[HC] Video 2.2 Bladefall poison trapper saboteur atziri/high maps 6,5k life + evasion acrobatics

"
iVisionary wrote:
How is this build going to hold up in Prophecy? Any thoughts yet? Thinking about rolling my first trapper for Prophecy.
Nice guide btw.

It's still OP since nothing done to Bladefall, patch notes just got released.
So if you don't get bored or go insane of throwing traps you should totally do this as starter build...
personally: never again
Is there much in the way of updates needed for this to work in prophecy? I've never actually played a trapper either (and somehow never heard of this build until recently), figured I would give it a shot.

There's a lot of bladefall builds out there apparently, this one seems to be the most popular, figured I would ask here.

Some people think the clustertrap fix is going to ruin the poison BF build though.
Last edited by sutasafaia on Jun 1, 2016, 11:32:03 AM
Na the build will be fine. Dmg was the least problem and well with cospri's will you get poision for "free", so you can use another dmg support IF dmg would be lacking.

Sure you lose Coil, but you gain another curse with will make up for the defensive loss ( i take temp chain as second curse aura obove coils defensive power, there is always taste of hate anysways).

"
xardas149 wrote:
Na the build will be fine. Dmg was the least problem and well with cospri's will you get poision for "free", so you can use another dmg support IF dmg would be lacking.

Sure you lose Coil, but you gain another curse with will make up for the defensive loss ( i take temp chain as second curse aura obove coils defensive power, there is always taste of hate anysways).

i'd rather use coil, in hardcore..
Doesn't really matter what chest you got on standard tho.
Yea, I couldn't care less about not one shotting everything, that was obviously pretty broken, I'm just worried the fix is going to hit too hard and end up taking the build in the opposite direction completely. It wouldn't be the first time a build has gone from 100 to 0 from GGG :P

Of course, having never played bladefall, never played a trapper, and never even played poison, I have no idea how this is all going to end up. If you think the build will still be able to solo any/everything, I'll give it a shot. I despise finding a map and realizing I can't do it for whatever reason, I don't care about clear speed, but I do not want to basically be told "You can't do this map because XYZ." This was easily the highest recommended build for me to mess with if I wanted to be able to do anything. I just hope it holds up.
Thanks for posting the build. Sorry if this has been answered at some point in the thread and I just missed it:
Why take those two damage over time nodes before growth and decay?
A single trap and mine damage node in the clever construction circle does more than the two of those together, right? (double dip means 16%->32% dot increase?)
Then the same question for fatal toxins: that's 50% for 2 nodes, when you can take another trap and mine node in the clever construction circle and a physical and chaos node above the written in blood life circle, 2 nodes for 52% damage.

This is my first time really looking at a poison build so sorry if I'm misunderstanding something.
"
sutasafaia wrote:
Yea, I couldn't care less about not one shotting everything, that was obviously pretty broken, I'm just worried the fix is going to hit too hard and end up taking the build in the opposite direction completely. It wouldn't be the first time a build has gone from 100 to 0 from GGG :P

Of course, having never played bladefall, never played a trapper, and never even played poison, I have no idea how this is all going to end up. If you think the build will still be able to solo any/everything, I'll give it a shot. I despise finding a map and realizing I can't do it for whatever reason, I don't care about clear speed, but I do not want to basically be told "You can't do this map because XYZ." This was easily the highest recommended build for me to mess with if I wanted to be able to do anything. I just hope it holds up.

Nothing changes in terms of its damage capabilities at all, you will still one shot everything, you will still be able to do any mod (I didn't do no regen/bloodmagic/curse immune because I'm a pansy). What you won't be able to do is claim sanity after pushing 95+ with a trapper, which is where I feel the flaws really start to show.

You are directly limited by your ability to throw traps (IE CDR), which someone (maker of the bear trap shield) had posted the gem they added isn't even working with trapped spells. With the nerf of whirling blades we'll move even slower than previously. The lack of clear speed solo is just the main frustration and the main reason I will never play it again after the two week.

This may sound like baseless bitching, but you're welcome to find out for your self just how it ends up.

@12evenge: You can scale the trap damage higher, but in the long run it doesn't matter entirely too much because you will one shot most everything (personally I prefer to take the life regen out of their instead since we are incapable of leeching etc).

As for fatal toxins, play with and without it and see which you like better, I liked having fatal toxins for no really super theorycrafty reason, outside of it felt better than more trap damage. At the end game it becomes more so about how can I go faster if my trap damage and the following poison damage already kill everything? How can I survive the volatile explosion? etc.
Hey,

one quick question about the ascendancy class: wouldnt be better to go for assasin in 2.3 coz of the posion buff? or ull stick to saboteuer?

greetz
The last thing this build needs is more damage, your clear speed is limited by trap cooldowns, not your damage. Saboteur gives a massive buff to your trap cooldown reduction, plus chain reaction is pretty much irreplaceable.
"
joern1991 wrote:
Hey,

one quick question about the ascendancy class: wouldnt be better to go for assasin in 2.3 coz of the posion buff? or ull stick to saboteuer?

greetz

I believe bex has confirmed that trapped abilities (or mined abilities) will not gain the Sin benefit (its the reasoning for the specific wording. Trying to find the post by her now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info