Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.2] Phys Crit Iron Commander Siege Ballista || Atziri Down || Budget

1. It's a very nice and fun Build
Thanks for this !

2. Ascendancy Points:
I read and follow all of the posts here in this Thread and ...but in the end i am still ...confused about which Points i should take now.
Far Shot, Sharp and Venomous and Powerful Precision ?
In my opinion is the "Endless Munition" a waste and i like the idea from Sharp and venomous

3. Siege Ballista has a 100% Pierce, so.. work "Powerfull Precision" with it and is the 100% Pierce chance from the Ballista Gem alone a DPS+ from Drillneck ?

Last edited by steve426 on Apr 7, 2016, 12:57:27 AM
Just hit 77, rolling through maps nicely. Quick question though, do you feel like your clearspeed is good with PPAD + crit? I feel like mine is fine now, but it might tapper off the higher maps I hit. I still have another 10+ levels of nothing but DPS nodes to pick up now that i have all my life/defensive ones (minus arrow dancing, I will grab those next). I may switch over to the crit/crit damage gems instead of poison/chaos damage ones - but ATM, i don't have that much crit.

Here's my gear now.

Spoiler

Hitting about 6k dps tooltip with all my charges, 600dex and flask up. But like I said, I still have a lot of crit nodes left to pick up.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
First of all, Siege Ballistas are great fun and this is the first character I managed to get to mapping with. The others either died because I wanted to go too fast or I stopped playing them before I got there.

Here's my own situation with the build:
I'm playing PHC and seem to be at a sort of similar spot as Edzilla is.
However, I followed the build described in the startpost pretty religiously so far but want to make some improvements of my own soon-ish.

I hit 78 today, getting close to 8,5k dps on my Ballista tooltip with just a 4-link and all charges up and am hovering just above 600 dex. Currently I'm still only slowly progressing through map tiers, even though I don't think I need to be afraid.

This is my current equipment. I'm sure it's far from optimal and was very cheap for the most part as well:
Spoiler

As you can see I'm still just using a 4-Link setup with my Ballistae. Upgrading to a 5-Link will happen eventually, but right now I'm pretty happy with the damage they're dishing out.
You also might notice that I'm not using my chest at all. This is mostly because I'm not sure what to use it with. Should I put some kind of offensive/defensive curse setup in there? I'm just not sure and am hoping for some advice.
Another thing:
Since there are pretty much no more defensive/life nodes in reach for me, how good is the Phase Acrobatics and is it worth it to use up the four points to get there?
"
Fatzke wrote:
First of all, Siege Ballistas are great fun and this is the first character I managed to get to mapping with. The others either died because I wanted to go too fast or I stopped playing them before I got there.

Here's my own situation with the build:
I'm playing PHC and seem to be at a sort of similar spot as Edzilla is.
However, I followed the build described in the startpost pretty religiously so far but want to make some improvements of my own soon-ish.

I hit 78 today, getting close to 8,5k dps on my Ballista tooltip with just a 4-link and all charges up and am hovering just above 600 dex. Currently I'm still only slowly progressing through map tiers, even though I don't think I need to be afraid.

This is my current equipment. I'm sure it's far from optimal and was very cheap for the most part as well:
Spoiler

As you can see I'm still just using a 4-Link setup with my Ballistae. Upgrading to a 5-Link will happen eventually, but right now I'm pretty happy with the damage they're dishing out.
You also might notice that I'm not using my chest at all. This is mostly because I'm not sure what to use it with. Should I put some kind of offensive/defensive curse setup in there? I'm just not sure and am hoping for some advice.
Another thing:
Since there are pretty much no more defensive/life nodes in reach for me, how good is the Phase Acrobatics and is it worth it to use up the four points to get there?

I picked up normal acro and arrow dancing. It seems to be doing well - just stay way back :P I also run Arctic Armor + Lightning Coil for further mitigation. almost level 80 now, with 5.1k hps. I switched my added fire damage to crit strikes and it boost my tooltip. I still like the poison/added chaos though. I might switch over to PPAD/crit damage to try out the dps difference. Leveling all atm.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Really nice and well written guide! :)

Also playing an Iron Commander build so I thought I check urs out.

Mine does have a higher focus on evading, inc. dmg and proj.speed + attack speed tho to help with the poor aim Siege Ballista has.

I'm also converting my phys. into part lightning for shocks on rares and bosses which help alot imo!

I'm at 627 Dex now, can summon up to 4 totems and have a nearly 31k tooltip per totem with only Hatred and Herald of Ash active. Close to 60k with charges and flasks up (4 frenzy, 3 power atm, will be 7 frenzy soon.)
I also think that 4 totems are more than enough cuz otherwise having to recast them all the time can get a bit too mana hungry imo.

Also my current gear:

Spoiler

Edit: About ascendencies.

Also using Powerfull Precisions and Far Shot for obv. reasons.

About Sharp an Venomous I'm not so sure, I pref. Fast and Deadly for higher aps, proj. speed and proj. dmg.... more consistent imo, might test S&V tho.

A few questions:

How do you handle fast moving mobs / speed maps and bosses with ur rather slow proj. speed?

Why did you decide to not go phys to light even tho shocks really shine on crit builds, especially bow builds?

And I'm curious about your current tooltip standing in HO with only auras up.

Dont get me wrong here tho, I'm not criticizing you, I'm just really curious and like to share informations and thoughts in the forums! :)
(thought I add this sentance cuz I add some people that felt offended by questions like these...)

Why Abyssus as evasion / dodge based build?
I can see that the extremly high flat phys + critmulti is very tempting but when you get hit, and you will get hit a few times no matter what ur doing, dont you take like some serious hits all the time? How do you handle that?

Would really appreciate you answeres!

Cheers, Zahkriisos! :)

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Apr 8, 2016, 8:14:53 PM
Sounds awesome.

Could you post your skill tree? I'm really interested in your approach and hope that it'll give me some ideas for myself. Thanks!
"
Fatzke wrote:
Sounds awesome.

Could you post your skill tree? I'm really interested in your approach and hope that it'll give me some ideas for myself. Thanks!

You mean me?
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Exactly. :)
Your character sheet is not public unfortunately.
Why are the build links showing up blank? Anyone else having this problem?
I'm loving this build, made a few changes for survivability and regen but it's so fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info