[2.2] Phys Crit Iron Commander Siege Ballista || Atziri Down || Budget

"
tahity wrote:
I dont use black sun crest anymore but my light radius just sucks as is.

Well the only place you have trouble with that are indoor map, where you place your 5 ballistas before opening the doors, so it doesnt matters :P

Tbh it only really sucks in the laby, but as soon as you have enough hps, it doesnt really matter. Its just annoying.

I changed my flasks, and using divination distilae now, which gives a very welcomed light radius. And it charge pretty quick.

I also got a taste of hate. ToH + vaal grace + acro + frost wall = melee dmg isnt scary as it used to be. I got arrow dancing and really like it.

This build worked very well with 2x4 links. It made a ton of maps with one 5 link, the only thing I couldnt finish then was Hall of grandmaster... got to the last lvl 100 dudes tho.

I'm thinking about making a Mf version of this, 4 ballistas are enought for most maps.

Right now I'm @ 5k hps / 32k ballistas / 15k frenzy / 93% accuracy / 93% crit chance / 422% crit multi.

"
Only issue i am finding now is getting upgrades while staying above 800 dex

This is the biggest challenge for this build... 800 dex + Res + hps ...

I had to trade a very good jewel for another with just +3dex..

You need very high Dex on any item that can have it... which means Not helm/Bow/quiver/belt...

I went for belly chest so i lost that also. (but gained 400hp).

Kudos Kartikdon.

IMHO, the build is do-able with 600 dex. 4 Totems is more than enough. Granted, you miss out on the extra added physical damage, but, it is nice for balancing more resists and life, especially if you are playing HCP like me.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
tahity wrote:
Hey folks,

I got really lucky today as I managed to 6s/6link my belly of the beast and Bow for about 3ex.
I'm getting 32k dmg with atziri flask, i might try to get a taste of hate now.
My gems arent even all leveled up. It got a few at 20% but low lvl.

32K dmg / 93% accuracy / 93% crit chance... With 6 frenzy and 4 power charges.
Spoiler

I really like Vaal grace, with acro phase I'm getting 35% chance to evade, 73% chance to dodge attacks and 63% chance to dodge spells.
Which makes bosses / perandus madness ez. Besides It helps our ballistas as well.

Spoiler

My profile is open as well, if anyone want to see passives/gems.

Ps: I got lucky and bought for very cheap (5c) a starkonja with 30% speed on placement of ballista (used a divine to reroll it tho). It rocks, makes things so much smoother, I defenetly recommand it.

Ps 2 : I never played Hardcore, so I dont know anything about it. My pc lagg too much for it anyway. But if you are very cautious and let your ballista take all the beating all the time you might want to consider spend 5 passive point to get Vitality void + vaal pack.

I tried it, they both work for ballistas... Each deal they make heal them.
At the time, I also had 2 jewel with +10% life totem.
Long story short... your ballistas become Uber tanks. Mine soloed 2x vaal oversoul in Atziri run. without recast or whatnot. Very efficient. (I only had a 5 link then). I dropped it for more DPS/hps.

Not to sound like a weirdo, but been sorta following your character for ideas, I've noticed you experiment quite a lot and it gives me some good ideas of where to take my passives or what to look for on gear, I like your current magic find getup.

The build starts off cheap but the price for items sure does climb to meet the dex quota and keep up your resists, but having 5 totems out without the major drawbacks of the other totem builds is interesting, very safe and fast clears, been using briskwrap just to meet 800 dex easily.

Do auras double dip on totems? would hatred add 30% phy to cold from being cast on myself, then another 30% from the aura effecting the totem?
Last edited by Uberness on Apr 3, 2016, 9:43:38 PM
"
ZiggyD is using a Poison gem over PPAD, what are your thoughts on that? Especially considering the ballista's attack slow enough as it is, PPAD's speed reduction kind of sucks, no?

ZiggyD defenetly know this game better than I do, but I really dont see how Poison can be a better gem than PPAD or Pierce... I suppose he does for the 40% added crit chance but 99% of the mob you kill wont be poisoned. Might worth it for bosses tho. Where did you see that?

"
nice take on the build, is that 32k with all frenzy charges up?

Yes it was with the charges and taste of hate.

"
Not to sound like a weirdo, but been sorta following your character for ideas, I've noticed you experiment quite a lot and it gives me some good ideas of where to take my passives or what to look for on gear, I like your current magic find getup.

The build starts off cheap but the price for items sure does climb to meet the dex quota and keep up your resists, but having 5 totems out without the major drawbacks of the other totem builds is interesting, very safe and fast clears, been using briskwrap just to meet 800 dex easily.

Do auras double dip on totems? would hatred add 30% phy to cold from being cast on myself, then another 30% from the aura effecting the totem?

Yep I tried a lot of things, and spent way to many regrets :P

Consider your ballistas as a part of yourself heh. Which means any increase to bow dmg/speed etc will affect them just as they affect you. So no, no "double count" auras.

I really like where i am right now and there's probably room for improvement, it's my first toon going somewhat Magic find / culler.

It's not the same build really now, It's much more expensive and It only use 4 ballistas and dont have the same gems set up. The skill tree is very close. I'll post some stats / explaination when i'll feal it's almost done.

A cheaper version is doable but you'll either lack resistance or dps or mf (and that would make my version pointless).

I found 2 exalts during the 5/6 hours I've been experimenting this (probably just plain luck but still) :P
Last edited by tahity on Apr 4, 2016, 1:20:50 AM
Any reason you don't take the 4% evasion per frenzy charge? seems better then duration.

