[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Greymane2k wrote:
"
phopper33 wrote:

Bah! Now I want to re-roll immediately! Running Flameblast Totems and I want to run something much different for a change of pace.

I played Gladiator last league on HC (BHC) to level 97, I went with a poison/bleed/chaos Blade Flurry variant though. It was good for clearing all Breach Lords (farmed Chayula/Uul-Netol easily), farmed Uber Lab easily with max keys, and farmed shaped T13-15 all day no problem. However my version was pretty weak for Guardians due to focus on poison/bleed and some Guardians having immunities, so that was not great.

I just ripped my lvl 89.9 Flameblast Totem guy so I'm rerolling as Gladiator again, great durable class for both HC and SC, can do almost everything. I'll probably go Static Strike or something tho this time, maybe focus on Crit Chance and attempt some guardians this time around. Really enjoyable build for sure.

with your LvL97 Gladiator has ~38% blockchance right? hm is this Possibel on HC?!?!
I've been playing this build from the start till now, Level 88 at the moment, thanks for this amazing build.

What I wanted to say is, on your level 91 passive page there's a glitch on way to the "By The Blade" node(bottom side of the 30int node we took)

I'm also thinking to change those three-four points into the "Dirty Techniques" node, right side of Iron Reflexes. How would that be? We bleed the enemy easily anyway, extra poison? And 70% extra damage over time. Would that be better than the "By the blade" node?

Thanks.
"
stauch3r wrote:
"
Greymane2k wrote:
"
phopper33 wrote:

Bah! Now I want to re-roll immediately! Running Flameblast Totems and I want to run something much different for a change of pace.

I played Gladiator last league on HC (BHC) to level 97, I went with a poison/bleed/chaos Blade Flurry variant though. It was good for clearing all Breach Lords (farmed Chayula/Uul-Netol easily), farmed Uber Lab easily with max keys, and farmed shaped T13-15 all day no problem. However my version was pretty weak for Guardians due to focus on poison/bleed and some Guardians having immunities, so that was not great.

I just ripped my lvl 89.9 Flameblast Totem guy so I'm rerolling as Gladiator again, great durable class for both HC and SC, can do almost everything. I'll probably go Static Strike or something tho this time, maybe focus on Crit Chance and attempt some guardians this time around. Really enjoyable build for sure.

with your LvL97 Gladiator has ~38% blockchance right? hm is this Possibel on HC?!?!

Looks like he has max block, you are you are forgetting to add other things in.
"
stauch3r wrote:

you can check my profile and see the level 97 Gladiator, I was using a +1 Curse Anvil and Surrender shield, with all the passives on the tree I believe I had 77% max block (factoring in Painforged Ascendancy) and around 7000 hp. Oh yea and near the end of the league I acquired a Red Nightmare jewel which adds block so I was able to change some points around, you'll see the jewel on the left side near the Marauder area.

I ran 3 curses (+1 from ammy and Cospris Will) to both mitigate damage taken and amplify my DoT poison/bleeds (Temp Chains, Vulnerability, Enfeeble) - If I were to copy the identical build I played last league I might try Cherrubim's Maleficence instead of Cospris though, up to 80% chaos damage and +100 life is pretty insane for what I was trying to do.

It was great for HC, one of the most durable builds I've ever played. Like I said though, it had some weaknesses against Guardians due to the fact that I focused on chaos/poison/bleed, for no real reason other than to try something new - I did succeed in doing some of the guardians deathless, but the fights took way too long for my liking. I'm going to do a similar Gladiator this league but probably not focus on the curse stacking or poison/bleed, more so just follow the primary guide listed in this thread and maybe go either Static Strike or Blade Flurry again but focus on Crit Chance and pure Phys (with Ash/Hatred as well) but I'll have to see how it develops
Last edited by Greymane2k on Mar 11, 2017, 12:13:26 AM
It seems like Ice Crash was buffed for this patch, so is anyone considering it over SS or sunder?

My gear.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAADuBIcFLQaLCEkKJgz3Dc0TTBQgFHEVIBXsF-EZtBo-HM4g4yE0IWAkmyb4KCoppSpNK1As6S2DL8wwdzJONZI64Ts7PC0_J0CgQT9BdESeRrdHfkrITeNOMlBHUeZTu1boWf5fP1_aYuxkUmVNZ5toZWzYbqpyqXTtdPF2K3asd1N673zZgIqCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhrOK8ItPj5mS95d5nsWmV6mVrK-uPq-nsKuy3LQvtfK2irc-uR29Nr54vqfAv8GCwaPEgsT2xq7PftNv2L3ZfNrB3Q3gleJh5FHqGO8O8i_yRfPd9zL3TfgC-Ov-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=Bromeek&characterName=Bromkek

My skill tree.

Can i improve something?
i am thinking about going to kraitlyn for cruel and merciless

8% AS is better than 1 passive point

and 1 extra frenzy is better than an endurance (for the fact that i'll use a chaos golem rather than flame golem)
"
nike2000 wrote:
It seems like Ice Crash was buffed for this patch, so is anyone considering it over SS or sunder?

Just got to Cruel and am using Ice Crash. I like it better than SS and Cleave at the moment. I will give them all a proper test once I have all the gear gathered. I find the AOE much better on Ice Crash, but single target is much better on SS.
"
Bromeek wrote:

My gear.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAADuBIcFLQaLCEkKJgz3Dc0TTBQgFHEVIBXsF-EZtBo-HM4g4yE0IWAkmyb4KCoppSpNK1As6S2DL8wwdzJONZI64Ts7PC0_J0CgQT9BdESeRrdHfkrITeNOMlBHUeZTu1boWf5fP1_aYuxkUmVNZ5toZWzYbqpyqXTtdPF2K3asd1N673zZgIqCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhrOK8ItPj5mS95d5nsWmV6mVrK-uPq-nsKuy3LQvtfK2irc-uR29Nr54vqfAv8GCwaPEgsT2xq7PftNv2L3ZfNrB3Q3gleJh5FHqGO8O8i_yRfPd9zL3TfgC-Ov-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=Bromeek&characterName=Bromkek

My skill tree.

Can i improve something?

IMO this skill tree https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAADuBIcEswUtBosISQomC2EM9xDwFCAUcRUgFewZtBo4Gj4bqiDjIWAkmycvKCoppSpNLOktgy_MMgkyTjWSOuE8LT8nQKBBdEa3R35KyE3jUEdW6FnzXz9f2mLsYxdlTWebaGVo8mxGbNhuqnJscql07XTxdit2rHk5eu982X7igIqBOoIHg1-DzITZhO-Gs4rwi0-PYI-ZkFWS95d5ogCmV6mVrKqsr64-r2ywq7LctfK2irc-uR29Nr54vqfAZsC_wQfBgsSCxPbGrs9-02_Xfti92Xzawd0N4JXkUeoY7w7wH_JF8lrz3fcy9034Avjr_gr-jw==?accountName=Bromeek&characterName=Bromkek would be better, slightly less dps but more life. You missed some block nodes near diamond skin. Also, imo cloth and chain isn't worth it, you can cap resists with items. Same with diamond skin, though it's a nice single point to save some currency on rares early. I grabbed the mana leech node as well which should help with any mana problems, though you can also unspec that if you get a jewel with mana leech. Hammer nodes are not worth it, not efficient, the sword nodes/berserking are much more efficient.
Last edited by an1drag0n on Mar 11, 2017, 3:27:17 PM
I missed some block nodes on purpose. I have legacy BOR. This is one of the reasons why i don't have equiped tempest shield. I will consider your advice. Thank you!
Last edited by Bromeek on Mar 11, 2017, 3:42:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info