[2.3]Dela's Obliterate Build CHEAP & FAST clears 200% life UPDATED

This build inspired me to try a Lowlife Occultist version, and i must say i absolutely love it!

It's obviously not as cheap as this lifebased Elementalist version, and it feels like the damage is a tad lower, but it still works really well. I've optimized it for party with my curser friend, with the flexibility to make it work solo aswell. Currently Lv90 and still going strong, will probably push it until around Lv95. Gear and tree can be found on my profile for everyone interested (char: CoolPoppa).

Got bored of all builds i've tried recently pretty fast but this one really got me stuck, so thanks for posting! Absolute BotW-material right here.
twitch.tv/enki91
Latest idea to improve tankiness while keeping cost low and damage up:

Hierophant Templar:
Skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAE8EQ8hYbWhacU1kMwRRms9DY2jy8B8876IAGF0Es8BmPAVFR-98MtHr7prghTKnCBzcRZ2drtgkuJOPGlNSGmw2xVZIKPo26ffBHwKCxySqBAf56BZvg9tMs0GH42pVxkV-0B-XlS0ftz46WA5c7-tSU5Ug_gpq-j1fwfPyRdi9gh6iozrhNZLbC3_Gplf-j5MnEZZN476K74hTNQceoS_5N1BClS7Xz4w28NVJsVVLj_pJUWHiXEAmlYfLFr-nmw-raox1nm1sJIv1b88VNj21SMM6yBSdqongm7Wi2WyM5liExbDYYqyTH0kTKyYDmgAA

Ascendancy choices:
Divine Guidance
Conviction of Power
Pursuit of Faith

Reasoning:
-Conviction of Power + Romira's banquet = EASY endurance charge generation (approx 20% chance on hit) and in turn gives us full End charge uptime along with CWDT immortal call mitigates TONs of physical damage. It also lets us crit more reliably triggering Elemental Overload which should have permanent uptime.
-Divine Guidance + MoM = 40% of damage taken goes to mana(or in thie case ES with Eldritch Battery). With about approx 2200 ES this provides great reduction on top of our armor, evasion, dual wield block, and near physical immunity from endless endurance charges.
-Pursuit of faith represents BIG damage for our build. I'm finding it easy to keep up a rampage of ~ 80 kills per 4 seconds, which would equal a WHOPPING 320% increased damage. This damage applies to everything, our KB hits, our poison, our Obliterate explosions, and our HoA ignites. Additionally, we can use the Mantra of Flames jewel since currently each stack of Pursuit of Faith counts as a buff, equating to approx 400-960 fire damage to attacks! Even if our clear speed falls to even a quarter of this, 80% damage, and 100-240 fire damage is still quite strong and killing 20 mobs every 4 seconds should be trivial.
-All of our mana can be reserved, I think Discipline(35%) + Blashphemy(35%) + HoA with Inc Burning(30%) would be a good place to start. Certainly any combination of auras/heralds works.
-Summon Stone golem with Zealots Oath and our regen in the tree give us approx 200+ ES regen/sec sustaining our attacks and MoM. Additionally we can add an ES on hit jewel or two.
"
This build inspired me to try a Lowlife Occultist version, and i must say i absolutely love it!

@Enki91 Great to hear about the success of the Es based Occulist version! Super! I'm so glad there is flexibility for a ES version! Looking forward to hearing more. Nice gear! How is the combination of snakebite and blood dance working out?
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 11, 2016, 7:00:33 PM
The Blood Dance combo works really well on maps with good layouts, but even with backtracking you can keep charges up most of the time where it matters. In party i'm switching to Steppan Eards for more ES and gain charges through Poacher's Mark, and the charge uptime feels about the same.
Blood Rage is unfortunately no option as it conflicts with ES recharge, even ZO and Shav's Revelation didn't help with that.

Still working on that KB enchant and a 6l Shavs, but not sure yet what support gem add. Added Accuracy seems good, maybe Faster Proj or even Inc AoE/Conc Effect.

The missing stun immunity (except on full ES through Vile Bastion) was no real problem yet, only risky on some Perandus boxes but that's more due to the huge FPS drop, which leaves me unable to dodge. Freeze can be countered with flasks, for harder maps solo i switch Haste with Grace.

