[2.3]Dela's Obliterate Build CHEAP & FAST clears 200% life UPDATED

how do you generate frenzy charges in this build?
blood rage and or poachers mark is how I have been getting them but you could also link herald of ice with ice bite i think.
lvl 91 now.. kinda bored with all the grinding lol still alive tho..dont think i can make another build as powerful as this tho
"
Royal712 wrote:
how do you generate frenzy charges in this build?

I've been using Blood Dance boots. The boots are wicked... 100% uptime frenzy charges, good life regen, extra damage against low life monsters and good movement speed without having blood rage decrease your life.

Only downside is being able to cap res.I'm currently using lightning coil so capping res is hard with BD boots.
"
So what are your thoughts on Occultist vs Elementalist ?

I'm pretty sold on Elementalist being the correct choice. The prolif and extra damage is a lot to give up. More on this point shortly.
"
. This mod is amazing for this build as it allows us to leech automatically from out attacks and more importantly the explosion. Its enough to keep me alive in most boss fights, so I switched from WM to Vuln for more deeps

Thank you Ravisandesu for the great feedback and tips. I agree about the gloves, I've pretty fully gone away from snakebites. I love your choices for enchants. Definitely need to try and get those, especially the boot one. Great stuff!
"
Has anyone considered a CI/trickster version of

Thanks for the kind words about the build! I'm hoping we can hivemind a great build for everyone with a few variations. I haven't considered Trickers, but I will add it to the test list for a MOM variant.
"
ok with cwdt immortal call and possibly warlord to generate endo charges.

I should also have this updated and listed in the guide. Pretty important, just been trying out so many things the "basics" were forgotten for me and I need to have the CWDT setup back online.
"
since defense is the main discussion here i will play around with cwdt/blasphemy enfeeble + stibnite flask tomorrow, lets see how this turns out
should be very effective with decent evasion and acro

Super, love to hear back about the results!
"
dont think i can make another build

It happens when you make a fast move speed / fast kill speed build. At least there are a few to choose from now ^_^
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 11, 2016, 3:14:13 AM
Thanks to everyone for the testing and brainstorming. I wanted to do more myself this weekend, but I only got around to testing the CI Occultist Witch, not the mom variants. I will hopefully do those soon. I'll be sharing my results of the CI witch shortly.

Part of the reason my testing was cut short, was during a quick trade, a fully buffed guardian Templar came to my hideout. I believe the name of his character was "personmanboner" (lol) He was providing like 15+ buffs including an animate guardian with a few more. I asked him if he was free and we mapped together for awhile. iNSANE. At one point I believe I was at 50k dps (normally topping out at 16kish) and about 220% move speed...you can imagine what that was like in this build!! Wow! Later we fully partied up and the carnage continued, full party didn't slow us down. So fun and faaaaast maps.
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 11, 2016, 3:16:06 AM
CI Occultist test results:
Character - standard - level 84 - Occultist Witch (thrown together quite quickly)
Gear not optimal - only had 2/3 of ascendancy but I tested all with regrets - didn't have max resists - wrong bandits
Gear:
5l 600 ES Vaal regalia, S&D, 400 ES shield, CoE, 150 ES boots, eye of chayula, mediocre/bad jewelry/jewels

End result stats
5k tooltip town, 10k with power charges up. 8800 Es (many ES nodes left in tree, including entire scion wheel) 80ish crit chance and 90% chance to hit

Tested in dried lake (easy), merc lab (CI struggles there) t8 maps (easy full clears), t11 crematorium (clear but not fast)

Pros:
-Crits felt good/great with full power charges.
-Potential for LOTS of ES.
-Herald of ice can generate frenzy with ice bite.
Cons:
-Power charge generation from Forbidden power was so-so. (Potentially with better gear/more crit this will be enough) had to try blasphemy with assassins mark and it felt a lot better.
-Had to wear eye of chayula as I didn't have the boot enchant (not even sure this would cover it/be good enough) I don't really play CI so I'm not to familiar with what is needed.
-Lack of AoE hurt. Made KB smaller (less overlapping poison stacks and less for obliterate)
-Damage on Obliterate explosions was noticeably less, sometimes not fully killing mobs and stopping reactions (this could be fixed with more levels, better gear, and better jewels I think)
-Having to curse enemies for the Occultist explosion to trigger was annoying and stopped the chain reactions to just blasphemy radius
-CI Vaal pact in Lab was a nuisance and I wouldn't want to run lab much.
-movespeed quite a bit slower (part in change from devotoes to Coe, part because boots had only 15%)

Conclusion:
Viable? Yes, with the potential to be quite good with top play and good/great gear. You'd need to know how to play CI well as I'm not an expert. The damage loss from Elementalist was very significant and NOT made up for by crit, but it was still for the most part, good enough. The life base version will be cheaper and easier to level and is where I will be focusing my attention, especially with defensive options like MoM. For now, I will mostly sticking to Elementalist as I believe it is quite important to the build.

