[2.3]Dela's Obliterate Build CHEAP & FAST clears 200% life UPDATED

Templar Version Results:
Tested with a level 81 Templar, 5l carcass jack, romiras, CoE/Devotos (tried both), rares, 1 jewel only - a low rolled Mantra of Flames.
4200 HP, 2200 ES /75/75/75/-23 LOTS of HP nodes left to get, I got mostly damage
Tested two T9s and Poorjoys

Pros:
-Pretty much near Perma Immortal call, always had full (3) endurance charges. The Conviction of Power + Romira's banquet combo works like a charm. Certainly felt more tanky. Cleared a Poorjoys at 81 with no deaths. Not bad at all.
-Illuminated Devotion works great with herald of ash while socketed in our gloves. Free AoE support gem for no additional reservation
-Reserving all of my mana was great. Went with HoA/Inc burning, Discipline, Blasphemy Enfeeble
-Was able to keep about 20-25 stacks of Pursuit of faith up. The Pairing with Mantra of flames absolutely worked. My Mantra of flames was very poorly rolled (4-8 attack damage) but I managed to maintain about a 65% dps increase with the combo. Tooltip went from 3k to 5k while I was able to maintain the stacks.

Cons:
-Overall clearspeed was notably slower. Explosions still regularly happened and chained, but not nearly as fast or as consistently as the Elementalist version. NOTE my level was only 81, gems not fully leveled, and I had a low hit chance, 74%. I think with levels, jewels, and a better chance to hit the damage will be there.
-ES regen was not quite enough. I think a few + ES on hit jewels would be great. Also, I needed a fully leveled stone golem and have him summon on CWDT. I used a low level one, he kept dying and I had to resummon constantly. I think this is a fairly easy issue to solve, not too worried about it.
-No Life regen (from zealots oath) was annoying, especially in Lab. Much easier to manage in maps and wasn't a problem though I didn't run blood rage obviously so that's a loss.
-While the Persuit of Faith / Mantra combo was amazing, it didn't help with boss fights. The elementalist version can't really carry its momentum into boss fights at times either, so I consider this a wash.

Conclusion:
Viable and pretty good. You certainly trade some clearspeed and damage for tankiness when compared to the Elementalist version but I don't think the trade off is that much. In testing I liked Devotos Devotion better, but CoE was good as well. I think blood dance boots would do really well here and help with the ES sustain, though I didn't test them. With some tweaking, this version has the potential to be great, the skeleton is certainly there, however, I am going to turn my attention back to the Elementalist and other versions for now.
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 13, 2016, 5:33:38 AM
I have the elementalist spec now and the HoA does nothing for me, are you sure it is any useful?
My Static Strike Marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211370
Our Map Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977/page/1

Avoid: BKR, apinkpwny
"
Slamdancer wrote:
I have the elementalist spec now and the HoA does nothing for me, are you sure it is any useful?

I was going to ask this as well. As an elementalist, aren't you already getting ignite from all damage anyways?
"
Seufari wrote:
"
Slamdancer wrote:

I was going to ask this as well. As an elementalist, aren't you already getting ignite from all damage anyways?

Exactly, and HoA overkill does low damage compared to explosion overkill, so i dont see it yet. I tested with and without, the same happens.
My Static Strike Marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211370
Our Map Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977/page/1

Avoid: BKR, apinkpwny
"
Exactly, and HoA overkill does low damage compared to explosion overkill, so i dont see it yet. I tested with and without, the same happens.

The HoA buff is absolutely NOT necessary and is personal preference. I use it because for me the goal of the build is really making the "Chain Reaction" as consistent as possible. With HoA it lets us more reliably start the explosion - one mob dying has a 40% chance to explode, but if we have HoA (linked up with conc effect, aoe, inc burning, and the prolif from Elementalist) that one kill now prolifs a burn which can get a kill or two and try again at the 40% chance. Not only does it help start the chain reaction, it lets is continue to packs further along. Sometimes you even get to prolif a burn onto bosses which helps.

At the end of the day I love shooting KB once and having the whole pack die and start a gigantic chain reaction and it is simply a personal preference. There are tons of ways to change and customize this build and what auras you choose to run is certainly one of them.
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 13, 2016, 3:05:50 PM
What solution have you found for single target? Barrage? How would you scale that?
"
What solution have you found for single target? Barrage? How would you scale that?

The solution has been casting first wall with spell echo a few times, summon a wither totem (wither/faster casting/spell totem/inc duration) the combination works extremely well.
Ok.... so i got inpatient.. and bored of my trapper and started this build, taking the ¨trickster route¨ tho no clue how yet (besides the foundation this guide provides offc ;) ) xD, i´ll just work things on the fly as i progress through levels as i will start from scrath in HCP :p, i´ll pop in some later levels to share the experience!

thx again , fun gaming to all and ..stay safe all of you ¨not cockroaches¨ :D

"
getinthevan wrote:
Templar Version Results:
Tested with a level 81 Templar, 5l carcass jack, romiras, CoE/Devotos (tried both), rares, 1 jewel only - a low rolled Mantra of Flames.
4200 HP, 2200 ES /75/75/75/-23 LOTS of HP nodes left to get, I got mostly damage
Tested two T9s and Poorjoys

Conclusion:
Viable and pretty good. You certainly trade some clearspeed and damage for tankiness when compared to the Elementalist version but I don't think the trade off is that much. In testing I liked Devotos Devotion better, but CoE was good as well. I think blood dance boots would do really well here and help with the ES sustain, though I didn't test them. With some tweaking, this version has the potential to be great, the skeleton is certainly there, however, I am going to turn my attention back to the Elementalist and other versions for now.

Thanks for sharing your results. I am considering doing the elementalist version but using dual curse to help on the defensive side with whispers of doom - skittering runes coupled with temp chains + enfeeble. I think also that using the cluster trap - trap - frost wall may be superior to the frost wall - spell echo version but not sure (gets around frost wall cool down), will have to test when I get there. Also vaal lightning trap with wither totem to help in boss fights as discussed.
OK, so I am running JUST clarity, arctic armor. No hoa the build still clears amazingly fast (and i have no chaos rings or anything like that yet only 4k tooltip) but threw one into mom, and the build takes dmg so much better,makes it much better to grind the lvls till u have enough puts or gear to do something more tanky and or dmg.Obiously with lvl 2-3 enlighten and cpl more nodes into mana it be alot better, around 1k mana unreserved for mom is good with a decent mana regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info