[2.2] Phys Crit Iron Commander Siege Ballista || Atziri Down || Budget

"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
Druidys wrote:
What are somes stats i should be looking for to increase my turrets their damage?
Phys%, Phys flat, attack speed?

all that works, crit, crit multiplier, totem damage.

I noticed that you don't recommend attack speed most notably for the bandit rewards. However even though the ballistas have less attack speed that does not make attack speed worth less. 10% increased attack speed will always be 10% more damage regardless of any less or more multipliers. The only thing that makes attack speed worth less is if you have high amounts of increased attack speed. But usually you have far more increased damage modes than increased attack speed mods. And since Kraityn gives 8% attack speed compared to the 12% physical damage from Oak you would need very few damage increases. As soon as your increased damage mods are more than 50% higher than your increased attack speed mods Kraityn will be the better choice. Since it is very easy to reach something like 300% increased damage (projectile damage, bow damage, totem damage all that counts) you would have to reach 200% increased attack speed which is very unlikely. So I would recommend taking Kraityn over Oak in almost any case. It is a bit different for spells were the 5% you get from Alira is hardly higher than some regular 4% nodes to cast speed and were the weapon cast speed is not a multiplier but for attacks, take Kraityn.

Another thing I thought about. Is going Raider + Assassin as the Ascendant. The Raider gives you Onslaught and Phasing on Full Frenzy Charges, which you will always have and the Assassin not only gives 1% base crit, it also gives main on crit, which is a slow and together with the knockback from King of the Hill it should make it hard for enemies to do anything but die. You also get a total of 60 Dexterity from the Ascendant and some valuable Int (and 2 Skillpoints, which makes up for having to take the weak Scion Starting Nodes). You can also go Chieftain, which gives 30% increased damage (you will always have a totem out) and 15% of Physical Damage added as fire damage if you killed recently, which will also help in many situations. Slayer is also an option however I feel like that 15% attack speed while leeching is only beneficial for you but if you use Frenzy + PCoC + Bloodmagic you should always lose some Life to be leeching, might be another option to get some nice damage (and Leech for the Totems actually, which can be beneficial. Overall the Ascendant opens a lot of options to do things a bit different and gives some nice Dex exspecially for people that don't want to get an Astramentis, since it is still one of the more expensive items for the build.

I'm also not entirely sure if your math on Far Shot and Point Blank is right. They should multiply wit heach other. So the Multiplier for Far Shot will be 1.3 and for Point Blank at max range 0.5, so the total damage is 0.65 not 0.8. So the damage loss at high range is 35%, which is a lot higher and unless you place all your totems in one place some will always have the high range (Point Blanks beneficial range is only about as far as the Discharge AoE to get some visual indication).
"

Also, I dont know why you dont use it but vaal haste + vaal grace are super usefull for bosses.

Vaal Haste yes, Vaal Grace not so much, he should be able to stay out of trouble easily. I would recommend Vaal Lightning Trap for the shocked ground though.
bandits have always been and always will be preference

subclass - the beauty of this is that you can customize classes with even more twists. You can definitely go assassin, raider, or even witch. All preference. The ranger was originally taken over shadow because I wanted more life without spending extra points unlike scion and shadow. But that's just my preference. Ascendant overall is probably the strongest subclass. I just personally hate playing scions because how she stands, looks in MTX gear, and never shuts up :).

Probably right about the math.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Mar 25, 2016, 1:33:46 PM
Can you post stat pages?
"
Kartikdon wrote:
bandits have always been and always will be preference

subclass - the beauty of this is that you can customize classes with even more twists. You can definitely go assassin, raider, or even witch. All preference. The ranger was originally taken over shadow because I wanted more life without spending extra points unlike scion and shadow. But that's just my preference. Ascendant overall is probably the strongest subclass. I just personally hate playing scions because how she stands, looks in MTX gear, and never shuts up :).

Probably right about the math.

Witch might be a bit tricky due to starting location and the lack of Dex early on, but shadow should work.

I also discovered the option for SC players to just wear Briskwrap all game :P it is not really a good armor, but it provides some Cold Res, Move Speed and AS covered with a nice 15% increased Dex. And if using Briskwrap it might actually be an option to use Iron Reflexes, since low Evasion is far less useful without a backup as low Armor is. It is not something a HC player might want to do though.

For the bandits I took a simple mathematical appraoch. Oak is from a pure DPS tool-tip point worse than Kraytin or the Skillpoint. I feel it is more suited for physical casters, but the Cruel Oak bonus in general feels pretty weak compared to Kraytin and Alira is not that much better. The first two nodes in the ranger top-side start are both stronger than Oak as well as every single node in the Deadly/Heavy Draw cluster besides the very first one (I assume with our Dex Accuracy is not an issue).
Am running a version of this build too, and i must say ballista is great. I have cleared dual necro map, and palace with ease. My tree is not optimised i think as well as my gear, my char is on public too if people want to check it. The only thing i can add to this is using bloodrage/stone golem with the build. With charges and br up i have 35k+ tooltip for 5 ballista.

With the helm enchant and a possible 21/20 ballista gem qnd optimised gear id say the 40k tooltip can easily be reached
Very interesting build. Im thinking to try it.

