[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

Yeah speccing out of Acro is common mistake don't worry, i regularly forget to do it myself and then just stand there for 10 seconds wondering what's wrong xD

i made a note of it in the passive tree section

"
So, as someone who plays in groups and plans on using this particular trap build to attempt shaper/uber, would you recommend doing this as Sab or as Occultist?

I've enjoyed this build for map clearing in the past as Sab, but don't know how the damage will stack up in groups/bosses now that they handed out a bit of dirt nap to poison trap/mines.

Double dipping is still there, only the Trap support gem doesn't give the double dipping modifier, all other increases and multipliers to trap damage still apply to damage over time

it's a weird change that caused a lot of confusion and was worded poorly and made a lot of people overreact

For group play i think you'll be left behind feeling pretty useless without Saboteur however if you intend to focus on Shaper farming Occultist provides way more

It's a tradeoff you'll have to decide for yourself based on what you value and do more

For me it was an easy choice because it's gonna be quite a while before i have time to deal with SHaper stuff and i really wanna explore the entirety of the Atlas

Occultist gives easier acces to triple curse which is still strong for bosses even after nerfs, just a bit more balanced now(still a bit too strong imo) and the -15% chaos res is a pretty big multiplier in itself not to mention the energy shield recharge benefits

Saboteur almost doubles your clearspeed and can allow you to carry a full party on your back alone, i did limited party play but all of it was high tier content and people were extremely happy to have me around, i remember soloing a 4 man hp conservatory double boss and people would often message me to help them with colosseum boss challenges

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Sep 9, 2016, 2:57:08 PM
Build is amazing :) did cruel lab at lvl 52 with about 2200 life (life+es) and chain reactions is great now :)
If you don't mind, can I ask tooltip dps?

I am lv88 and have pretty good gears.

I did modify your tree to fit my situation. (Life base)

But this is my first time to play trap build so I don't know my dps is good or bad.

I already clear tier 15 but it takes time and effort to dodge, especially in boss fight.

In most of video, I can see that many trap build just threw few trap and kill boss instantly.

However, I need to spend lots of attention and reflexes to dodge and attack.

My tooltip dps is 8 K in town.

Link: Bladefall - trap - Controlled destruction - concentration - trap cool down - cluster trap.

I tried to swipe Trap cool town to Trap damage.

Dps is increasing quite well(12K) but I just can't play without trap cool down gem.

My item:

passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAABeBS0FtQceCC4NjQ5IES8RlhPfFSAWvxmOGbQb4CP2JJ0miCaVKwos6S2DLlMwfDIBM3g2PTfUQixDMUd-SVFKfUz_TZJRR1VLVvpd8mHiYetiT2JaYqxkqmVNZ05noGo2aoxqk2wIbIxvd3BRcbB07XX9dm96U3rvfXV-sH8rhG-E2Yazh3aNfY2_j_qQDZUumyabhp2qoHmi2bCrsNiyGbTFtUi3ML02vqfC7MSCyBTI8MkGz3rTb9N-1CPUQtaK2FTawdvn45_nOuha6NbrY-wY7T_tg-4O73rw1fGK9W_2o_zF_Ur-ug==
Last edited by Valencer on Sep 9, 2016, 6:03:00 PM
Hi, where would i be able to find your passive tree for Witch? seems i can only find the shadow passive tree, sorry if i'm blind.
witch passive tree is basically the same except that one witch starting node so i didn't bother putting one up

my tooltip dps in the 2.4 Uber Atziri kill video was 13k with cluster trap because i used single target gems and in my Palace clear it was around 10k

i think my first uber kill in Perandus was done on a 8k tooltip and didn't even have lvl 20 gems

As far as tier 15 bosses go, everything adds up, lvl 20 or 21 gems, quality on gems, high level and therefore most likely more dmaage nodes, rare dagger with 60+ spell damage also helps more than Bino's

your tree for example doesn't have that many damage nodes, also a side effect of life builds that need more points in life to reach good defense levels

also take note that the more aoe you have less single target you do because how bladefall mechanics work and how the blade wawes overlap, with less aoe there is more overlap and more wawes hit the same target

so non quality bladefall and no aoe nodes does more single target damage

just like on any build in general, increasing your aoe clear will come at a single target penalty

In general it takes about 3 sets(throws) of traps to bring Colosseum Daresso to enter next phase and it takes around 5-6 sets(throws) of traps to kill a t14 boss from what i experienced, ofcourse influenced by map mods such as Enfeeble, bosslife etc.

