SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Perq wrote:
Yes, remember this Khoranth, [Removed by Support]
Why is this thread still open?

Because yours is still open too.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Apr 19, 2016, 9:51:20 AM
"
Regulator wrote:
@Khoranth You might want to use "Crossy Roads" instead of Frogger mate as an example (its basically the same game but more recent). The willingly ignorant people who try to respond are way too young to know what Frogger is, and thus they dont understand why labyrinth is such a chore for those who have played arcade games and as it is only natural (since they dont have the experience and comprehension skills) they cant make the connection why labyrinth is a copy pasta actually from older games, something that speaks volumes about the whole issue (yeah new and refreshing gameplay from the 80', a black page in the history of PoE)

If you actually look at the ladders now that they are implemented you will see that from the total 3k from ALL LEAGUES and DIFFICULTIES, a big percentange is people who just ascend with no interest in the actual content that labyrinth offers. Like us they simply find lab boring and only AC worth of their time, seriously there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOWNSIDE removing the tedious and boring arcade playstyle required to get the AC points. Keep the labyrinth intanct, especially now that it has an extra reward to keep people motivated and put the Ascendancies somewhere else.

Ah thanks, I have never heard of "crossy roads", i will have to research it. I just remembered that at a pizza shop I went to as a child, there were two arcade games: frogger and rampage. I played frogger a few times and hated it, so stuck with rampage whenever I went there for pizza. There may have been a Qbert as well, I forget.

So, since I hated frogger as a child, naturally I hate traps labyrinth.
"
Khoranth wrote:

It is interesting to me that I have the same feelings. On a side note, I didn't like playing Frogger, but I did enjoy the frog splatting in the road. :-) The labyrinth reminds me of other games that I hated like Prince of Persia and Mario. When I first entered the labyrinth and saw those traps I just got this sick feeling. I ran around in big circles for about 15 minutes and said to myself, at least in games like Frogger, Mario, and Tomb Raider it is obvious how to make progress. To my despairI concluded that labyrinth was even worse than Frogger, Mario, and Tomb Raider! Since then I'm not so sure that that conclusion was really fair though since I haven't been able to bring myself to go back to the labyrinth.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

It is interesting to me that I have the same feelings. On a side note, I didn't like playing Frogger, but I did enjoy the frog splatting in the road. :-) The labyrinth reminds me of other games that I hated like Prince of Persia and Mario. When I first entered the labyrinth and saw those traps I just got this sick feeling. I ran around in big circles for about 15 minutes and said to myself, at least in games like Frogger, Mario, and Tomb Raider it is obvious how to make progress. To my despairI concluded that labyrinth was even worse than Frogger, Mario, and Tomb Raider! Since then I'm not so sure that that conclusion was really fair though since I haven't been able to bring myself to go back to the labyrinth.

The trials were suppose to be an introduction of what sort of traps you could encounter. I simply can't comprehend how anyone that has completed all of the trials themselves and knows how to use the lab map (located by each door) can not complete the challenge.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

It is interesting to me that I have the same feelings. On a side note, I didn't like playing Frogger, but I did enjoy the frog splatting in the road. :-) The labyrinth reminds me of other games that I hated like Prince of Persia and Mario. When I first entered the labyrinth and saw those traps I just got this sick feeling. I ran around in big circles for about 15 minutes and said to myself, at least in games like Frogger, Mario, and Tomb Raider it is obvious how to make progress. To my despair I concluded that labyrinth was even worse than Frogger, Mario, and Tomb Raider! Since then I'm not so sure that that conclusion was really fair though since I haven't been able to bring myself to go back to the labyrinth.

The trials were suppose to be an introduction of what sort of traps you could encounter. I simply can't comprehend how anyone that has completed all of the trials themselves and knows how to use the lab map (located by each door) can not complete the challenge.

Hi Goetzjam! I went through the trials the first time without clicking on the lab map thingy (except for once). The first couple times I went into the labyrinth, I didn't notice the lab map thingy. The third and last time I tried the labyrinth I used the lab map thingy. (Hence my statement that perhaps my conclusion that labyrinth was even worse than those other games that I hate might have been premature. Although I'm really not sure either way.) This third attempt was normal level labyrinth and my character was only level 30. When I got to Izaro I ran around Izaro for probably 5 minutes trying to kill him. I finally hit horrible lag and my character died. Please note that dying to way over leveled bosses is fine. I'm very much used to that normal PoE mechanic of sticking way over leveled bosses in different parts of the game. Since then I have not been able to bring myself to retry the boring tedious and not fun labyrinth. Where have you ever seen me say that I don't think I could complete the "challenge" if I was willing to play the boring tedious and not fun labyrinth? Let me try again to emphasize my feelings of the labyrinth, it is
BORING TEDIOUS AND NOT FUN. Regards,
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