I love this build idea. Chaos damage is super fun. Do you think it's possible to go crit with this build though or would it give little benefits?

Is there a reason for Devoto's Devotion as the helm? It seems to be a drawback to reduce phys damage as 13% is converted to phys?

Are there any other helms you recommend? I was thinking of a Vertex or Geofri for the possible +1 gems with a curse set up.
Last edited by CyborgCommunist on Apr 11, 2016, 1:39:50 PM
I was playing this build with a 5L belly, decided to go for it and managed to 6L my carcass jack because the build started to fall off in higher tiers (I was especially sad at kraityn handing my ass over at gorge). I was experimenting with different supports, and came to a conclusion that concentrated effect is actually superior to any other gem in terms of single target/pack clear speed. First of all, I noticed that the lowered AoE radius is actually a good thing; more blasts overlap on the same target, and it helps start the chain reactions faster. After all, we don't need to kill all of the monsters simultaneously with just KB, we want to start a chain reaction that's most effectively started by killing 2-3 monsters. Some increased AoE is still good, but as you may know increased AoE spreads kinetic blast's explosions further apart from the initial hit point = less explosions hit the initial target. Secondly, the more area damage % is a huge boost to our actual damage despite not showing in tooltip. It definitely helps the build's single target and I suggest you try it! I'm still inconclusive on whether this solves the build's innate problem of dealing with bosses with chaos resistance on higher tier maps, I will test it tomorrow.

I optimized the tree a little bit (subjectively, I felt this was a tiny bit better path. It's still missing things like +1 frenzy, life/mana % hybrid and alchemist since I'm only level 85 as of speaking.)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAQHBLMHHg5cD6sRlha_GF0c3CL0JIsmlSj6LR8y0TWSNj06WDrhPAU9X0GHRUdFfkWdRlJJE0lRTLNN41BCUlNSr1M1U1JUrlVLVcZZvFxAYeJirGf8akNqjGsXa3psC2yMbWx1nn3Sf8aCx4Pbh8uJ4Iw2jxqPRo_6kx-TJ5UglS6XlZrgm6GdqqIAotmmV6cIp5usmK3xsNi1SLc-uJO7TbzqwFTAZsM6xSjIFMi_zxXQH9QH2L3cjd1f34rmWOvu73zv6_Af8NXyRfVv9lv31_no_Ez-Cv6P?accountName=Reductant&characterName=Zetatech

To save a little bit of points on the expense of mana, mana regen and increased radius of area skills which I felt was actually not performing that well as an investment. In the end I barely noticed the difference in mana and manareg. Also, taking Wandslinger is a decent damage boost to us although completely optional (it doesn't help the chaos explosion damage).
Last edited by Reductant on Apr 11, 2016, 4:50:55 PM
"
Do you think it's possible to go crit with this build though or would it give little benefits?
Is there a reason for Devoto's Devotion as the helm? It seems to be a drawback to reduce phys damage as 13% is converted to phys?
Are there any other helms you recommend? I was thinking of a Vertex or Geofri for the possible +1 gems with a curse set up.

I use devotos pretty much solely for the movespeed. It is by no means necessary or even the best. I find I'm killing everything so fast, movespeed is my biggest damage increase. As to other helms, those you suggested seem more than fine, Crown of Eyes is great as well, or anything really. As far as crit goes, It stretches the points a bit, as % chaos is SUPER important.

"
I was experimenting with different supports, and came to a conclusion that concentrated effect is actually superior to any other gem in terms of single target/pack clear speed.

Hey Reductant! Thanks for the great feedback. In your setup, what is your link setup? Do you use poison gem or do you get poison from snakebite. I was toying with conc effect as my 6th link, but I ultimately went with void manipulation. Perhaps I need to revisit this. Your tree also looks good!
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 11, 2016, 4:58:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info