"
k33s69 wrote:
Very interesting build. Im thinking to try it.

its an extremely strong build for very little currency. Probably my new go-to new league build.
OK I thought I would post some insight into this build from someone leveling from 0 in HC Perandus while following your guide to the letter:

Observations
1) I've had to get what I consider a wacky amount of Dex and Int on gear just to finally get 4 ballistae (see equipment below). While its not a problem to get dex, it does pose a problem getting other mods on good gear cheaply. For instance I just got 4 ballistae at level 62 and have -60 chaos res which is usually a huge no-no in HC for me. (just barely capped res too) Pretty much all Int is required on gear too, so two stat requirements on gear for a build, pricy.

2) I dont have a lot of life. Following the tree, I have 2,900 @ level 62 with good (not great) life on gear. That's poor for HC. I feel like I am going to rip at some point soon. I think at this point I am going to go against your build notes and fill out the scion life wheel to see if I cant get that up some.

3) Perandus box mobs pose a pretty big challenge. DPS per ballista with 4frenzy and 3power is 3,054. Some of the unique perandus mobs in level 64 area can single shot me down to > 30% HPs. The blast rain dude in particular. But even the lesser perandus mobs that do the circle on the ground, big hit. If I take 2 or 3 of those I'm at %25 life.

4) I have %55 chance to evade which means I don't evade about half the time. That's rough. Going to save up for a 1,500 + evasion 5L to see if that helps.

5) It seems pretty difficult to maintain any power charges at all, much less 3-4 of them. I may try to 5L the bow just so I can get increased crit jewel on frenzy.

6) Getting the gear I have now in HC is not what I consider "budget". I've spent about 30c on gear so far, which to some is nothing, but I usualy can make 1 to 1.5 exalt in leagues so 30c is a but pricy for me. I usually try and stay nearer to 10c for a "budget" build.

7) CwDT setups on all dex gear are hard. I don't have a single one yet, and this is probably some of my squishy problem. A soon as I can I am going to ditch the dex boots and get armour so I can get at least one setup.

One thing I will say is that this is a pretty cool idea and nice build, and I just now realize you never claim this to be HC viable. Will try and make it to level 70 filling otu the life circle. If I don't rip I'll probably call it quits there and sell off the equipment. Thanks for the build!!

Gear at level 62
Last edited by Shinare on Mar 28, 2016, 3:44:04 PM
Not to sure whats going in for you in HC but with a quick glance I see tons of super cheap gear to bring you up to resist cap for ele and a decent amount of chaos and that's including other stats needed like life and dex. I roll with a chaos ballista build so I'm not after added crit at all but most of this should apply.

1) Pick up some 1 chaos gear and a well rolled attribute ring+amulet. Got both mine for 3-5 and their stats are pretty awesome, still see a few up like that.

2) There for sure is a rough patch. I put off getting gear until I could slip into end game gear so that could cause a bit of a slow down in HC. But I'm rocking 3k hp for almost no investment into health on the tree, yeah that is awful for HC so switching over to some life is gonna hurt your clear but a little cash can pull you out of it np.

3) The rough patch I was speaking of, if you can push through it, it will get better.

4) If you're evasion then again it's just about buying better gear. Pick up acrobatics and between that and all the evasion you have from dex you should be fine.

5) No idea, don't use them so I can't give any advice. Sorry ;/

6) While my build is now up to around 13-15ex that's for sure not what I needed to reach atziri murdering. Think I spent like 15c or so (got that bro deal for drillneck). And I mean 10c budget is pretty cheap. Like if you reach act 2 merc you can do the chaos recipe which after like 2 hours you can make your budget back easy.

7) Grab a hybrid role for easy linking or use the recipe for off colors?
@shinrae

Problem is definitely on your end man. Looking at your gear, its pretty meh. Like Loki said you can easily upgrade your gear for very cheap. Your life rolls are low from the pieces I saw, your dex rolls are bad on half your gear. you should have zero problems what so ever hitting 600 dex with proper gearing.

2) I never hit a rough patch, ever. Even slacked on my gear quite a bit. The only rough patch I had was Atziri without having Totemic Mastery at the time.

3) your DPS is very very very low. on a 5L i am pushing closer to 30k. 90% crit, 92% accuracy. Also point blank is not calculated here as I drop my stuff in the face of the enemy as well as poison and bleed. I think I had that much dps when I was in cruel.

4) you should be using your totems as shields. If you find yourself getting hit often I suggest grabbing Iron Reflexes instead. Evasion is an active play style that requires you to dodge manually and your evasion comes into play on the off chances you do get hit.

5)swap LMP for GMP. your totems are damage, not frenzy. This will give you 2 extra arrows for more chances to generate power charges. I have no problem keeping 5 up.

6)I spent like 15 to 20C on my gear (not including what I used to 5L, all my jewellers and fusings were self found anyways) Also I did have my astramentis drop for me from Cadiro but that necklace is dirt cheap now compared to what it use to be. I dropped Atziri with that gear and I still have not replaced any of those rares. I would suggest watching Ziggy D's video on how to gear budget. It sounds like your methodology is off causing you to fork out extra cash unnecessarily for filling up gaps in your stats.

7) Hybrid gear man. lose a small amount of evasion for the ease of linking.

this build is VERY HC VIABLE. Probably the easiest build I have ever made that can hit 90 in HC. The problem is definitely with your character. Keep us posted with your changes, maybe throw your tree up as well. 3K DPS is very concerning.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Mar 28, 2016, 11:37:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info