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Sep 10, 2016, 3:33:13 AM
Well the build has really come into its own since I last checked in. I havnt moved to CI yet but I'm close, feel like with the right nodes I could hit around 6.5k ES. my chest is only 5L and I dont have double curse but I'm still destroying up to tier 14, havnt gone higher due to poor luck with drops.

A few questions. Is CI even necessary, I'm finding that I dont really have too many issues with just my ramshackle life build and feel that CI would just make me squishier outside of having 10k ish ES which seemsimpossible at this point. I might toy around fully embracing the life build with some big hitters like Lightningcoil or something.

In fact..

Builds Super nice for me so far but I'm thinking about ditching working towards CI completely and rocking a full evasion, life build. With fortify, blind and a shield I feel like it should be decent. I can also get Cospris Will for a chest which can allow me to run double curse more reliably and get some stronger rare jewels.
Last edited by Googatron on Sep 10, 2016, 6:16:19 AM
There's no reason to go CI per se but once you cann afford to there's no reason not to

and you will eventually eat that Volatile or get DD'd or chunked by a Revenant corpse explosion and you'll wish you have been CI

My priority was always min maxing the builds i play, that's basically 80% of the reason i play the game

coupled with the fact that i like to push builds into mid 90's and i hate dying even on SC, even though you don't lose much every death feels like your build is shit

And CI is just a natural step of progression

But you have to take into account that this build is optimized entirely around my choices and the feeling i get when i play it

Not everything i do is mathematically better or "correct" but also because i feel better playing it that way

Even though i believe that CI is way better for this type of build(no leech, no innate defenses) it is also the way i prefer to play the game

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Sep 10, 2016, 8:08:38 AM
cleaned up the guide and updated the "early league progression" with example budget gear i acquired for around 30 chaos as i made my switch to CI at lvl 73

i will update mechanics section as it was slightly outdated and wasn't concise enough, will make a new detailed explanation in following days

i'll aim to include differences in single target setup, bladefall overlap mechanics and example math i have talked in my answers so it's all in one place

I'm loving Atlas so far and build is still defnitely strong as hell
IGN JustifiedF
Ok So the build is still doing great. Its surprisingly durable which feels strange when playing it because it doesnt feel durable if that makes sence lol. I'm breezing through t14 right now but am at a bit of a wall due to bad luck with map drops, willlikely be at t13 tomorrow :P

I've started using Heartbreaker Royal Skean, it has ES which is rare for a weapon, has the adequate crit and spelldamage rolls for a weapon and has a nifty 10% faster start to ES recharge which I've noticed and helps a fair bit. The only downside I can see to using this weapon is it has a slightly slower attack speed, but its not too noticible with quality gems and an attackspeed roll on your gloves.

Having alittle issue with mana ever since I started using double curse with Heretics Veil, your guide mentions a level 2 enlighten is necessary to start being usable, but I cant even use my 5 link trap setup untill level 3 at all, I'm currently using a level 4 enlighten and can only get one cast of my trap before I have to potion, and it feels insanely clunkky to play, to the point where I just run a single curse just because having to potion after every cast is tedious and unsustainable on boss fights. Though I'm sure this is likely due to my low maximum manapool of 1100. Did you have problems like this while you were setting up this build? any tips, or do I need to begin the long painstaking process of finding CI level ES gear with Max mana on it, so I can more effectively use my skills +double curse.

[Edit] I found the problem, I missed the Leadership Cluster that grants 4% reduced mana reserved.

Last edited by Googatron on Sep 12, 2016, 12:18:36 PM
"

[Edit] I found the problem, I missed the Leadership Cluster that grants 4% reduced mana reserved.

you should also probably get Dreamer and Soul Siphon mana nodes for increased mana. Deep thoughts for added juice, but you should be just about right.
IGN:
@McDeliveryOnFlurry - Legacy Softcore

add me if i win or if my bids are lower than c/o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info