[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Say_Ten wrote:
look at my "sample high level tree" towards the top...i think that's a 95 tree. when i get to that level, assuming i'm not going for acrobatics (which you never confirmed or denied), i am usually at least temporarily taking a 5% life node but also considering the few extra points to get an extra power charge or another jewel socket (both near the starting shadow point to the east). since you get a lot of respec points, i'll do this at higher levels...take a 5% life node now, level up, refund that and use the two points (or however many after leveling up) to get what i actually want.

you could also pick up frenzy charges but i don't like investing in shit that i won't have all the time.

absolute worst case scenario start taking all 5% life nodes you can until you make a decision on how you want to spend them

Yes, I wanted to reach acrobatics, but know I don't know with these 2 points and the remaining 9, what is the best ability to unlock, any suggestion? I think I'll do the 5% life thing until I don't have enough points to reach the ability you suggest, thanks again :)
Last edited by DuxVal on Jul 23, 2018, 11:02:24 AM
"
Yes, I wanted to reach acrobatics

Acrobatics is meh if you go for Revenge of the Hunted. This passive tree for acrobatics
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Jul 23, 2018, 1:17:12 PM
"
DuxVal wrote:
Yes, I wanted to reach acrobatics, but know I don't know with these 2 points and the remaining 9, what is the best ability to unlock, any suggestion? I think I'll do the 5% life thing until I don't have enough points to reach the ability you suggest, thanks again :)

it's a tough call in terms of what you want to get rid of/take, but it always comes down to survivability vs. dps. pick which one you want and then follow accordingly.

the major difference between an acrobatics tree and mine is that with acrobatics it puts you even close to heartseeker, which i would probably get if i was that close.

"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
DuxVal wrote:

it's a tough call in terms of what you want to get rid of/take, but it always comes down to survivability vs. dps. pick which one you want and then follow accordingly.

the major difference between an acrobatics tree and mine is that with acrobatics it puts you even close to heartseeker, which i would probably get if i was that close.

So my idea was exactly to go for Acrobatics and then Heartseeker, passing through Survivalist (in total 9 points); what should I go instead of Survivalist (moving east from the Might and Influence Jewel for a total of 7 points for Acrobatics and Heartseeker) for pure dps?
hello hello it's me again ~ I have question for crown ~ can you give me please a evaluation for my main assassin? what points of the passive tree i can improve and in terms of items what i need to search

since i dont have much currency i need to be wise to invest in items.
"
"

Acrobatics is meh if you go for Revenge of the Hunted. This passive tree for acrobatics

So starting from the tree which I have now, do you suggest to reach Heartseeker with the last points (2 left + 3 levels up)? Would you change anything?
"
DuxVal wrote:
"
"

So starting from the tree which I have now, do you suggest to reach Heartseeker with the last points (2 left + 3 levels up)? Would you change anything?

right now you have my tree...and its up to you. personally i think going for heartseeker only makes sense if you are going for acrobatics. if you don't want more life, then go for heartseeker or some accuracy/crit nodes, the extra power charge, extra jewel socket, etc. totally preference.
"
toutlavie92 wrote:
hello hello it's me again ~ I have question for crown ~ can you give me please a evaluation for my main assassin? what points of the passive tree i can improve and in terms of items what i need to search

plenty of room for improvement, and in standard it shouldn't even be too expensive to get better gear.

look at my high level skill tree at the top of the guide and follow that. you have some extra nodes in the marauder area you don't need as well as the nullification node which i stopped taking. also, your bottom jewel isn't really good.

your flasks need work, follow the guide there

our weapons are fine for now but your gear needs more life and just better stats overall. look in the ideal gear section...that's what you can search for. if it's too expensive, then lower the values. also with a unique belt and gloves and the BoR, you're going to be strapped for resists...so you might want to consider getting rares.
"
toutlavie92 wrote:

Ring could be much better (Iron ring). Idk about unset ring prices on softcore, so this ring is meh but you can keep it. Just find any ring with resistance, life, free preffix and craft (or ask someone) to craft flat phys damage. You can easily find 100+ life boots with single resistance for a few chaoses.

Your curse on hit gem in lightning strike does nothing. Use Increased Critical Damage instead. I would also swap ice golem for vaal grace (sounds retarded but this shit dies 24/7 so you actually should recast it all the time or you will gain nothing). Vaal grace is really good in any situations.

Remove bismuth and second life flask. Use stibnite and Rumi's concoction.

Remove Nullification (or keep it, ofc, if you cant max your resists) or atleast one of the closest evasion / es node. Remove diamond skin (same with nullification).
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Jul 24, 2018, 10:34:42 AM
"
DuxVal wrote:
"
"

If you really want acrobatics (this keystone is actually insane this patch lol) do something like this. I would also remove Revenge of the Hunted, but up to you.

As for me I dont run Revenge of the Hunted and I never take Claws of the Falcon and even Coldhearted Calculation. Decide by yourself what do you want from your character.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Jul 24, 2018, 10:40:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info