Hi Goetzjam! I went through the trials the first time without clicking on the lab map thingy (except for once). The first couple times I went into the labyrinth, I didn't notice the lab map thingy. The third and last time I tried the labyrinth I used the lab map thingy. (Hence my statement that perhaps my conclusion that labyrinth was even worse than those other games that I hate might have been premature. Although I'm really not sure either way.) This third attempt was normal level labyrinth and my character was only level 30. When I got to Izaro I ran around Izaro for probably 5 minutes trying to kill him. I finally hit horrible lag and my character died. Please note that dying to way over leveled bosses is fine. I'm very much used to that normal PoE mechanic of sticking way over leveled bosses in different parts of the game. Since then I have not been able to bring myself to retry the boring tedious and not fun labyrinth. Where have you ever seen me say that I don't think I could complete the "challenge" if I was willing to play the boring tedious and not fun labyrinth? Let me try again to emphasize my feelings of the labyrinth, it is

I never said you specifically couldn't complete the challenge if you tried, but rather if people do complete the trials I'm not sure how they couldn't complete the lab with a bit of skill and time.

As for not doing it, thats up to you, I feel like you are purposely hurting "yourself" by hating it so much without giving it a good effort. I feel like this issue is much larger because there are a lot of vocal people complaining about something without ever really giving it a chance.

Regardless I dont think they will move them out of the lab, they fit in the game because they are in the lab.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

I never said you specifically couldn't complete the challenge if you tried, but rather if people do complete the trials I'm not sure how they couldn't complete the lab with a bit of skill and time.

As for not doing it, thats up to you, I feel like you are purposely hurting "yourself" by hating it so much without giving it a good effort. I feel like this issue is much larger because there are a lot of vocal people complaining about something without ever really giving it a chance.

Regardless I dont think they will move them out of the lab, they fit in the game because they are in the lab.

I just don't like games like Mario, Frogger, Prince of Persia, or PoE Labyrinth. I went into the labyrinth 3 times for a total of probably over an hour. I consider that quite a bit? I gave the labyrinth more effort than I feel boring tedious and not fun content deserves because I really loved PoE and wanted to continue playing it. Whether GGG decides to make the Labyrinth optional or not is up to them. There are many other games to choose from. Right now I'm playing XCOM2 which is very good, for example.

Regarding your general statement about "a lot of vocal people complaining about something without ever really giving it a chance", I think that my length of experience is well below the average. It is a significant portion of players that dislike the lab. I assume you've seen the straw poll? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639251
"
Perq wrote:
Yes, remember this Khoranth, [Removed by Support]

Why is this thread still open?

The important reasons why it is still open :

It is feedback
It is a matter that seems to be interesting for many
It provides thorough analysis to the why of the suggestion
It unites people who have the same opinion regarding the labyrinth.

The less important reasons why it is still open :

It gives the chance to many people (the majority of whom seem to belong in a order called white knights) to make reality-defying, willingly ignorant and hilarous comments, providing many funny moments and entertainment to the rest.

P.S. it took 1month and 9 days to respond/bumb the joke thread? really?
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
yes please

( Set Them Free )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql2RcwNY5Eo

no analysis here i just want to buy my ascendancy kills and play with my HC chars, not waste my time in the lab.
I hate the lab

SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216
If you don't like the lab, don't do it. That's fine - it would be fine as is if it didn't give the best rewards in the game. Not because of the time or difficulty of the lab, but because of the style of it. They tried something new and merged something from another game genre. That's fine, that's how things like MOBAs came about. But putting the best reward in the game behind this new feature that doesn't fit the genre? That's ballsy, and in my opinion a bad idea. Add your weird, out of place new game system, but don't tie the best rewards in the game to it. Keep it with enchants only. The only reason to repeat the lab is for enchants anyway. Why punish players who like this genre and just want to play this genre by forcing us to do lab to ascend? The main reason I hate the lab is it goes against the flow of the game. Would you want to play a game of tetris or bejeweled after hitting lvl 10 to unlock a new gun in Call of Duty? Would that make any sense? That's how the Labyrinth feels to me (obviously this is an exaggeration of how different the game type is, but it's enough of a disparity that it feels kind of like this and I hate it thusly). The labyrinth is like playing a level of Gauntlet in the middle of PoE. It makes no sense to me to be there, and I don't want to play Gauntlet, if I did, I'd just go play that. There are puzzle/trap games out there for people who want to play them. I want to play Path of Exile, the Diablo series, Titan's Quest, Grim Dawn, and the other good games in THIS genre. The lab feels like a totally different game, and that is why I hate it. Not because of the effort to do it. Because it doesn't belong and you have to do it for the ascendancy classes. I don't think traps belong in the game at all, but again, I'm fine with leaving the lab as is if you remove ascendancy classes from it. They could add a new zone or two in Act 4 with Izaro as a boss there to fight and award the ascension. You keep whatever lore they made up for him intact, and you don't force folks who want to play PoE to play what is basically a different game to get the best rewards in the game. It being hard is fine, I agree that it should be. It should just be difficulty that makes sense as part of this game/genre. Folks who like the lab now will still run it for the enchants and speed ladder. That would appease the folks who hate the labyrinth, while still giving good incentives to run labyrinth. A lazier option would to simply give ascension upon defeating Malachai in each difficulty, but I doubt GGG would go that route.
IGN: Prospectus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info