When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

"
miljan wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Nah, feel free to keep believing soo.

The funniest part about this is you still think 321 people is a relevant number. We could even use a more reasonable number of 30,000 active players (well within reason especially based off steam chart numbers) and it would still only be 1%

Feel free to keep thinking you kids are a "majority" though.

No, I dont think 321 is a relevant number.
What I do think that over 3 different polls done over few months that show very similar result actually show what community think about the lab. And that the thoughts of the community on the forum, reddit, youtube and similar are in direct response to what the whole community think about the lab.

But because people dont like those facts, they will always for any game, post same thing you did here, that think that silent majority has different opinion. Saw same crappy defense of d3 fanboys on their forum when it was released. Guess fanboys are not that much different from game to game.

3 polls with similar results show the exact same few people are voting regardless of being SPAMMED in practically every reddit and poe forum thread ive seen concerning the labyrinth.

Keep on going though, its hilarious.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Yeah, it's another retard hard thing to do in POE - next to play POE. I curse this game daily for how hard it can be.

Wreaclest is only fun because it isn't easy.

Things that would make me very happy:

-A refined Trading system
-Less difficult for fksake
-LESS DIFFICULT PLOX
-Drop rates - any % up would be swell.

But then again, I wouldn't play for long.
"
Ceri wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Feel free to keep thinking you kids are a "majority" though.

Yeah, you do that too.

I find it hilarious that the so-called majority labyrinth lovers has literally no arguments other than "git gud" or ridicule and scorn. Such powerful arguments, those. Which is why I've stopped posting about it, we're getting nowhere except hurling insults back and forth. Useless.

It should be more than obvious that no other feature introduced into the game has caused so much negative feedback. The near-absolute silence from GGG on this topic also shows that they are fully aware of that and hopefully listen to some of the great suggestions we've had from many people in the community. I'm fairly certain there's a lot of work going on at the office right now, they're trying hard to come up with solutions that makes it a better experience. Expecting anything else is silly. Obviously they're not going to scrap the Labyrinth, but hopefully they're going to tweak and tune it. Who knows, eventually it might actually be enjoyable. Right now, however, it sure isn't.
"Near absolute silence", no, they just dont like dealing with overly aggressive, overly sensitive self centered individuals. This can be seen any time a developer posts and its always the same people going after them.

The forums isnt a place for discussion anymore, its a place for perpetual bitching and moaning, which is why most people avoid the forums entirely now.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
So, to cut the long story short, we have two major problems with this poll.
1. Forum/Reddit poll isn't a good representative of the overall population because it might be just 200 whiners, 50 whiteknights and 50 random scrubs, because who else is visiting forums and reddit.
2. If they did it ingame right now it also wouldn't work because 'real players' are taking the time off between leagues and the only ones populating the leagues are diehard traders and jaded standard longriders that get zero excitement from the game anyway.

So, the closest we'll get to the true public opinion survey would be by releasing an ingame poll within the first month of Prophecy with the right to vote being granted after completing the labyrinth at least once on the account.

The measure is needed because hate is a much stronger emotion, creating multiple accounts to bash something via the poll is much more likely than doing the same to praise it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 28, 2016, 9:28:26 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
3 polls with similar results show the exact same few people are voting regardless of being SPAMMED in practically every reddit and poe forum thread ive seen concerning the labyrinth.

I know the truth hurts. Fact is 3 different polls with thousand of voters voted on two different sites in 3 different time period. Ignore all you want this facts, but they will be here to show you how wrong you are. Yes, it hilarious really to think the same type of fanboys from d3 are presented here.
"
raics wrote:
1. Forum/Reddit poll isn't a good representative of the overall population because it might be just 200 whiners, 50 whiteknights and 50 random scrubs, because who else is visiting forums and reddit.
2. If they did it ingame right now it also wouldn't work because 'real players' are taking the time off between leagues and the only ones populating the leagues are diehard traders and jaded standard longriders that get zero excitement from the game anyway.

So, the closest we'll get to the true public opinion survey would be by releasing an ingame poll within the first month of Prophecy with the right to vote being granted after completing the labyrinth at least once on the account.

The measure is needed because hate is a much stronger emotion, creating multiple accounts to bash something via the poll is much more likely than doing the same to praise it.

The best possible thing that could happen is the poll like they did for the flashback league. So they put it in announcement. It will show in game that people should go to the forum and vote. I mean in game poll will not happen, as they would need to program that shit and add it in the game.
Last edited by miljan on May 28, 2016, 9:34:54 AM
"
raics wrote:

It would have to get more in depth than a in game poll to be honest.

Even if they add an in game poll it would be near similar to straw polling because the completely lack of information regardless of the quantity of responses actually being high enough to warrant more accurate numbers.

The community itself both here and on reddit is often a hive mind mentality.

I remember i responded on reddit to someone a while back detailing how profitable labyrinth was, i got absolutely downvoted into oblivion with tons of negative responses. A week and a half later someone posts a thread detailing pretty much everything i said, gets upvoted to the front page and its tons of people singing nothing but praise for how it made them rich.

I honestly hate both the forums and reddit community purely for the large amount of hiveminding.

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on May 28, 2016, 9:33:36 AM
"
miljan wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

I know the truth hurts. Fact is 3 different polls with thousand of voters voted on two different sites in 3 different time period. Ignore all you want this facts, but they will be here to show you how wrong you are. Yes, it hilarious really to think the same type of fanboys from d3 are presented here.
Thousands of voters ? LMAO

Can you not read numbers ? Are you illiterate. Just this threads poll alone has 718, some of the others ive seen have had around 500-600.

Its the same people voting every time, the fact that you dont understand that is hilarious.

Edit - Literally just checked the two i know exist. 718, 815, same people voting. Likliness of it being entirely unique voters for each, extremely unlikely, even if that was the case, congrats you have just over 1500. That isnt "Thousands".

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on May 28, 2016, 9:44:14 AM
"
miljan wrote:
The best thing that could happen is the poll like they did for the flashback league. So they put it in announcement. It will show in game that people should go to the forum and vote.

Sure, that could work too.

Also, get 1 challenge on voting, people like incentives.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
I remember i responded on reddit to someone a while back detailing how profitable labyrinth was, i got absolutely downvoted into oblivion with tons of negative responses. A week and a half later someone posts a thread detailing pretty much everything i said, gets upvoted to the front page and its tons of people singing nothing but praise for how it made them rich.

True enough, seen it myself more than once.

But, if we absolutely need a poll I think that method would give us the best odds of getting something credible. Hivemind is less of an issue if you cut people off from one another, they will complete the lab at different times, vote at different times and (if done properly) there will be no accompanying thread to the poll where you might read something to skew your opinion.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 28, 2016, 9:42:43 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
The best thing that could happen is the poll like they did for the flashback league. So they put it in announcement. It will show in game that people should go to the forum and vote.

Sure, that could work too.

Also, get 1 challenge on voting, people like incentives.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

True enough, seen it myself more than once.

But, if we absolutely need a poll I think that method would give us the best odds of getting something credible. Hivemind is less of an issue if you cut people off from one another, they will complete the lab at different times, vote at different times and (if done properly) there will be no accompanying thread to the poll where you might read something to skew your opinion.
Imo, the best poll would be a poll specifically targeting concurrent players who reach maps because the arugment people are trying to use is that its "gated content" thats mandatory for mapping (it isnt, ive tested my non-ascended characters and they can do everything they did pre-2.2)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info