When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

"
miljan wrote:
Here is a new poll posted on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4lbzjr/please_rate_the_the_labyrinth_how_much_you_like/

http://www.strawpoll.me/10324751/r

By the time of writing this post there are 159 votes

1. 38 votes (24%)
2. 3 votes (2%)
3. 17 votes (11%)
4. 12 votes (8%)
5. 15 votes (9%)
6. 12 votes (8%)
7. 20 votes (13%)
8. 23 votes (14%)
9. 6 votes (4%)
10. 13 votes (8%)

53% voted negative, while 47% positive.

So, there is no real majority here, but the community is divided (at least from the people that voted).

If you split it into three section.

1. 70 votes (27%)
2. 11 votes (4%)
3. 26 votes (10%)

(41%) Negative

4. 20 votes (8%)
5. 23 votes (9%)
6. 17 votes (7%)
7. 29 votes (11%)

(35%) Middle

8. 33 votes (13%)
9. 11 votes (4%)
10. 19 votes (7%)

(24%) Positive

You might have a different interpretation.

Well, I have also made my opinion on lab pretty clear in past posts. So I won't bother going thru it all again.

I do *not* like the lab.

The evidence that i'm not the only one is clear enough, especially when all your friends, guild mates and associates agree.

Most of my guild mates walked away after seeing the inside of the lab for themselves.

In my opinion, GGG will come to regret this in the end.

I've been around online games long enough to know why.

That's all...

R.

"
Nizreb915 wrote:
Lab is some of ggg's best work. I love grinding it. Sure is funny how people playing a game from a company called grinding gear games want everything handed to them for nothing. I blame the entitlement generation.

so tell me ... what do you want to grind in there?

T1 maps?
ilvl 70 bases?
useless lab-only uniques?

the ONLY thing why ppl are running the lab is the (helm) enchants and those are not even neccessary!

if you can't dedicate several hours per day to POE you better invest your time doing something else than running the lab!
"
deathflower wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
Here is a new poll posted on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4lbzjr/please_rate_the_the_labyrinth_how_much_you_like/

http://www.strawpoll.me/10324751/r

By the time of writing this post there are 159 votes

1. 38 votes (24%)
2. 3 votes (2%)
3. 17 votes (11%)
4. 12 votes (8%)
5. 15 votes (9%)
6. 12 votes (8%)
7. 20 votes (13%)
8. 23 votes (14%)
9. 6 votes (4%)
10. 13 votes (8%)

53% voted negative, while 47% positive.

So, there is no real majority here, but the community is divided (at least from the people that voted).

If you split it into three section.

1. 70 votes (27%)
2. 11 votes (4%)
3. 26 votes (10%)

(41%) Negative

4. 20 votes (8%)
5. 23 votes (9%)
6. 17 votes (7%)
7. 29 votes (11%)

(35%) Middle

8. 33 votes (13%)
9. 11 votes (4%)
10. 19 votes (7%)

(24%) Positive

You might have a different interpretation.
If you start doing stuff like that, you could say 27% hate it and 73% don't hate it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
If you start doing stuff like that, you could say 27% hate it and 73% don't hate it.

Well that's pretty much what Chris did.
Extrapoling that "a minority hates the lab" and ignoring that a majority don't really like the feature as it is.

And that is what some ppl here are pointing over and over.
It's easy as a dev to say your playerbase dont hate something if you're not showing what are your sources.

Fun fact being that in two days we showed that there are more players not liking it than the opposite.

"
Isdp wrote:
we showed that there are more players not liking it than the opposite.

You shoved them, all right! What about all the players not lurking the forums? What about all the forum lurkers NOT entering the thread? Don't you think those two groups are the majority?

Let's make a straw poll about it... Oh, wait.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Just one statistic that's easy to find. In Steam the peak for players online today is ~6.2k (bottom is about 2.8k). According to ladders on GGG's page approximately 1.8k (116 of them in HC leagues!) players have done Merciless Labyrinth today (numbers taken about an hour before reset). What that actually means is open to quite a bit of interpretation.

How many people play through Steam vs using the GGG client (on some older Reddit discussions people estimated that steam was ~40%). I have no idea if that's true or not but maybe we can assume it's 50/50.

According to https://steamdb.info/app/238960/graphs/ there's been almost 150k Steam players during the last two weeks. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that there's at least 15k people who've played PoE through Steam today.

By our 50/50 assumption that would mean 30k players total during the day. Out of that 30k only 1.8k has done Merciless Labyrinth: 6% of the players. That 6% includes players who are just getting their Ascendancy points (~20% of these players used 30+ minutes in their run).

If these assumptions are anywhere near the truth it seems that only ~5%* of daily players are doing any voluntary Labyrinth runs. In HC leagues that number is even less (at least I don't think that SC has over 15 times more players but I may be wrong on this one considering that permanent HC is, to my knowledge, pretty dead).

That 5% doesn't seem to say that Labyrinth is popular and only disliked by minority. An expansion that only one in twenty players wants to play sounds more like a complete failure to me.

*If we assume 50/50 for Steam / GGG split and assume that half of the people on Labyrinth ladders each day are new we're very close to 5% again. This implies that 5% most likely isn't underestimation (if half of the people on ladders finish in 15 minutes or less they've most likely done the Labyrinth before).
Not that those numbers mean anything, but not running the lab and hating it are two different concepts. How many people ran Atziri today? I'd guess it's a small percentage of players. Does that mean that most people hate Atziri?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Not that those numbers mean anything, but not running the lab and hating it are two different concepts. How many people ran Atziri today? I'd guess it's a small percentage of players. Does that mean that most people hate Atziri?

Can you go kill Atziri whenever you want?

Comparing a 100% availability content with one gated behind farming/trading fragments makes no sense.

The easiest way to see lab acceptance is by checking how many ppl just did the lab to get their ascendancy points. A 5% of people repeating the lab is an absolute failure of expansion.
"
A 5% of people repeating the lab is an absolute failure of expansion.

Shhh don't tell that here.
You're going to be cruxified.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info