LiftingNerdBro Reveals Three New Unique Jewels!

Last edited by Qiox on May 30, 2016, 3:20:02 AM
These can be used for chaos conversion too. Can probably reach higher chaos damage numbers than pre-nerf. Spell totem was boosted a bit as well. Reflect wont matter much then.

IMO these should have a limit of something like 4 or 5 per type. The mana one could get an upgrade then though.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
So there's a multiplicative scaling now?
Uhm.... That's risky, GGG. I really hope that works out.
Maybe have a limit of 5 per type, and then raise/lift it when it goes ok?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
this is confusing. the wording on the jewel makes it sound like you just add the values of the jewels -grand spectrum- (15 mana x 5 grand spectrum jewels socketed=75 mana). but then the math throws an extra multiplier in. i understand that your mana % nodes and anything on gear will take effect. but i dont understand where his extra multiplier is coming from. (why total of that variant & then again total "grand spectrum". thats not what the wording on the jewel implies.) anyone who doesnt see this vid wont know bc the text doesnt make it clear. (not to mention it seems insanely op) if his math is wrong then the jewels seem like vendor trash or only useful for lvl 1-30 leveling. so whats going on?
Last edited by awave on May 30, 2016, 3:51:26 AM
"
awave wrote:
this is confusing. the wording on the jewel makes it sound like you just add the values of the jewels -grand spectrum- (15 mana x 5 grand spectrum jewels socketed=75 mana). but then the math throws an extra multiplier in. i understand that your mana % nodes and anything on gear will take effect. but i dont understand where his extra multiplier is coming from. (why total of that variant & then again total "grand spectrum". thats not what the wording on the jewel implies.) anyone who doesnt see this vid wont know bc the text doesnt make it clear. (not to mention it seems insanely op) if his math is wrong then the jewels seem like vendor trash or only useful for lvl 1-30 leveling. so whats going on?

I guess you mess something up.
If you wear 5 jewels, each jewel would give 75 mana, what would end up in 375 mana.
You forgot that you have first 5 jewels, what would be already 75 mana, but you dont get 15 mana each jewel, since you have 5 of them.. it's stacking a lot.
For every following spectrum you're using, the effect of each jewel get's higher.
It's like 5x 15 x 5 (5 jewel x 15 mana x 5 spectrums).
Last edited by Toaster404 on May 30, 2016, 4:03:23 AM
"
awave wrote:

Hmm in my opinion the wording on the jewels is crystal clear, I had a pretty spot-on idea of what they are doing as soon as I read the text.

If you have x jewels giving y*stat per jewel (ie giving y*stat * x) you get
x * y*stat * x

=x²*y stat

(this is the simple case of having grand spectrums of only one colour)

And please don't call that exponential growth (saw that in the thread), it's simple quadratic growth. Exponential growth is something completely different.
Last edited by gonaldinho on May 30, 2016, 4:10:37 AM
"
gonaldinho wrote:

If you have x jewels giving y*stat per jewel (ie giving y stat * x) you get
x * y*stat * x

=x²*y stat

Multiplyning colourful crystals isn't normal. On PoE it is. Math, not even once!
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.
"
LostArtz wrote:
Viridian seems okay, Crimson and Cobalt don't pack enough bang for the buck. LNB, I love you, but 10 jewel slots? What build actually gets 10? 5 maybe. 7 At most. Even then I feel with 7 crimsons that 3675 amour isn't worth it. Why trade 3.7k armour for 35%-49% Inc. Max Life and a tons of damage/leech/etc.?

The only class I can see really using these somewhat efficiently is Scion. I like the mechanic behind the jewels though. I just don't feel the Crimson and Cobalt are good enough to realistically see use, especially at 5+ on a build.

probably is a thing to not destroy completely the scion class, also, has interesting meccanics, like,you start to take jew and travel a lot for the tree, you get a lot of increase damage with jew slots, and then you start to keep nodes that usually you can't take, when i make a build, usually i'm very static in the tree, in that way i don't waste point to travel, but with this dinamic, is possible to trave and get a very unique build, aslo, armored ES witch, always welcome, or MoM marauder,lol
"
Kroughfire wrote:
"

Sadly I have to destroy your dreams. Sacntuary of Thought doesn't work like that.

Let's say you have 2500 flat mana.. so you would get 625 flat (scaleable).
If you have like 200% increased mana, you would get in the end around 7500 mana.
Sadly the es you get from the increased mana isn't scaleable (non flat).
So besides to the 625 flat es, you would get 1250 non scaleable es.
It's still nice, but not as good as expected.

Nevertheless, the idea is still good if you use the mana for MoM (so no ci).
So you would get easily like 7500+ mana, 7k+ es (probably with good equip 10k es possible?) and 5k life shouldnt be so hard to get.

Question is, if the costs for the jewel slots are worth it.. honestly didn't test/compared it.

I'm pretty confused by this.

So, if I have 2500 flat mana from jewels and level/etc, and 250% increased mana, I'll have 8750 total mana.

So is Sanctuary of thought not then taking 8750*.25 = 2188 flat ES, which then is increased by %ES nodes on the tree? It really seems like it should, because the node says "% of max mana gained as extra max ES", and % increase nodes say "% increased max ES".

in my opinion it works, i use a guardian, and reserving mana i get ES, the ES get also scaled with my base ES in fact i have basicaly 3.5k of mana, all reserved, and i have a lot of ES from there
"
kogilcane wrote:

in my opinion it works, i use a guardian, and reserving mana i get ES, the ES get also scaled with my base ES in fact i have basicaly 3.5k of mana, all reserved, and i have a lot of ES from there

It works for you, beause the Guardian and Hierophant node works completely different.
Also the nodes say completely different things: Grants maximum Energyshield equal to 15% of your reserved Mana.
It should be crystal clear, that it gives energyshield for your reserved mana.. so it doesn't matter if you get your mana due to inc mana nodes or due to base mana.
It just counts the reserved mana and gives "maximum" -> flat energyshield.

The Hierophant nodes says, that it gives 25% of Maximum Mana as extra Energyshield.

Mark of GGG:

"You are mistaken. Energy Shield modifiers definitely do apply to the conveted mana->es. Like with all things that use the conversion mechanics, it's also affected by modifiers to what it was (mana) and additive modifiers to either of these things apply additively. It's affected by increased mana and by increased energy shield, but those things are additive modifiers and will apply additively with each other."

Also there are dozens of topics about that wrong calculation of Sanctuary of Thought.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info