[Worst skill challenge] Shield charge is the winner!! currently A1C

"
"
kahzin wrote:
Oh I have a few ideas :D

1) Fire Nova Mine - Trust me, this one will make you go crazy. It even feels quite good for a while up to a point where you realize that you don't have any single target damage.

2) Shrapnel Shot - I don't really think that it's bad, neither do I think that it's good. To be honest, I've just never ever seen someone using it, lol.

3) Shield Charge - This may count as a gimmicky movement skill but hell I'd love to see a build around this.

4) Burning Arrow - It's not really bad but I havn't seen it being used for years.

5) Conversion Trap - No words needed here

6) Tempest Shield - Yes, you can actually deal damage with it. Would be so awefully slow :D

7) I'd kinda like to see a 4 or 5 Totem Searing Bond char aswell. Searing Bond is not a bad skill imho but it could be interesting.

8) Lightning Warp Totems - Because there's nothing close as cool as lightning warp totems in this game.

/EDIT: If you need me to put a single vote than count me in for Shield Charge. Elemental Hit would be pretty damn boring imho.

This thread is fucking stupid.
It's basically turned into "Pick the other 400 skills that streamers don't swear by".
The majority of gems mentioned in this thread have already been used in builds. Fuckin' Christ, there's a Skeleton build on the first few pages of the Witch forum. Do you people look before you post?

For a truly useless skill, pick something obvious like Whirling Blades or Flame Dash.
WB has pitiful damage at all levels and sucks for single target and AoE. I've never seen a build get to Merciless off just WB. Flame Dash is in an equally shitty scenario except it has charges.

I agree that alot of skills mentioned here are more then viable. I've played a pure skeleton summoner myself and I think it's pretty good. Elemental Hit is not a problem either, just go crit dagger and you are fine. It's mana intense, and pretty slow compared to others, but viable nevertheless.

So I don't really understand why you quoted my post, I think I've put pretty good explanations of why I'd like to see said skills in action. FYI I've played alot of those myself and were heavily struggerling at some point, that's why I'm interested in seeing other people's take on them.
Last edited by kahzin on Mar 29, 2016, 5:32:20 PM
Shield Charg CoC + Bladefal + Blade Vortex
Last edited by agustinaakk on Mar 29, 2016, 5:39:32 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I thought of a coc build using vengeance+reckoning with a tripanon

Trypanon is two handed, so you can't use a shield with it (so no reckoning). Riposte would hardly ever proc once you get some non-shield block, so would probably not be worth it there.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Trypanon is two handed, so you can't use a shield with it (so no reckoning). Riposte would hardly ever proc once you get some non-shield block, so would probably not be worth it there.
unless you use Necro with bone offering
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Hello. I have not posted in a long time but after glancing at this I felt like I can contribute. Tendrils can do damage with its crit mecanics, people have already made should charge ignite prolif builds. Elemental hit is the worst skill in the game.

No one has challenged this claim yet, but I consider myself the worlds most experienced user of elemental hit. I spent 1.1 to 1.3 testing every possible method. You see Wild Strike, it looks very similar to the feedback I gave for elemental hit after I finished testing in 1.3. Coincidence? (Ps wild strike is op of you know how to use it)

You could always get to 66's on the multi splash crutch, but with the changes to multi strike and melee splash damage scaling (also changed in 2.0) and the splash area buff you might get higher than their ones with that.

My favorite trick with elemental hit is to put it in a +2 melee gem shield corrupted for +1 gems. With the new splinter jewel for totems you could bring back the ranged attack totem using pierce on the tree and projectile weakness for 100% pierce.

Honestly with how op

"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

unless you use Necro with bone offering

Ahhh clever, but you still couldn't trigger reckoning because it requires a shield. Riposte single target, vengeance aoe?
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
pneuma wrote:
Elemental Hit actually works in a very strange way for exactly one build. Run a Quill Rain, Elementalist with Mastermind, and Orb of Storms.

Mastermind means you penetrate 20% of all resists (since Elehit is all elements, same with WildStrike and Discharge). Quill Rain OoS proccing doesn't care about the on-hit damage, so L1 ele hit works and has the lowest mana cost.

Pew pew pew and spam out a ton of OoS bolts.

This sounds like a really cool build. What is the point of so many bolts, though, if your increased spell damage is so low?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Mar 29, 2016, 6:20:24 PM
Default attack is de-facto the worst active Skill.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Default attack is de-facto the worst active Skill.

Now we have ascendancy classes, jewels, and Corrupted items to give us bonuses, do we really need support gems? For eg, we have 2-projectile piercing default attack with Deadeye (or Ascendant Deadeye node), + a few more projectiles from other items for good measure. You can also get an AoE default melee attack with Slayer.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Mar 29, 2016, 9:00:18 PM
I would love to see a legit glacial hammer build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info