Closed

"
"
Catharsis wrote:

No thanks. Goal is still my standard tree, everyday all day.
so i wouldnt even go there,

idea is not bad, but to many respec points needed when i turn my tree into my standard tree.

so you want to end up doing the standard tree exactly? Is there a reason you deviated from that in this league? At what point do you plan to transfer over?

Just curious cause I may try respeccing and if I do I am trying to figure the best direction.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
"
Catharsis wrote:

No thanks. Goal is still my standard tree, everyday all day.
so i wouldnt even go there,

idea is not bad, but to many respec points needed when i turn my tree into my standard tree.

so you want to end up doing the standard tree exactly? Is there a reason you deviated from that in this league? At what point do you plan to transfer over?

Just curious cause I may try respeccing and if I do I am trying to figure the best direction.

Well the tree i have now, i designed for early league, fast and strong even in early levels.

i will transfer when i get my hands onto enlighten 3 wich is minimum need, when u wanna add AA, and u wanna add AA the mitigation it provides is huge. thats basically it.

there is a ton of ways to setup a good SRS tree, the standard version of my tree is my fav by far, it got perfectionized in my run for break the 2.1 srs nerf and kill uber, was a long and hard fight, but after a long time thinking/testing, i finaly broke it.

Last edited by DanishGrinder on Mar 16, 2016, 5:40:09 PM
How much free (and total) mana did you have on standard and mana regen? Curious what to shoot for there. I assume we need somewhere around 350 mana/s or greater.

I'm looking at respeccing into this at lvl83

I added the 4% aura res towards leadership and using the aura calc:
with 1440 estimated mana
Alpha's
lvl20 clarity, hatred, haste, AA
135 remaining mana without any enlighten.

a conquereor's efficiency would bring me to 182 if needed.

thoughts?
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
How much free (and total) mana did you have on standard and mana regen? Curious what to shoot for there. I assume we need somewhere around 350 mana/s or greater.

I'm looking at respeccing into this at lvl83

I added the 4% aura res towards leadership and using the aura calc:
with 1440 estimated mana
Alpha's
lvl20 clarity, hatred, haste, AA
135 remaining mana without any enlighten.

a conquereor's efficiency would bring me to 182 if needed.

thoughts?

i have 230 mana regen on standard, and 193 un used mana.

dont use conq effect. all jewel slots must contain, in order :

Minion dmg
Life
Castspeed / reduced mana cost
resist/attributes if needed.

Last edited by DanishGrinder on Mar 16, 2016, 8:43:30 PM
nice to know 230 will get by.

Yeah I don't want to use that it would be a stopgap jewel if I needed it while I obtain better gear. (just in case jewel).

Been a long while since I played srs. I think before masters.

I guess I'll move forward with respecc'ing. I'll use my tree and as I level add points towards more jewel slots. Hopefully get some gg jewels in the process.

thanks for the help. good luck.

----
hmmm if i respec i think I would have 3.7K life vs my current of 4.1K. How much life do you have? This is with a 39% belly.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Mar 16, 2016, 9:50:49 PM
Pardon me, new kid to POE and do all my "research & learning" at work (so I can play more at home!).

Can't watch videos, so was wondering if you could help lay it out for me how a typical boss fight goes? (also skill hotkey management! Doesn't seem like enough space) Especially interested in how you juggle:

1. Arc/Ball Lightning Totem for Elemental Equilibrium (On a side note, why Ball vs/or Arc?)
2. Desecrate
3. Flesh Offering
4. SRS, of course.
5. (I just saw) you have Enduring Cry as well
6. (Pardon this newbie, but don't you need Flame Dash or something like that to escape?)

Do I gotta keep casting Desecrate and Flesh Offering every 4 seconds? (for Spirit Eater effect)
And still have to run away from attacks and find time to replace totem and summon more SRS? +Enduring Cry

Currently, I'm using Summon Skel totem as a distraction while I just hang back and SRS. (that's the general idea, depending on the boss)
Last edited by eskeemoo on Mar 17, 2016, 4:04:34 AM
"
eskeemoo wrote:
Pardon me, new kid to POE and do all my "research & learning" at work (so I can play more at home!).

