1562,5 es (non scaleable).

Let's say you have all in all 200% inc. es. So you would end up with 1875es + 1562,5es -> 3437,5es
wow, interesting :)
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
Wow this spectrum jewels grant stupid amounts of power!
The exponential scaling potential is absurdly high for the current iteration of them shown.

The Crimson one is very powerfull - it can provide a zero armour build with tons of armour which you normaly would never be able to achieve.

The Veridian one is OP and should be nerfed immidiatly before it even get's into the game. 6% elemental damage base is to much for its exponential scaling potantial when you reach 10+ jewels.
The elemental damage should be lowerd to 5% or maybe even 4% before release for balance reasons!
This jewel will lead to the creation of super tanky high damage builds in the future.

The Cobalt one is currently the weakest of them because of only granting mana - currently there is nothing that powerfull you can do with absurd mana values in this game compered to the other 2 jewels introduced. MoM comes into mind to create absurd high effective life pools - but nothing that CI/Low Life/Kaom's Heart users can't already do. The Hierophant Ascendancy only grants extra maximum ES on top based on mana; since it doesn't scale with %ES nodes it is not that great over all. In short:

- maximum mana grants no additional damage
- maximum mana grants no additional ifepool which you can't achieve otherwise more effectivly
- maximum mana grants no additional secondary defences
- maximum mana grants doesn't grant access to skils gated by mana cost you can't bypass/solve otherwise
- maximum mana grants no additioanl effective unique mechanic which is worth building around

Currently in PoE scaling mana is mostly worthless for most classes out there - i only can see one abusive situation currently - going guardian and stacking tons of "scaleable ES" to be even more tanky. This could be nice for some specific builds but the use of this jewel is definitly limited at the moment.

If GGG decides to implement some other cool mechanics for mana in the future I can see this jewel be great.
"

No, it's not and it never was like that.
In your calculation you would basically increase something what is already increased.
There were already topics like: Why increases my Pledge of Hands my final es only by 150es? Crappy node?
Here's an explanation of ggg: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1647563/page/1

In your example you would get 625 flat es due to the 2500 flat mana.
Your additional 6250 mana (what you gained from inc. mana nodes) stacks only additively.
So you would get 1562,5 es (non scaleable).

Let's say you have all in all 200% inc. es. So you would end up with 1875es + 1562,5es -> 3437,5es

I thought that since it was added as "extra" damage, it did function as a multiplier. Obviously, the post contradicts me, so I've been doing my math wrong for so long. Idk why I though extra damage was different than converted damage. I guess it doesn't really make sense for Hatred with 100% increased ele damage to double the effective bonus of Hatred.

So, with the way it actually is, ES with 12 jewels and 250% mana and 300% ES would be
2500 mana * .25 * (1+2.5 + 3) = 4000 ES (the CI 15% more ES% node would still apply to this I'm assuming)

Which isn't a bad amount, certainly, but it might not be enough to give up the 1000% inc ele damage you get from the viridian jewels. Restarting my theorycrafting. :)
Last edited by Kroughfire on May 30, 2016, 2:29:55 AM
My suspicion is that these jewels will be almost as hard to find as Perandus Lockers or Perandus chest guardians.

Not that I'm bitter.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info