SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
gforce45 wrote:
ok ok the game won't die I'm just a bit pissed off because the rest of the game is so good. but ascendancy (the lab specifically, the actual passives are awesome) is not the reason the game has more players, it was the fixing of de-sync, core game play fixes, changes to the difficulty, xbox release, expansion of end game content, changes to the viability of off meta builds ect. ect. Basically it was GGG's acceptance of the fact that while it was nice to make the game they wanted to play the game that the playerbase actually wants was a little more fun.

Yeah I'm sure, lets make the game the "players" want to play.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I don't like the labyrinth.
I like the labyrinth.
"
gforce45 wrote:
This game will die if you don't remove the ascendancy points from the lab.
Lucky for you GGG already announced they are doing this. I know the initial request was put in a couple years ago, but sometime prior to 4.0 this should happen, maybe even 3.9 (probably not).
"
gforce45 wrote:
ok ok the game won't die I'm just a bit pissed off because the rest of the game is so good. but ascendancy (the lab specifically, the actual passives are awesome) is not the reason the game has more players, it was the fixing of de-sync, core game play fixes, changes to the difficulty, xbox release, expansion of end game content, changes to the viability of off meta builds ect. ect. Basically it was GGG's acceptance of the fact that while it was nice to make the game they wanted to play the game that the playerbase actually wants was a little more fun.

Well, you cannot prove that it isn't one of the pieces of content that is attracting players and that it makes the game more attractive as a whole.

"
"
gforce45 wrote:
This game will die if you don't remove the ascendancy points from the lab.
Lucky for you GGG already announced they are doing this.

No quite.

What they said at Exilecon is that there will be another method of ascending for the new ascendancies, and they are discussing about keeping the lab as a method of ascending for the curreny ascendancies or not.

I cannot wait to see the river of tears of the many people who are just falsely pretending that lab was super easy but that they onyl didn't like it ( not all the complainers of course, but many I believe ) when the new method of ascending is challenging/difficult to them and they have troubles ascending with the new campaign :3
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
There isn't a solution that will please everyone.

Even if they remove the ascendancy points from Lab they will replace it with something else like more/better divine font mods for weapons, belts.

Because that's what the lab is, a big test with a big reward at the end. And it has to be something as good or nearly as good as AP at the end of it.

And then some players will complain that they have to run the lab to get divine font enchants and bla bla bla.
I’d still like the lab to be reworked into pure trials, gauntlets, and puzzles. We can explore in maps. Each room should have at least 1 easier exit and 1 with better rewards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info