LiftingNerdBro Reveals Three New Unique Jewels!

Now we know why they nerfed scion ascendancy. Sigh.
I wonder if these are prophecy league only.
Per each huh, so does that mean its multiplicative and stacks?
So if you have 7 grand spectrum viridian, that will be 7*7*6?
IF not, a decently rolled magic jewel is probably better all of them.
After all, almost 300% increased elemental damage is pretty OP, so I doubt it would be that awesome.
Last edited by HedgeMoney on May 31, 2016, 10:53:50 PM
"
HedgeMoney wrote:

So if you have 7 grand spectrum viridian, that will be 7*7*6?

That is exactly how it works - except that it was already nerfed to 5% instead of 6%. They also scale off the other grand spectrums.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
people claim there is no way to balance this jewels, and that they are stupid 'cose you can scale it too easely, i think there is a way to balance them and make them more funny, add a simple and tiny negative effect to the jewel, for exemple

"5% increase elemental damage per grand spectrum
-0.5% attack speeed per grand spectrum"

"gain 15 mana per grand spectrum
-0.02% life regen per second per grand spectrum"

or even a downside that can be mitigated from the others jewels, like
"+75 armour per grand spectrum, -1 mana per grand spectrum"

in my opinion an assect like this make them more funny and it's harder make build around them, 'cose if you take too many jew-s for allocate them, you have to compensate their downsides and spend passives on the tree
wow, not too shabby. its more powerful the more you get. this seems like a redundant statement but check it out.
for the elemental damage one, even if it was already nerfed to 5% as said above...

5 jewel sockets (pretty easy to get) will net you 5x5x5 = 125% bonus elemental damage, which is MASSIVE, but using 10 doesn't double the amount to 250, its 10x10x5 = 500%!!!! which is 4x the power instead of 2x.

if you don't have many jewel sockets, it isn't worth it. if you can get a bunch, its definitely worth it.

in the build im currently playing i can get 6 jewel sockets with 12 passive points. that would give me a benefit of 6x6x5 = 180% bonus elemental damage. that is an average of 15% per passive point, which is actually quite enormous.
compare that to 56% for 5 passives at shadow start (11.2% per passive point) or even 71% lightning damage for 5 passives north of witch start (14.2% per passive point).

you'd be very hard pressed to match that with rare jewels, and it would probably be much more expensive. lets say you can average 20% increased damage per jewel, x6 is only 120%.
rares would still be better overall if you could afford 6x jewels that had 3 good relevant mods to your build, but again that would be extremely expensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info