[Worst skill challenge] Shield charge is the winner!! currently A1C

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Looks like you picked the right skill for the challenge.

It's funny that the best way to use it so far is just to spam it like a regular attack skill. Even doing half damage compared to other skills is better than using shield charge as intended.
yeah, seems like multistrike is still an option
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
You have one more vote for Shield charge from me too!!!
Rip in normal? lol
I would vote for lightning warp totems. You need to link them to less duration to have any semblance of damage and cast speed, but this reduces the totem duration to almost nothing and they still don't deal damage. Another bonus is, their constant teleporting removes aggro and the monsters jump at you.

With shield charge you can at least deal heavy single-hit damage - slap facebreakers, get hatred/herald of ash + elemental proliferation, use smoke mine to reset your position for longer distance charges and you can have a clunky but somewhat functional build. Lightning warp totems, on the other hand, are abysmal. Tried and tested just yesterday (again).
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 31, 2016, 3:08:18 AM
Kahzin wrote:
"
5) Conversion Trap - No words needed here

linked winth multiple traps = awesome survival/defence skill when opening strongboxes ,very crowded areas ,perandus chests etc. 6Xdecoys doing damage and giving you boosts from rare mobs.
L
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
From the vid, looks like even Shield Charge is viable with the OPness of Whirling Blades :3 just like Burn Prolif one year ago.

Shield Charge is the benchmark of OPness in this game. If it's so OP it makes Shield Charge viable, it's got to go!
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Shield Charge has even better synergy with Whirling Blades too since you can use Whirling Blades to go back to the Max Distance needed to increase Damage. Watching the Boss Fights though reminds me alot of Shield Bash builds in other RPGs though.

Also wouldn't linking this with ECoMS also let you pseudo gain Endurance Charges constantly as well.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
WINNER: shield charge
Merveil
Weaver
Vaal Oversoul
Piety
Daresso
Malachai

Spoiler
THE WORST SKILL IN THE GAME POLL

the poll will stand for 6hours from the moment of the creation, winning skill will start tomorrow at noon NZ time

Elemental shit

lightning Crawp

Summon shitleton

Phase 1

TOP 5 (in order)

1)Elemental hit

2) Shield charge

3)Summons skeletons

4) lightning warp

5)lightning tendrils

note: this one will be much shorter in time than phase 1, like 6hours instead of the 24h of phase 1.

How about keeping your gearing, links, and skilltree updated on the thread as well? Maybe for each act. Would make things rather more interesting and informative I think, although I realize that's quite a bit of work.

P.S. I assume you're heavily twinking as well, yes?
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on Mar 31, 2016, 5:03:26 AM
Glacial hammer should be first
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
Glacial Hammer wouldn't count since its still a very decent skill.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info