[2.2] Phys Crit Iron Commander Siege Ballista || Atziri Down || Budget

Hey all, thanks for the suggestions on stuff. Yeah, not sure why I am so low on things but I changed around my tree a little and gained 1,500HP so now I am at around 4,500 HP at level 69. I just did cruel lab and will probably attemp merc lab when I hit 75 or so. Cruel itzaro was a joke at 65 hehe. But with far shot and endless munitions, I am now at around 5k dps per totem fully buffed with 4 frenzy and 3 power, HoI and HoA + Clerity. It might be time for me to regear from scratch. I've sunk quite a bit of chaos into my current gear so hopefully I will get some back. :)

Here is my passive tree, currently I'm at level 69. I dropped totemic mastery as I thought 8 passive points was a lot just to get it. The only thing I really noticed when I removed it was placement speed went down. But it doesn't hurt anything.

I also dropped point blank. It is just two passive points, so I may add it back in later if I need to, but I literally noticed no change in the feel of how well they are damaging. In place of those two things I went over to bravery and golem's blood. Will pick up the frenzy and jewel socket there as well. I finally feel comfortable enough to start picking up crit nodes.

I have 682 dex.

Changed boots so I could get a CwDT setup going. Enchant on them suck. But the gloves enchant really makes up for it. Its like a free mirror arrow CwDT! Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

Changed out added crit gem for added chaos damage gem in ballista. Tooltip dps was much higher but am just seeing how it feels. Will probably go back to crit when I pick up more crit nodes on tree.
Last edited by Shinare on Mar 30, 2016, 1:07:33 PM
Hey folks,

I got really lucky today as I managed to 6s/6link my belly of the beast and Bow for about 3ex.
I'm getting 32k dmg with atziri flask, i might try to get a taste of hate now.
My gems arent even all leveled up. It got a few at 20% but low lvl.

32K dmg / 93% accuracy / 93% crit chance... With 6 frenzy and 4 power charges.
Spoiler

I really like Vaal grace, with acro phase I'm getting 35% chance to evade, 73% chance to dodge attacks and 63% chance to dodge spells.
Which makes bosses / perandus madness ez. Besides It helps our ballistas as well.

Spoiler

My profile is open as well, if anyone want to see passives/gems.

Ps: I got lucky and bought for very cheap (5c) a starkonja with 30% speed on placement of ballista (used a divine to reroll it tho). It rocks, makes things so much smoother, I defenetly recommand it.

Ps 2 : I never played Hardcore, so I dont know anything about it. My pc lagg too much for it anyway. But if you are very cautious and let your ballista take all the beating all the time you might want to consider spend 5 passive point to get Vitality void + vaal pack.

I tried it, they both work for ballistas... Each deal they make heal them.
At the time, I also had 2 jewel with +10% life totem.
Long story short... your ballistas become Uber tanks. Mine soloed 2x vaal oversoul in Atziri run. without recast or whatnot. Very efficient. (I only had a 5 link then). I dropped it for more DPS/hps.
Last edited by tahity on Mar 30, 2016, 5:45:16 PM
How is the clearing speed of the build compared to others?
My current character is a blade vortex tank that just walks into stuff to make it die and my first was a sparker, hows the speed you can 100% clear everything on the screen?
With a non crit version of this build ive killed voll on wasteland while he was off screen, same for trio in courtyard which was a 9 mod enffeble/temp chains ele weakness map. This build melts maps. Ive added vaal haste + bloodrage for machine gun totems as well as stone golem for regen and another meat shield. Only issue i am finding now is getting upgrades while staying above 800 dex
where can i find this? Sire of Stone (by totemic mastery)
Careful Planning (In ranger section8 cant find it is it in the skill tree or where?
I think you are trying to ask where to buy them? I am going to assume that is what you are asking and you can buy them off of poe.trade from other players. Enter the name, set online and buyout online and get yourself a decent deal.
First of all thanks for the build. It's really a breeze when leveling. Just wait for level 36 and everything just melting in seconds. Normal and cruel Malachai was a joke.

And here is my question: how do you deal with "you can't see shit coz Black sun crest" situation? Especially in the dark locations like prison etc.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
I dont use black sun crest anymore but my light radius just sucks as is.

Well the only place you have trouble with that are indoor map, where you place your 5 ballistas before opening the doors, so it doesnt matters :P

Tbh it only really sucks in the laby, but as soon as you have enough hps, it doesnt really matter. Its just annoying.

I changed my flasks, and using divination distilae now, which gives a very welcomed light radius. And it charge pretty quick.

I also got a taste of hate. ToH + vaal grace + acro + frost wall = melee dmg isnt scary as it used to be. I got arrow dancing and really like it.

This build worked very well with 2x4 links. It made a ton of maps with one 5 link, the only thing I couldnt finish then was Hall of grandmaster... got to the last lvl 100 dudes tho.

I'm thinking about making a Mf version of this, 4 ballistas are enought for most maps.

Right now I'm @ 5k hps / 32k ballistas / 15k frenzy / 93% accuracy / 93% crit chance / 422% crit multi.

"
Only issue i am finding now is getting upgrades while staying above 800 dex

This is the biggest challenge for this build... 800 dex + Res + hps ...

I had to trade a very good jewel for another with just +3dex..

You need very high Dex on any item that can have it... which means Not helm/Bow/quiver/belt...

I went for belly chest so i lost that also. (but gained 400hp).

Kudos Kartikdon.
nice take on the build, is that 32k with all frenzy charges up?
ZiggyD is using a Poison gem over PPAD, what are your thoughts on that? Especially considering the ballista's attack slow enough as it is, PPAD's speed reduction kind of sucks, no?
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info