Can't watch videos, so was wondering if you could help lay it out for me how a typical boss fight goes? (also skill hotkey management! Doesn't seem like enough space) Especially interested in how you juggle:

1. Arc/Ball Lightning Totem for Elemental Equilibrium (On a side note, why Ball vs/or Arc?)
2. Desecrate
3. Flesh Offering
4. SRS, of course.
5. (I just saw) you have Enduring Cry as well
6. (Pardon this newbie, but don't you need Flame Dash or something like that to escape?)

Do I gotta keep casting Desecrate and Flesh Offering every 4 seconds? (for Spirit Eater effect)
And still have to run away from attacks and find time to replace totem and summon more SRS? +Enduring Cry

Currently, I'm using Summon Skel totem as a distraction while I just hang back and SRS. (that's the general idea, depending on the boss)

q - End cry
w - totem
e - flesh offer
r - vaal haste
t - vaal grace
y - vaal skelis/vaal clarity ( i reassigned the middle mouse button to y.
walk - left mouse
srs - right mouse

desecrate is in off hand and i only use it if nessacary, like izara/atziri fights etc,
normaly there is enuff corpses to sustain flesh offering. and yes u need to cast flesh offering each 4 sec to make it work, but dont cry if u dont do it, the spirits has plenty of dmg without.

baal lightning i use atm, cuz it has a larger effect area = more mobs get EE on em = larger dmg output.
when i swap to my std tree i go back to spelltotem/arc

i never find my self in positions impossible to get out of, i am not afraid of walking into a 50 mob pack when my vaal grace is on.
Do you use your arc totem on trash too? Also do you need to place totem down first before summoning SRS? How does the mechanic work?
IGN - Imgur
"
Madbeats wrote:
Do you use your arc totem on trash too? Also do you need to place totem down first before summoning SRS? How does the mechanic work?

EE means whatever element you hit with monsters will gain resistance to that element(s) and lose resitance to the remaining.

So, Lightning damage will cause monsters to have less resistance to fire and cold (and more resistance to lightning). SRS use fire as part of their attack damage. Any time you apply the lightning damage through your totem (or self cast) this occurs.

Minions do no carry this trait as EE only applies to you (totems count as an extension of you) so they can only benefit here. It's noteworthy that when partying if you travel with say a sparker you would not want to launch your totems because it would hinder your party member.

You can use it when needed. It will improve your srs and when you use it will depend on level and strength of your srs. Sometimes trash die very fast at high level so no need and sometimes it takes a bit while you are still leveling so it may be worth it to drop a totem on a pack.

It's likely always a good idea on bosses (except again of course with a party that uses that element).

The order doesn't matter since SRS can only benefit

Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Madbeats wrote:

EE means whatever element you hit with monsters will gain resistance to that element(s) and lose resitance to the remaining.

So, Lightning damage will cause monsters to have less resistance to fire and cold (and more resistance to lightning). SRS use fire as part of their attack damage. Any time you apply the lightning damage through your totem (or self cast) this occurs.

Minions do no carry this trait as EE only applies to you (totems count as an extension of you) so they can only benefit here. It's noteworthy that when partying if you travel with say a sparker you would not want to launch your totems because it would hinder your party member.

You can use it when needed. It will improve your srs and when you use it will depend on level and strength of your srs. Sometimes trash die very fast at high level so no need and sometimes it takes a bit while you are still leveling so it may be worth it to drop a totem on a pack.

It's likely always a good idea on bosses (except again of course with a party that uses that element).

The order doesn't matter since SRS can only benefit

Ah okay thanks that was really informative.

Another question I have is when do you use Flesh Offering? do you just press it on auto pilot as you go through maps? How important is it to have the buff up?
IGN - Imgur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info