SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Can you say a sentence without belittling, or being toxic?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
Can you say a sentence without belittling, or being toxic?

At least we know the answer for you folk.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
We should get 6 tries (like the maps), that would be fair.
"
jhnsmth wrote:
You have as many tries as you want. Not like the game deletes your character after you fail the labyrinth.
"
jhnsmth wrote:

The lab was designed to be done in 1 try, not only that people have proven its quite possible in literally a matter of minutes.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
We have seen changes in the gameplay already, nothing is carved in stone.
I remember when we had no checkpoints in this game and had to run back from the nearest
waypoint.

So I hope GGG revisit its design choices about the lab (and we get 5 continues like the maps).
If you divorce points from the lab, where would you put them? Maybe offering an alternative would be nice. I might have missed it.

I don't mind the lab as some do. Although I can see where the frustration comes in. It's a completely NEW playstyle, and to be fair, a lot of us around here are old dogs that don't like new tricks.

If the points are moved from the lab, I don't see any current content that could gate those points. The power difference between ascended and non-ascended exiles is a lot....as such it should be a challenge to unlock all 6 points. It needs some kind of difficult content Gate.

I saw some recommendations to make izaro a separate boss fight for the points...but that too is also easy. Also I feel like it would be impossible because there are trickets within the labyrinth that change his difficulty depending on which you find. A lab without Izaro doesn't seem like its even possible.

I don't think that the malachai kill suggestion is very good since that is "natural progression". The ascendancy points should feel special, and as such, should be located in a part of the game where you don't normally go.

All that really leaves is Atziri. Which may cause even bigger ruckus and would also skyrocket fragments in price to where people would still complain.

There is simply no other solution in current design that I can think of... What ideas do you guys have?

EDIT: Obviously there are a lot of people that responded to this thread and I haven't read all of them. In that light, if there are any complaints of life-based vs CI in here...those are nonsense. I have ascended 4 times this league: Life-based x 2, CI x 1 and Low Life x 1. They are all relatively the same in difficulty, just require slightly different playstyles.
Last edited by Prizy on Apr 21, 2016, 10:47:07 AM
"
If you divorce points from the lab, where would you put them? Maybe offering an alternative would be nice. I might have missed it.

I don't mind the lab as some do. Although I can see where the frustration comes in. It's a completely NEW playstyle, and to be fair, a lot of us around here are old dogs that don't like new tricks.

If the points are moved from the lab, I don't see any current content that could gate those points. The power difference between ascended and non-ascended exiles is a lot....as such it should be a challenge to unlock all 6 points. It needs some kind of difficult content Gate.

I saw some recommendations to make izaro a separate boss fight for the points...but that too is also easy. Also I feel like it would be impossible because there are trickets within the labyrinth that change his difficulty depending on which you find. A lab without Izaro doesn't seem like its even possible.

I don't think that the malachai kill suggestion is very good since that is "natural progression". The ascendancy points should feel special, and as such, should be located in a part of the game where you don't normally go.

All that really leaves is Atziri. Which may cause even bigger ruckus and would also skyrocket fragments in price to where people would still complain.

There is simply no other solution in current design that I can think of... What ideas do you guys have?

EDIT: Obviously there are a lot of people that responded to this thread and I haven't read all of them. In that light, if there are any complaints of life-based vs CI in here...those are nonsense. I have ascended 4 times this league: Life-based x 2, CI x 1 and Low Life x 1. They are all relatively the same in difficulty, just require slightly different playstyles.

Ill try and find every suggestion regarding the matter and update the OP or post them seperately (or both), glad to see some constructive feedback, appreciated it. GGG will rework the hyrbid/ci interaction with the traps in 2.3 patch if i remember correctly from the podcast (thats after the perandus league ends)

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
jhnsmth wrote:
We have seen changes in the gameplay already, nothing is carved in stone.
I remember when we had no checkpoints in this game and had to run back from the nearest
waypoint.

So I hope GGG revisit its design choices about the lab (and we get 5 continues like the maps).

Yeah I remember that too all the time because I play HC. This game isn't meant to be a hold your hand style game, checkpoints honestly should have never been added, but it was done so to make it easier on SC players basically just to zerg the content.

That isn't what they want done in the lab considering how few times you "have to" do it.

Again my signature is a perfect example of the "issue" players are unwilling to learn anything and just want it for free or easier. The lab can be done in 1 swoop fairly quickly.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Almost everyone that posts here in the Feedback and Suggestions forum is doing so because they want PoE to be the best game possible. We give feedback and suggestions to GGG. We do not really decide anything here. GGG takes our feedback and suggestions into consideration when doing their planning. We all have different points of view and can sometimes disagree when those views seem incompatible. I believe this is really a very good thing. It helps to hone and develop different ideas and directions. So, let's show respect for everyone as best we can, especially when disagreeing. That way our mutual goal of making PoE the best game possible will be enhanced and I really think that we will also enjoy the process much more. Regards,

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info