[HC] Video 2.2 Bladefall poison trapper saboteur atziri/high maps 6,5k life + evasion acrobatics

Well, I went on tilt last night and lost 40% exp so i didn't finish top 25, but I did just manage to kill Uber Atziri using this build. This is my first Uber kill and I'm pretty pumped about it, didn't get Acuity's but I'm still excited.

Thanks for the guide, i really enjoyed playing this in the FB.

Ended well enough, although not the finish I wanted (died to hitting a dd box without realizing it was anything other than freezing). Gonna chalk it up to lack of sleep/exhaustion attempting to pass the top guy. Was on pace to, but unfortunately thats just how it goes.

Thoughts in general pre 2.3 balance: Trapping gets old fast. In comparison to other clear speed builds (and the clear speed meta in general) we just won't ever compare. We do shine when it comes to specific boss killing (easily did vinktars 6-7 times during the event for easy maps), but in the long run we fall short when it comes to the overall exp grind game.

Chose to believe it or not, but we'll see where 2.3 puts us, but for me I think I'm done trapping for the foreseeable future.
"
lif44 wrote:

Ended well enough[...]

Thoughts in general pre 2.3 balance: Trapping gets old fast. In comparison to other clear speed builds (and the clear speed meta in general) we just won't ever compare. We do shine when it comes to specific boss killing (easily did vinktars 6-7 times during the event for easy maps), but in the long run we fall short when it comes to the overall exp grind game.

Chose to believe it or not, but we'll see where 2.3 puts us, but for me I think I'm done trapping for the foreseeable future.

Graz on the Demigod.
I agree with your findings on the trapper having a slow clear speed. When teaming up with others in groups I could barely keep up, much less actually cast traps. And the front runners were both able to insta-kill everything (in a 6 man group) and move as fast or faster than me just running behind trying to keep up.

But what builds should we go for? Should we should jump the CoC-meta train? Or is there is something else?
"
sikker wrote:
"
lif44 wrote:

Ended well enough[...]

Graz on the Demigod.
I agree with your findings on the trapper having a slow clear speed. When teaming up with others in groups I could barely keep up, much less actually cast traps. And the front runners were both able to insta-kill everything (in a 6 man group) and move as fast or faster than me just running behind trying to keep up.

But what builds should we go for? Should we should jump the CoC-meta train? Or is there is something else?

I did the race 100% solo, taking advantage of the market etc, so I can't really comment on group play. Observation more so being in comparison to other obviously broken builds (broken in the sense that they fully take advantage of conversions or some other form of thing). In terms of speed, ended up taking more jewels with attack speed over trap damage as whirling blades ended up equaling more in terms of getting through the map since damage was beyond enough.

Until the balance notes come out I really haven't given it much thought to what I'll be doing for 2.3, none of the new abilities really interest me and with conversion nerfs I'm not overly sure what will be the in ability. If CoC doesnt get touched it'll still be top of the top in terms of clear speed and survivability.

Only time will tell I guess
Thanks for the guide btw

did got a demi on the HC ladder, no way to reach 3top tho since all the people grouping there
Here is my final gear if someone cares

Spoiler

hello everyone

i want to say thank you to Dejavi2! very nice and strong guide/build

today i killed atziri for the first time. ive tried her two times with another char but didn't beat her. but today i succeed with this build!

and i got Mortal Hope from her :D

this is my current gear:
Spoiler

the faster attacks in the helmet and blood rage in chest are just for leveling
Last edited by HFLemming on May 26, 2016, 4:04:43 PM
Spoiler
"
Moksu wrote:
Thanks for the guide btw

did got a demi on the HC ladder, no way to reach 3top tho since all the people grouping there
Here is my final gear if someone cares

Spoiler

Moksu pls, you know I wasn't grouping lol.

(and as far as I know Dawdle wasn't getting into rotas like you were :P)
"
lif44 wrote:

Top Four Sab in PHC 2w atm, pretty proud of this shield :)

Deviated from OPs build, figured I'd just share here instead of making another post to clutter, just what I've found to work in the hardcore league, by no means is it better nor the best way to do things, its just what I'm doing currently and figured I'd share after talking with Moksu.

This is my current tree poeurl.com/C6w , not much of a large difference my future plans include grabbing growth and decay, but that depends on how much more I push in this two week. What it does provide though is a shift away from added chaos damage to more upfront physical damage (59% increase to physical vs a 44% loss to chaos damage) which may scale the poison a bit better since its based upon the initial hit (10% as per http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Poison). Otherwise, as previously stated I think its all about what you're comfortable with, more attack speed makes me happy because whirling helps so much with getting properly positioned etc.

Personally, I don't think wither totem is all that necessary but from playing CA previously it does definitely help. I still take bear trap just because of the cd on Bladefall trap sometimes doesn't allow me to move as quickly as I like, bear trap just fills that gap.

Granted I could be playing it all wrong, this is what I've found to give me the best results at the moment.

Edit, just did this:
Potato quality twin Kaom kill (lol crit shrine) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOoSqvzj8X8

What did you do for the bandits? Did you Kill or get 16% Phys DMG?
Spoiler
"
ggsbv wrote:
"
lif44 wrote:

Top Four Sab in PHC 2w atm, pretty proud of this shield :)

Deviated from OPs build, figured I'd just share here instead of making another post to clutter, just what I've found to work in the hardcore league, by no means is it better nor the best way to do things, its just what I'm doing currently and figured I'd share after talking with Moksu.

This is my current tree poeurl.com/C6w , not much of a large difference my future plans include grabbing growth and decay, but that depends on how much more I push in this two week. What it does provide though is a shift away from added chaos damage to more upfront physical damage (59% increase to physical vs a 44% loss to chaos damage) which may scale the poison a bit better since its based upon the initial hit (10% as per http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Poison). Otherwise, as previously stated I think its all about what you're comfortable with, more attack speed makes me happy because whirling helps so much with getting properly positioned etc.

Personally, I don't think wither totem is all that necessary but from playing CA previously it does definitely help. I still take bear trap just because of the cd on Bladefall trap sometimes doesn't allow me to move as quickly as I like, bear trap just fills that gap.

Granted I could be playing it all wrong, this is what I've found to give me the best results at the moment.

Edit, just did this:
Potato quality twin Kaom kill (lol crit shrine) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOoSqvzj8X8

What did you do for the bandits? Did you Kill or get 16% Phys DMG?

http://puu.sh/pbUh1/0ed896889f.jpg
How is this build going to hold up in Prophecy? Any thoughts yet? Thinking about rolling my first trapper for Prophecy.
Nice guide btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info