Also, what would be a ideal way to free up the mana potion flask, divination is nice but a extra damage flask would be nice too.
i saw somewhere that because of ballistas slow attack time, poison is used to do damage during each shot. but onces you get your ias up enough as well as crit, the damage it does doesnt outway using the gem. with the clearspeed vaal haste and br can turn the turrets into a minigun :)
I noticed that on the final tree you don't take phase acro. Is there a particular reason for that?
IGN: ACertainOkuu
Welp, just hit level 82 and its starting to feel pretty good. Just blew through residence Dom and Torture Chamber bosses last night with no issues at all. (I used to be freakin scared of those guys lol.

I still only have 12k tooltip dps on my ballistae with 6 frenzy and 3 power charges, so I am not sure how people are getting up to 32k. I did some substantial gear swapping and was able to get up to 5 totems on the cheap. I really like this build and I hope to take it a little higher before I RIP.

I tweaked the passive tree just a little bit just for my own comfort level, but this is really cool build! Here is my tree at level 82.

Here is my gear at level 82:
Spoiler

I'm finding it really hard to improve my gear since I need so much dex and int and resistances and life on gear. Any ideas on any improvements?

I was in a party last night and someone messaged me "dang that's a lot of ballistas" lol

Edit: Oh, I 6S my iron commander last night for < 100 jewler orbs. But then I thought to myself, is it really worth it to go for the 5/6L on the bow? So I threw about 15 fuseings at it. My question: What would I do with a 5/6L bow? but curse on hit on frenzy?
Last edited by Shinare on Apr 4, 2016, 1:26:54 PM
"
tahity wrote:
"
ZiggyD is using a Poison gem over PPAD, what are your thoughts on that? Especially considering the ballista's attack slow enough as it is, PPAD's speed reduction kind of sucks, no?

ZiggyD defenetly know this game better than I do, but I really dont see how Poison can be a better gem than PPAD or Pierce... I suppose he does for the 40% added crit chance but 99% of the mob you kill wont be poisoned. Might worth it for bosses tho. Where did you see that?

Watched it on his stream awhile ago, and he has a character on his poe profile. I've been trying out all different types of setups, since I was lucky enough to get a 6 link, and I find PPAD just too slow and clunky for fast clearspeed (just leveling up in dried lake atm.) Been testing out Physical to lightning, added fire, and PPAD. I think Added Fire Damage is doing the best so far. He also uses Added Chaos damage, which does add a large DPS boost, you just need a good amount of intel to level it to max. I still need an astrametis, but my resists suck :P

Spoiler

Still need some double res, dex, life, boots to upgrade to and a new belt. After that, I should be able to slap on an astrametis. Then it's the task of finding OP jewelry to balance out my resist, plus have dex on them. I eventually want to wear a Lightning Coil.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Welp I changed everything again and I much prefer what I have now.

The idea what to get more IIQ/IIR and to make a better use of Deadeyes ascendency skill Sharp and venomous (30% crit multi/40% chance to crit bleed/poisoned). Im using pretty expensive gear tho.

I lost one Ballista and about 700 hps.
I think I gained more dps overall and 50% IIQ / 100% IIR.
I spent 4 passive points to get Dirty Technics.
Its more difficult to play, but funnier also :P

Instead of Frenzy I now use Puncture + power charge on crit + PPAD + Pierce + ICD + LMP, which makes all hit to bleed, 25% chance to poison with dirty technics + sharp and venomous bonus).

I no longer use Immortal call since I dont use endurence charge, I use Molten shell which is here much better.

I use blasphemy with Poacher's mark... This grant me mana+life+frenzy charge.
I also use Blood rage which increase my dps/keep the frenzy charge steady/bleed me so that divination disti actually works.

Its kind of a different build really, and an expensive one, but it works great and generate a ton of currency/loot. It can probably works with 2x5l and cheaper rings. The helm/gloves/boots/bow/quiver/amulet are mandatory imo.

Two more thing... for atziri I swap blood rage for frenzy, to generate the charges.
For bosses I proc all at all vaal haste/grace/skellies then ballistas... that keep them so busy that it make them super ez. All of them exept Atziri which need super dodging skill that I dont have :P

The skill tree :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeAO4FtQagCC4IiQ2ND6sQzBPaFHUVIBa_GNsZjhutIXYj9iT9JpUqTSu2LOkuIzBxMHw1kjY9OdQ6QjwtPydKfUrIS3hNkk3jUUdTz1T-VUtVhVuvXWhh4mKsZIRpTmyMbWxuqm_ycFJ1_XsUfXV_K4Nfg8yEb4azhs6HdonTjAuMNoxGjX2Nv5OZlLiVBZXMmvGbjZ2qoJ-jiqTCpcumV63CsQG0xbVItfK3Prl8u567473mwTPC7MSixq7KqdN-1CPWiti92rHdDd2o45_nVOyw7T_tg-4O73r2o_iT-WP5vf4K_o_-uv_e?accountName=tahity&characterName=BACHINEENJA

The gear :

Spoiler

The stats :
Spoiler

Last edited by tahity on Apr 5, 2016, 4:18:20 PM
Bah, I ripped last night when I KNEW I should have gone to bed. lol

Oh well, there goes about an ex worth of gear. Thanks for the interesting build! On to the next...
Last edited by Shinare on Apr 5, 2016, 4:38:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info