When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

"
Jayserix wrote:
"
ventiman wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Last time Chris gave us numbers before Perandus they said that they had 6 million registered accounts.

6,000,000 x 0.01 (1%) the amount of players that map it to end game maps according to their numbers.

Thats 60,000 players.

Now based on that lets used said forum numbers yet again from the polls, which is only slight higher than last time.

321 votes for "hating it" in this poll even though many of the other polls it was lower than this number.

321/60,000 = 0.00535

0.00535 x 100 = .535%

.535% of players who are hitting end game content hate the labyrinth.

lol its no where near 5% of the active player base who play this game end game.

am i blind here you combine 1% 60000 endgame user with a poll in the forum where it is crystal clear that not all payer participate in the forum
furthermore you extrapolate from this number
makes zero sense and its horrible math aswell

makes more sense to ask 100 player how many ppl in their friendlist play lab atm

If you weren't blind you'd realize that EVERY single poster here is extrapoling and assuming facts to get the conclusion they want. Honesty is nowhere to be found.
Im not bending the numbers though, im making the assumption based on FACTUAL numbers we do know.

We know that 1% of the total accounts have made it to endgame maps, this number is actually probably higher after perandus.

Anyways the numbers here represent the population that makes it to end game thus more than likely is or has done merciless labyrinth. This entire argument is vocal minority vs silent majority.

This is showing how small the vocal minority is in terms of the end game numbers, and how large the silent majority is.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Im not bending the numbers though, im making the assumption based on FACTUAL numbers we do know.

We know that 1% of the total accounts have made it to endgame maps, this number is actually probably higher after perandus.

Anyways the numbers here represent the population that makes it to end game thus more than likely is or has done merciless labyrinth. This entire argument is vocal minority vs silent majority.

This is showing how small the vocal minority is in terms of the end game numbers, and how large the silent majority is.

Sorry, but your logic fails on the bases that there are 6 million active players. You need to find first the number of active players, not POE accounts. Because majority of those 6 million do not play the game anymore, or played it a long time ago and left.
Last edited by miljan on May 28, 2016, 7:52:25 AM
"
miljan wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Sorry, but your logic fails on the bases that there are 6 million active players. You need to find first the number of active players, not POE accounts. Because majority of those 6 million do not play the game anymore, or played it a long time ago and left.
Nope, thats not how it works.

What logic fails is thinking that less than a percent of players bitching about something trivial is a "majority".

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
iam pretty suprised that you still defend your "logic"
but like it is with forums ppl with all educational background can be found

so you assume one number add another magical and draw conclusions.....whatever
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on May 28, 2016, 8:01:13 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
iam pretty suprised that you still defend your "logic"
but like it is with forums ppl with all educational background can be found

so you assume one number add another magical and draw conclusions.....whatever
Better than the logic of people who dont even know how to properly use a strawpoll kiddo.

What makes a good straw poll is the QUANTITY of responses, not the quality, sorry to say your guys polls has fuck all for both.

I digress with that statement however because straw polling in general is incredibly unreliable and thats a well known fact.

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on May 28, 2016, 8:05:01 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Nope, thats not how it works.

What logic fails is thinking that less than a percent of players bitching about something trivial is a "majority".

It is actually how it works. If from 6 million accounts you have lets say 500 000 that actually played your game in the last 3 months, than your data and assumption are not correct, and are based on wrong data.

That's why your assumption fails.
Last edited by miljan on May 28, 2016, 8:14:32 AM
Nah, feel free to keep believing soo.

The funniest part about this is you still think 321 people is a relevant number. We could even use a more reasonable number of 30,000 active players (well within reason especially based off steam chart numbers) and it would still only be 1%

Feel free to keep thinking you kids are a "majority" though.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Nah, feel free to keep believing soo.

The funniest part about this is you still think 321 people is a relevant number. We could even use a more reasonable number of 30,000 active players (well within reason especially based off steam chart numbers) and it would still only be 1%

No, I dont think 321 is a relevant number.
What I do think that over 3 different polls done over few months that show very similar result actually show what community think about the lab. And that the thoughts of the community on the forum, reddit, youtube and similar are in direct response to what the whole community think about the lab.

But because people dont like those facts, they will always for any game, post same thing you did here, that think that silent majority has different opinion. Saw same crappy defense of d3 fanboys on their forum when it was released. Guess fanboys are not that much different from game to game.

Last edited by miljan on May 28, 2016, 9:04:39 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Yeah, you do that too.

I find it hilarious that the so-called majority labyrinth lovers has literally no arguments other than "git gud" or ridicule and scorn. Such powerful arguments, those. Which is why I've stopped posting about it, we're getting nowhere except hurling insults back and forth. Useless.

It should be more than obvious that no other feature introduced into the game has caused so much negative feedback. The near-absolute silence from GGG on this topic also shows that they are fully aware of that and hopefully listen to some of the great suggestions we've had from many people in the community. I'm fairly certain there's a lot of work going on at the office right now, they're trying hard to come up with solutions that makes it a better experience. Expecting anything else is silly. Obviously they're not going to scrap the Labyrinth, but hopefully they're going to tweak and tune it. Who knows, eventually it might actually be enjoyable. Right now, however, it sure isn't.
"
Ceri wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Yeah, you do that too.

I find it hilarious that the so-called majority labyrinth lovers has literally no arguments other than "git gud" or ridicule and scorn. Such powerful arguments, those. Which is why I've stopped posting about it, we're getting nowhere except hurling insults back and forth. Useless.

It should be more than obvious that no other feature introduced into the game has caused so much negative feedback. The near-absolute silence from GGG on this topic also shows that they are fully aware of that and hopefully listen to some of the great suggestions we've had from many people in the community. I'm fairly certain there's a lot of work going on at the office right now, they're trying hard to come up with solutions that makes it a better experience. Expecting anything else is silly. Obviously they're not going to scrap the Labyrinth, but hopefully they're going to tweak and tune it. Who knows, eventually it might actually be enjoyable. Right now, however, it sure isn't.
totally agree.

I lost the interest in posting into my own thread lol Im not the kind of people that argues by insults. People hate me because i have different opinions and stand strong on my points but never i fall for the easy insult argument. Tried to argument with reason in this thread but it failed.

I hope its not like somebody else said and GGG consider Lab like their own baby and "who dislike their own baby even if its stupid or ugly".

GGG being aware or not is not the reason why i made this thread. Its more how they publicly say that lab is perfectly fine and those who dislike it are a minority. Id have much more respect for GGG if sometimes they had the balls to come out publicly and say " We dun goofed, give us time and we'll work together making this better"
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info