All in all, i'm very satisfied with how this version worked out.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Apr 11, 2016, 7:51:57 PM
i did not have too much time unfortunately, but i could experiment a little with cwdt/blasphemy enfeeble in dried lake merciless

with at least halfway decent evasion (and acro) it feels very good, especially with blasphemy
close range monsters will lose a lot of accuracy, combined with your stats its very strong
i could park in the middle of a pack of these vulture monsters without a problem and took very few hits+little flask usage

the downside is the mana of course, with herald of ash+burn+inc/conc effect there is not much left

cwdt is not as strong obviously, because you have to be hit to trigger it (while the enfeeble aura could prevent that in the first place), but still very good to have
ranged monsters will be much less dangerous

i am at lvl 69 at the moment, dps is a little underwhelming with a bit under 2k right now, but lake clearspeed is fine
i have several damage nodes still open though and no merciless lab yet, so the damage will increase quite a bit of course

here is my stuff

Do you think that using three pacifism jewels vs trying to keep up frenzy charges would be worth trying?
"
getinthevan wrote:

Hierophant Templar:
Spoiler

Skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAE8EQ8hYbWhacU1kMwRRms9DY2jy8B8876IAGF0Es8BmPAVFR-98MtHr7prghTKnCBzcRZ2drtgkuJOPGlNSGmw2xVZIKPo26ffBHwKCxySqBAf56BZvg9tMs0GH42pVxkV-0B-XlS0ftz46WA5c7-tSU5Ug_gpq-j1fwfPyRdi9gh6iozrhNZLbC3_Gplf-j5MnEZZN476K74hTNQceoS_5N1BClS7Xz4w28NVJsVVLj_pJUWHiXEAmlYfLFr-nmw-raox1nm1sJIv1b88VNj21SMM6yBSdqongm7Wi2WyM5liExbDYYqyTH0kTKyYDmgAA

Ascendancy choices:
Divine Guidance
Conviction of Power
Pursuit of Faith

Reasoning:
-Conviction of Power + Romira's banquet = EASY endurance charge generation (approx 20% chance on hit) and in turn gives us full End charge uptime along with CWDT immortal call mitigates TONs of physical damage. It also lets us crit more reliably triggering Elemental Overload which should have permanent uptime.
-Divine Guidance + MoM = 40% of damage taken goes to mana(or in thie case ES with Eldritch Battery). With about approx 2200 ES this provides great reduction on top of our armor, evasion, dual wield block, and near physical immunity from endless endurance charges.
-Pursuit of faith represents BIG damage for our build. I'm finding it easy to keep up a rampage of ~ 80 kills per 4 seconds, which would equal a WHOPPING 320% increased damage. This damage applies to everything, our KB hits, our poison, our Obliterate explosions, and our HoA ignites. Additionally, we can use the Mantra of Flames jewel since currently each stack of Pursuit of Faith counts as a buff, equating to approx 400-960 fire damage to attacks! Even if our clear speed falls to even a quarter of this, 80% damage, and 100-240 fire damage is still quite strong and killing 20 mobs every 4 seconds should be trivial.
-All of our mana can be reserved, I think Discipline(35%) + Blashphemy(35%) + HoA with Inc Burning(30%) would be a good place to start. Certainly any combination of auras/heralds works.
-Summon Stone golem with Zealots Oath and our regen in the tree give us approx 200+ ES regen/sec sustaining our attacks and MoM. Additionally we can add an ES on hit jewel or two.
Spoiler

Whats your in town dps for KB and you chance to hit? Trying to see how much the added chaos dmg the rings and amulet add.
"
getinthevan wrote:

Reasoning:

I really like the creativity.

You may have thought of this but Rampage works differently than PoF. As long as you keep killing, the Rampage count never goes down. The buff for Pursuit of Faith will constantly be gaining from kills and dropping those that go beyond 4 seconds.
"
with at least halfway decent evasion (and acro) it feels very good, especially with blasphemy

Thanks for the test. Glad Acro is working well. I think this a great investment for minimal amount of points. The DPS really gets better when the added chaos dmg gem levels up.
"
Do you think that using three pacifism jewels vs trying to keep up frenzy charges would be worth trying?

I can only really see this as a hybrid option (since they can't easily run blood rage), but my gut says it isn't great. 3 jewels can be a ton of damage or life, even with cheap blue gems this is like 120% damage or 60% damage and 20% life. I will try it if I get the time and find them gems.
"
Whats your in town dps for KB and you chance to hit? Trying to see how much the added chaos dmg the rings and amulet add.

I posted a screen shot earlier, though a few things have changed since then. I'm at about 7k tooltip now and like 87% chance to hit.
"
You may have thought of this but Rampage works differently than PoF. As long as you keep killing, the Rampage count never goes down. The buff for Pursuit of Faith will constantly be gaining from kills and dropping those that go beyond 4 seconds.

Yeah, I tried my best to calc it. I popped s 4 second duration flask then check my rampage timer when it ended. Not ideal, but simple and close to what it would be. I was getting 60-80 rampage easily. I've been doing some testing on the Templar version and I'll post the results soon.
"
getinthevan wrote:

Hierophant Templar:
Skill tree:

Ascendancy choices:
Divine Guidance
Conviction of Power
Pursuit of Faith

Reasoning:

Would love to hear how this compares to the original in practice! Please let us know!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info