[Worst skill challenge] Shield charge is the winner!! currently A1C

Elemental Hit is not one of the worst skills. It may be one of the worst compared to its former glory days but you can still make a build around it. Just because it is not as good as any of the other bow skills does not mean its the worst in the game. If you get a decent crit based, ele damage bow and get a bunch of WED gear this skill is usable. Will it be an optimized bow build...no. Will it be better with just about any other bow skill...yes. Will you be able to go out and hit 90 with it, absolutely. I would bet exalts that I could take one of my characters and not even change my passives, switch out my main skill and swap in ele hit and go right out and start mapping.

Just the 2 cents from someone who plays a ton of bow characters. Compared to the other skills listed I feel doing Ele Hit would be taking the easy way out.
"
Perq wrote:

Elemental hit

Terrible scaling, high mana cost, looks like utter shit. Yup. Elemental Hit everidai. I'ma make some shitty build with it when I get back home. :P

just did some tests

Elemental hit + multistrike = fire → cold → lightning

while i was expecting

fire→ fire → fire

since multistrike is a repetition of the first hit (you can see that with crit, if first crit the rest crit)

This brings some hopes for the build

if Elemental equilibrium applies right after the initial hit

you can manage to always get EE no mather what element is used
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Mar 30, 2016, 10:42:35 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 6:34:27 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

Elemental hit

Terrible scaling, high mana cost, looks like utter shit. Yup. Elemental Hit everidai. I'ma make some shitty build with it when I get back home. :P

just did some tests

Elemental hit + multistrike = fire → cold → lightning

while i was expecting

fire→ fire → fire

since multistrike is a repetition of the first hit (you can see that with crit, if first crit the rest crit)

This brings some hopes for the build

if Elemental equilibrium applies right after the initial hit

you can manage to always get EE no mather what element is used

Except then you can't scale your base damage with any +flat damage from weapons, gear, auras, or heralds because it would ruin the EE. Damage will be trash either way
Now I'm thinking of doing a shield charge build.

Axe & shield

Herald of ash

Shield charge - melee splash - melee phys - add fire - fast attack

Was also considering:

Shield charge - COMK - desecrate - detonate dead (x3)
Would need a different tree, one that helps scale DD and initial hit.
Final round is on the way!!!

VOTE!
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

2 more hours then polls are closed

my char already has his name

and he's already facepalming
Lightning warp has only been nerfed to the ground like leap slam. it's still decent when given 3 supports. lol

But slower than 1.2 lightning warp and only reduced duration support

Reduced duration became less duration and that was the real nerf.

Anyway I vote shield charge totally useless
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 30, 2016, 7:05:13 PM
Well, that certainly was fun to watch. Good luck further in game.
Looks like you picked the right skill for the challenge.

It's funny that the best way to use it so far is just to spam it like a regular attack skill. Even doing half damage compared to other skills is better than using shield charge as intended.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info