LiftingNerdBro Reveals Three New Unique Jewels!

aaaand nerfed
"
marcos459 wrote:
aaaand nerfed

Now it's in the realm of sensible. Crit builds will get about as much DPS, with the added benefit of surgeon's flasks.
Cobalt over powered.

We get 15 whole mana?
Whelp.

Nerfed from 6% to 5%.

This type of thing just seems like a really bad idea, ad impossible to balance, tbh.

It would be much better if there was a limit of 8 of each kind of Grand Spectrum Jewel, or 12 total, or something. Otherwise you are going to have to nerf them so much because of the single build which can abuse it, that it becomes completely unusable in all other forms.

Also, with regard to that mana one... Can it be buffed? Since finding out that completely investing in it as a Hierophant isn't even close to OP, I feel like it's just super weak. Could each one maybe give 2% mana regen per jewel, or maybe 1 int per jewel? At least that way you'd be getting *something* else from it, if you're worried about the amount of mana being op.
"
Kroughfire wrote:
... Otherwise you are going to have to nerf them so much because of the single build which can abuse it, that it becomes completely unusable in all other forms.

This is the truth. of this gem - it will end up being only useful for a build that fully abuses it and worthless for everything else - but then again, that also sounds fun, a jewel type that forces a max-amount of jewels build.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
The 6% elemental damage one has been nerfed to 5%. Even with 5% it (and the Armor one as well) is still too strong though.

I also dislike the mechanic. It is too much "all or nothing". It would be better if it would be a combination of a lower quadratic boon with a fixed stat gain.

250 Armor + 40 Armor per Grand Spectrum
15% elemental damage + 3% per Grand Spectrum

Something similar has been done with other unique jewels already: Anatomical Knowledge, Brute Force Solution, Efficient Training, etc.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
at 5% the jewel is comparable at 10 of them to a 10 good 3 stat rare jewel tree or a good ele tree.
It still gets pretty wild at 11+ but it's harder to get to that point and still get the keystones/life you need for a good build.
So I'd say at least the ele portion of the jewel is fairly balanced now.
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on May 31, 2016, 2:32:21 AM
"
Rafein wrote:
Cobalt over powered.

We get 15 whole mana?

using them alone isn't the best idea.
they seem to work better in a mixture with other grandspectrum jewels. if there would be 2 cobalt jewels in total of 10 of grandspectrum jewels, it would give 150 mana each cobalt jewel and ending up in total 300, which is further multiplied with mana increases. Using pledge of hands and some nodes maybe hierophant mana nodes too its quite easy to get 300% mana increase which will increase 300 flat mana into 1200 which is pretty reasonable.
Last edited by Andrius319 on May 31, 2016, 5:14:48 AM
another nerf to 4% maybe next month

but wtf GGG should let people make some free exalt from those craps BEFORE nerf it omg
"
Sfp4 wrote:
Skip to 34 seconds and pause, no need to watch any more of it.

Since you are so bitter, I watched this vid mainly because LiftingNerdBro made it. The info I could just google

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info