[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

Great guide, Say_Ten

Recently started up a Scion claw character that I'm modeling after your build after seeing TheDeadEndKing's version some way back when.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on using a chest/helm piece instead of BoR for your build, a la Carcass Jack or a rare piece? Does BoR offer a considerable DPS/Survivability advantage over using a helm and chest piece? Would love to know if you have any experience or feedback.

Thanks
"
Skullbutt wrote:
Hi I am just wondering how do you generate frenzy charges with this build? Am I missing something on how they work? I couldnt see anything that gave frenzy but you spoke of them or do they come naturally ?? leveling a shadow to try it out as I found a coupla decent 200+ dps phys claws to use.

Blood rage generates frenzy charges. He's got it on one of the unset rings
Last edited by legots on Apr 19, 2016, 6:39:01 PM
"
Skullbutt wrote:
Hi I am just wondering how do you generate frenzy charges with this build? Am I missing something on how they work? I couldnt see anything that gave frenzy but you spoke of them or do they come naturally ?? leveling a shadow to try it out as I found a coupla decent 200+ dps phys claws to use.

hey sorry, i have been on hiatus playing the division.

blood rage. get on that once you have enough life regen so that the degen isn't annoying. eventually you will still regen life even with blood rage active and no leeching going on.
"
Wrayward wrote:
Great guide, Say_Ten

Recently started up a Scion claw character that I'm modeling after your build after seeing TheDeadEndKing's version some way back when.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on using a chest/helm piece instead of BoR for your build, a la Carcass Jack or a rare piece? Does BoR offer a considerable DPS/Survivability advantage over using a helm and chest piece? Would love to know if you have any experience or feedback.

Thanks

The damage is already pretty awesome so I suspect you could try either Daresso's Defiance for all around defense or Lightning Coil for the physical damage mitigation. For a helm, you would just rock a standard rare with a lot of life.

The extra block from BoR is great but its also nothing like the legacy version.

Personally I wouldn't use Carcass Jack because the AoE is already great for a melee character.
Hi, great build! I especially like how you dart from pack to pack w/ WB, really fun. I have a question concerning the skill gems: I'm confused at the choice of Hatred, Herald of Ash, and Ice Golem. Hatred and the ice golem have good synergy (as they both affect cold dmg), but why the herald of ash, which deals fire dmg? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm not very experienced with the game yet.
"
Sitibis wrote:
Hi, great build! I especially like how you dart from pack to pack w/ WB, really fun. I have a question concerning the skill gems: I'm confused at the choice of Hatred, Herald of Ash, and Ice Golem. Hatred and the ice golem have good synergy (as they both affect cold dmg), but why the herald of ash, which deals fire dmg? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm not very experienced with the game yet.

I found the combination of the damage and AOE effect of the overkill ignite were awesome with HoA. You can try HoI too for the shattering effect and pick which one you like more...
Ah, now I see why herald of ash is so good. So Hatred is really just used for the AOE buff?
"
Sitibis wrote:
Ah, now I see why herald of ash is so good. So Hatred is really just used for the AOE buff?

Hatred is a HUGE damage boost. It happens to come in the flavor of cold damage but it is based on your physical damage, which you will be doing a lot of.

Hatred and HoA both scale off your physical damage, so if you have good base physical damage, the damage from these auras is going to be good as well
Hi, which skill gems you'd recommend to vaal? Double strike and lightning strike? Which particular vaal'ed variants of those I should keep my eyes on in poe trade?
only just started the game not long ago, after several attempts at trying different classes and builds, i finally came across something i have enjoyed, everything just dies before i even realize, so thanks to you sir, i feel like i'm a kid in a candy store :D
so far only level 62, up to merc and had quite a few hiccups along the way due a problem with aoe mobs, LS comes in handy for that. Also if some of you that are following this guide and struggling with surviving, i suggest stone golem, he'll back you up on the life regen as you slay :D

Cheers muchly!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info