When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

Last time Chris gave us numbers before Perandus they said that they had 6 million registered accounts.

6,000,000 x 0.01 (1%) the amount of players that map it to end game maps according to their numbers.

Thats 60,000 players.

Now based on that lets used said forum numbers yet again from the polls, which is only slight higher than last time.

321 votes for "hating it" in this poll even though many of the other polls it was lower than this number.

321/60,000 = 0.00535

0.00535 x 100 = .535%

.535% of players who are hitting end game content hate the labyrinth.

lol its no where near 5% of the active player base who play this game end game.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Isdp wrote:
"
If you start doing stuff like that, you could say 27% hate it and 73% don't hate it.

Well that's pretty much what Chris did.
Extrapoling that "a minority hates the lab" and ignoring that a majority don't really like the feature as it is.

And that is what some ppl here are pointing over and over.
It's easy as a dev to say your playerbase dont hate something if you're not showing what are your sources.

Fun fact being that in two days we showed that there are more players not liking it than the opposite.

I think we need another poll of 0.1% of the population, since clearly GGG dont have figures they can check. You should email the results to them, or maybe fax it since maybe they can't use email either (perhaps they forgot their work logins).
"
mark1030 wrote:
If you start doing stuff like that, you could say 27% hate it and 73% don't hate it.

If you gonna do it your way, we can say only 5 % of the player love it. We should just scrap the lab.

"
Isdp wrote:

Well that's pretty much what Chris did.
Extrapoling that "a minority hates the lab" and ignoring that a majority don't really like the feature as it is.

And that is what some ppl here are pointing over and over.
It's easy as a dev to say your playerbase dont hate something if you're not showing what are your sources.

Fun fact being that in two days we showed that there are more players not liking it than the opposite.

I thought dividing the graph into 3 section is more revealing than 50%/50% split that some people suggest. People on the both end of the graph have strong opinions on the lab. People in the middle are neutral or don't have strong opinion of it. If you look at it this way, you will find a good majority are on either negative or neutral. People who are neutral shouldn't have suggest that it is a 50%/50% split, they neither love it or hate it.

Honestly the labyrinth is a love/hate thing for me.

I love getting more points to improve my build. The labyrinth in merciless is just high enough you can get chaos recipe from rare drops in there. Theres also the enchants you can craft onto your gear. but...

It has too many loading screens. If you die you start from the beginning. It gets a bit big so you get stuck with long empty maps if you entered a wrong path.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
miljan wrote:
Here is a new poll posted on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4lbzjr/please_rate_the_the_labyrinth_how_much_you_like/

http://www.strawpoll.me/10324751/r

By the time of writing this post there are 159 votes

1. 38 votes (24%)
2. 3 votes (2%)
3. 17 votes (11%)
4. 12 votes (8%)
5. 15 votes (9%)
6. 12 votes (8%)
7. 20 votes (13%)
8. 23 votes (14%)
9. 6 votes (4%)
10. 13 votes (8%)

53% voted negative, while 47% positive.

So, there is no real majority here, but the community is divided (at least from the people that voted).

Update. At this moment there are 812 total votes.

1. 208 votes (26%)
2. 61 votes (8%)
3. 91 votes (11%)
4. 64 votes (8%)
5. 69 votes (8%)
6. 66 votes (8%)
7. 95 votes (12%)
8. 85 votes (10%)
9. 36 votes (4%)
10. 37 votes (5%)

812 total votes

61% negative and 39% positive. So there is a tendency from more people that voted to go more to a negative side.
TIL Reddit is the reflexion of the community ~__~
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Last time Chris gave us numbers before Perandus they said that they had 6 million registered accounts.

6,000,000 x 0.01 (1%) the amount of players that map it to end game maps according to their numbers.

Thats 60,000 players.

Now based on that lets used said forum numbers yet again from the polls, which is only slight higher than last time.

321 votes for "hating it" in this poll even though many of the other polls it was lower than this number.

321/60,000 = 0.00535

0.00535 x 100 = .535%

am i blind here you combine 1% 60000 endgame user with a poll in the forum where it is crystal clear that not all payer participate in the forum
furthermore you extrapolate from this number
makes zero sense and its horrible math aswell

makes more sense to ask 100 player how many ppl in their friendlist play lab atm

i can tell you mine none none play lab and iam not the only one observing that

https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on May 28, 2016, 7:18:29 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Thats 60,000 players.

321/60,000 = 0.00535

0.00535 x 100 = .535%

am i blind here you combine 1% 60000 endgame user with a poll in the forum where it is crystal clear that not all payer participate in the forum

makes more sense to ask 100 player how many ppl in their friendlist play lab atm

If you weren't blind you'd realize that EVERY single poster here is extrapoling and assuming facts to get the conclusion they want. Honesty is nowhere to be found.
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
"
Jayserix wrote:
TIL Reddit is the reflexion of the community ~__~

It is, as same as this forum here. Both reddit and POE forum are reflection of the community. And the overall feel about the lab is very similar on both sides, and we got similar results. And that is that the community is very divided about the lab.
"
ventiman wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Thats 60,000 players.

321/60,000 = 0.00535

0.00535 x 100 = .535%

i can tell you mine none none play lab and iam not the only one observing that

No its not, it actually does make sense, maybe you should learn to read.

Edit - also loled, "friendslist". 100% of nothing isnt something, its zero.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on May 28, 2016, 7:50:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info